Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why would I vote for a party that tells me that my life sucks, I can't overcome obstacles put in front of me, rich people are to blame for my lot in life, and only the government can take care of me and keep me in a mediocre stupor, just getting by in life? The Democrat Party thinks that we are all helpless losers. The Democrat Party is the loser.
Wow, put that jug of koolaid down, lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 07:58 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post

You make a good point. I can understand why people who do live in despair and don't think they will ever get out of it, want to keep obama in. But, I do not understand how the middle class people who want to work and succeed could ever vote for him again. The Democrats are not being helpful. Look at their actions over the past almost 6 years, starting with Jan 3, 2012 when the Dems took over the House and Senate. Why would any rational person want this? None of them have ever said why. They just Deflect, Distract, Distort.
I don't think they even know anymore. They just have that loop of obama chanting, "Hope and change" over and over again.
You've got this peasant mindset.

If we just do what business owners say, and work really really hard, with low pay, and no benefits.

They'll be good to us.

P.S. Lord we pray that you inspire us to work longer hours.

Amen.
LOL

Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You've got this peasant mindset.

If we just do what business owners say, and work really really hard, with low pay, and no benefits

They'll be good to us.

LOL
All those that are not rich who support that party have a peasant mentality. Honestly, how do you think it lasted so long in human history.

Long live the Nobles.

Check out my long standing status line!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Wow, put that jug of koolaid down, lady.
I think its a bit stronger than that.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
How dare the "democrat" party threaten wealth and privilege? How dare we question the morality of borrowing money from the Federal Reserve at 3% and lending it out a 30%? How dare we want to have choice available to all women and not just to those that can afford to have it done somewhere else?

By the way it is THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY to you and everyone else. We are the Party attempting to bring prosperity to all not just outrageous wealth to a few. DEMOCRATIC as in DEMOCRACY not Republican as in Republic of the chosen few. Because we are the DEMOCRATIC PARTY we dare stand up for the entire people not just a few republican rich. We are not the party that created fear hoplessness and dispair with endless war and regessive taxes.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
All those that are not rich who support that party have a peasant mentality. Honestly, how do you think it lasted so long in human history.

Long live the Nobles.

Check out my long standing status line!
Yep. The "Silver Back" gene.

The can't get past their primate hardwiring.

You can still see this in zoos.

The apes all kiss the Silver back's butt, so they be granted a favor here and there and won't be attacked.

It's a survival skill for those with low IQ's.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:08 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,615 times
The OP is spot on. I'm a retired California peace officer and in my younger years was very much in the lock grip of the California democrat party as were most of us as well as the union. We we pawns in their game and what we felt and did for the sake of our jobs were two different things.

That party is the party of control, despair, hopelessness, truly crazy in their leadership, and an assumption that they controlled minorities for the social welfare programs they created. We continually heard bashing of the republicans and outright lies about their goals for America. All we knew was what we saw and America, usually, performed better under republican governance . As was famously stated by Ronald Reagan, one of my political heroes, I didn't leave the democrat party, they left me.

Is the republican party perfect and without sin? Of course not, but where I live today where republicans are completely in control of state and most local governments, life is a paradise compared California. We are shouted down and made fun of by the lefties who typically post here and other online sites, we watch people dress up as vaginas to go protest, we observe a president, who in these austere times does his partying the the elite of the elite and not doing the job he was elected to do, and we see America in a rapid decline with little hope for the future. The republicans offer a clearly better future and not to be blamed for past inventions of the left who deflect all blame to Bush and congress even though many of the poor policies were created by the left who controlled congress for the last two year's of Bush's presidency. Much of what they point fingers at to blame republicans were policies they themselves created.

Americans aren't stupid and they see the same thing I do. We sent a message in 2010 the backroom dealing to pass this truly Orwellian health bill that NO ONE who voted for it read but those who voted against it had. I side with the ones trying to protect us from an overreaching, to the extreme, government. I now vote straight republican and have since Ronald Reagan. obama is not one of us and he needs to go and now. We are worse off financially and emotionally under his (Jarrett's) leadership. And it was all by design.

You fools the defend this really are just fools. You don't defend these policies you support out of understanding but out of blind loyalty to your king and his court. It's shameful and disgraceful and most of you, as you grow and mature, will come to feel very differently about things and how America can work. You put a D in front of America and then you know what the democrats really are.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:11 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Why would I vote for a party that tells me that my life sucks, I can't overcome obstacles put in front of me, rich people are to blame for my lot in life, and only the government can take care of me and keep me in a mediocre stupor, just getting by in life? The Democrat Party thinks that we are all helpless losers. The Democrat Party is the loser.
Today's Democrat Party really is shameful. All it does is pander to certain favored groups at the expense of disfavored groups. That party hasn't had a new idea since FDR. They are the party of status quo, failure, and government dependence. No American who believes in individual liberty and personal responsibility would seriously consider supporting the Democrat Party.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The OP is spot on. I'm a retired California peace officer and in my younger years was very much in the lock grip of the California democrat party as were most of us as well as the union. We we pawns in their game and what we felt and did for the sake of our jobs were two different things.

That party is the party of control, despair, hopelessness, truly crazy in their leadership, and an assumption that they controlled minorities for the social welfare programs they created. We continually heard bashing of the republicans and outright lies about their goals for America. All we knew was what we saw and America, usually, performed better under republican governance . As was famously stated by Ronald Reagan, one of my political heroes, I didn't leave the democrat party, they left me.

Is the republican party perfect and without sin? Of course not, but where I live today where republicans are completely in control of state and most local governments, life is a paradise compared California. We are shouted down and made fun of by the lefties who typically post and other online sites, we watch people dress up as vaginas to go protest, we observe a president, who in these austere times does his partying the the elite of the elite and not doing the job he was elected to do, and we see America in a rapid decline with little hope for the future. The republicans offer a clearly better future and not to be blamed for past inventions of the left who deflect all blame to Bush and congress even though many of the poor policies were created by the left who controlled congress for the last two year's of Bush's presidency. Much of what they point fingers at to blame republicans were policies they themselves created.

Americans aren't stupid and they see the same thing I do. We sent a message in 2010 the backroom dealing to pass this truly Orwellian health bill that NO ONE who voted for it read but those who voted against it had. I side with the ones trying to protect us from an overreaching, to the extreme, government. I now vote straight republican and have since Ronald Reagan. obama is not one of us and he needs to go and now. We are worse off financially and emotionally under his (Jarrett's) leadership. And it was all be design.

You fools the defend this really are just fools. You don't defend these policies you support out of understanding but out of blind loyalty to your king and his court. It's shameful and disgraceful and most of you, as you grow and mature, will come to feel very differently about things and how America can work. You put a D in front of America and then you know what the democrats really are.
Notice how this is just rambling, fact free, emotional, rhetoric?

They don't grasp issues, and details, they don't cite objective sources.

They can't even vote in their own family's best interest ...sad.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Versus a party TELLING minorities that they shouldn't vote for a party because their life sucks, we can't overcome obstacles put in front of us, rich people are our only hope for our lot in life and only the other party can take care of us and make it easier to get by in life. The Republican Party think that we are all helpless losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies