Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:08 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Do you bother reading posts before commenting?

Maybe you have a problem with comprehension?
Ah, mrclose, I was responding to the post below which you have now interjected yourself in.....and for what reason may I ask. And yes I do read and have a high compression level, thank you. I'm not sure why you are trying to insult me though. Maybe you could enlighten me on that.

Originally Posted by sol11
I'd wager one can't buy beer or cigarettes with a college either.

What say you now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But college kids have ID yet that's not acceptable
ID's from colleges and Universities are acceptable in PA, the issue there is the ID's need an expiration and some don't in which case they would have to go and get a PA ID.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Ah, mrclose, I was responding to the post below which you have now interjected yourself in.....and for what reason may I ask. And yes I do read and have a high compression level, thank you. I'm not sure why you are trying to insult me though. Maybe you could enlighten me on that.

Originally Posted by sol11
I'd wager one can't buy beer or cigarettes with a college either.

What say you now?
Not insulting you and as you have now confirmed my point .. we can move on.

The post that I was responding to of your's was this:
Quote:
I'm sure a lot don't especially when you live in a city that a car isn't required to get around. So why bother getting one. My kids didn't have one....so what. What's wrong with a college ID. You want people to show ID when they vote yet you have to approve what ID that is because maybe the ID they have is just not good enough for you
I answered you!

You either didn't read the post .. didn't comprehend the post or .. just ignored it!

BTW: I bold-ed comprehend for a reason.
(You may want to 'proof read' your post?)

Last edited by MrClose; 08-30-2012 at 10:52 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Not insulting you and as you have now confirmed my point .. we can move on.

The post that I was responding to of your's was this:

I answered you!

You either didn't read the post .. didn't comprehend the post or .. just ignored it!

BTW: I bold-ed comprehend for a reason.
(You may want to 'proof read' your post?)
LOL I never responded to any of your posts. My post was for sol 11 and you responded to me. Get over yourself please.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
LOL I never responded to any of your posts. My post was for sol 11 and you responded to me. Get over yourself please.
Yep .. You Do have compression problems!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Yep .. You Do have compression problems!
Ok, show me please where I responded to you without you addressing me first. Ok ,,,,,waiting And I think the compression problem is all yours

Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Ok, show me please where I responded to you without you addressing me first. Ok ,,,,,waiting And I think the compression problem is all yours
In case you haven't caught on yet .. This isn't your private chat room.

People ask questions, others may or may not answer them.

I very logically answered a question that you had asked.

Your move!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
In case you haven't caught on yet .. This isn't your private chat room.

People ask questions, others may or may not answer them.

I very logically answered a question that you had asked.

Your move!
Hey, you questioned and attacked me without cause. I'm just asking why. You can't even answer me. Private chat room hahaha what are you talking about

Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Hey, you questioned and attacked me without cause. I'm just asking why. You can't even answer me. Private chat room hahaha what are you talking about
No one attacked you.

My first post to you (of which there are too many now) was asking why you were asking The Same question again .. when I had already answered you!

If you take that as an attack .. that is your problem.

Here is an attack .. "You 'Clearly' have a Reading and Comprehension problem"!

The chat room comment was an explanation or example .. if you will.

Folks answer questions .. in open forums like these that Others ask.

Now if you had your own private chat room .. you could 'regulate' who could or could not answer your questions!

(understand it all now?)

I am tired and done explaining each of my posts to you.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Texas' voter ID law struck down in federal court - CBS News

This is the third court ruling in the past three days out of the federal courts striking down Republican voter laws. A federal panel on Wednesday blocked a Florida registration measure from continuing in effect. South Carolina's strict photo ID law is on trial in front of another three-judge panel in the same federal courthouse. A court ruling in the South Carolina case is expected in time for the November election.

An appeal is likely in the Texas case, but there is no guarantee that the U.S. Supreme Court is going to want to get involved in this case, or any of these voting rights case, before the election. On the other hand, the justices in 2008 said that states could impose some voter identification restrictions.
Is this really surprising? Texas would vote Republican without this, but it is not too far away from being blue come November. I think that the Republicans who are in control are scared and are doing their best so in case of Hispanics coming out in large numbers and voting Democratic they are securing their state to be red. There is also the fact that those who are responsible for implementing these programs are doing so with racial undertones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies