Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
What you fail to understand is that I don't care that he likes to wear diapers as part of some fetish. (Although I am curious if actually using the diaper for what it is typically intended is part of the fetish.) I don't care that he uses prostitutes. I feel for his wife, but if she can live with it, then so be it. Her choice to stay with him. What I care about is that rails against gay marriage. What I care about is that Vitter has attempted to legislate Christian prayer in school. What I care about is that Vitter is for abstinence-only education.

Vitter, like so many who spout family values, is a total hypocrite. Why can't you just admit that?
Why not just post about these policies then? I don't see any Democrats screaming that Bill Clinton needs to sit down and shut up because of his past sex offenses. Again, Clinton was a) a strong supporter of DOMA and b) fired Dick Morris because he saw a hooker.

Is there any politician, or human being for that matter, who isn't hypocritical in some way. Look at Obama--smoked dope as a kid, and now is ok with putting people in jail for just that. Or Romney--if flip flops are a form of hypocrisy, then he is the master of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 07:42 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Why not just post about these policies then? I don't see any Democrats screaming that Bill Clinton needs to sit down and shut up because of his past sex offenses. Again, Clinton was a) a strong supporter of DOMA and b) fired Dick Morris because he saw a hooker.
How many democrats cared about Clinton's sex life exactly? I sure as heck didn't. I don't care about Vitter's sex life either. What I do care about is hypocrisy and trying to legislate one set of rules in pubic and for the public and doing the opposite in one's private life. And Morris was an employee not an elected official. Why would an elected official deal with the flack caused by an employee?

And plenty of people had a a problem with Clinton's position on DOMA, and it was a position that he eventually changed.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
What I care about is that rails against gay marriage. What I care about is that Vitter has attempted to legislate Christian prayer in school. What I care about is that Vitter is for abstinence-only education.
Did he ever say he was against having extramarital affairs? If not, then there's no hypocrisy. It's possible that he and his wife have an "understanding" - as I'm sure Bill and Hillary Clinton had for many years.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:50 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Democrats as well as Republicians as in this case, are not imune to this kind of incidents not happening.

You would think these dummies would learn there lessons by now, but as usual, the dumb arses never do.

How stupid are they, to think, the public at large will never find out, they have to be dummies.

This is tit-tat because both sides are guilty of this.
Yeah, this is as stupid as it comes. As a politician, you must know your every move is being watched.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
Democrats aren't usually the ones walking around talking about "family values" or "traditional family values".
Neither are the Republicans running around celebrating Gay Pride, GLTB, "gay" marriage, NAMBLA, etc, etc.

Democrats have become the 'Anytihng Goes' Party. They have become the Party of complete debauchery.

Republicans are still a party grounded in moralality. This does not mean all are perfect examples. Humans are not free from sin.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
[quote=nononsenseguy;25809848]Neither are the Republicans running around celebrating Gay Pride, GLTB, "gay" marriage, NAMBLA, etc, etc.

Democrats have become the 'Anytihng Goes' Party. They have become the Party of complete debauchery.

Republicans are still a party grounded in moralality.

Except when they`re blowing up a poor sovereign country just for kicks.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Neither are the Republicans running around celebrating Gay Pride, GLTB, "gay" marriage, NAMBLA, etc, etc.

Republicans are still a party grounded in moralality. This does not mean all are perfect examples. Humans are not free from sin.
That's a complete load of bull. Republicans grounded in morality? Really? How many more scandals have to come out before you guys become "grounded in REALITY?"

Larry Flynt already pulled the cover off of that facade, and the Righties haven't been the same ever since. I can still hear them howling back in the day, "Mr. President, tell Larry Flynt to stop it!" WaaaaaaH...

Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Without reading the link, relying only on the headline, I would ask the people of LA to remove this guy from office because apparently he is mentally ill.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
This reminds me of the Campaign movie I just saw. And I bet no republican will be asking for Vitters to step down, oh the hypocrisy.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
We've got the computer models for weather, economics, and elections. What we need is a computer model to predict the reaction to sex scandals. Why does a David Vitter Barney Frank, Bill Clinton, or Antonio Villaragosa seem to slide by while a Chris Lee, Larry Craig (who was never really proven to have done anything), Anthony Weiner, or a John Edwards end up having to walk the plank??

I think the answer would not have much to do with the nature of the offense. A lot of it is just sheer partisanship. Some is political clout. That's what enables a Bill Clinton to skate. He's got so much clout and political capital that he can have a credible accusation of rape against him, and still maintain his standing. Some things just seem to have too much 'ewww-factor,' for example I think that's what brought down Weiner. I actually figured that he would hang in there (pun intended) based on the Clinton precedent, but I was wrong. Too much eww-factor, and probably not enough clout for AW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies