Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
This thread is an utter joke. The sentiment expressed in the OP and echoed in many posts on this thread and this forum are the reason that America is in decline. This thread shows no respect for the rights of the individual nor does it acknowledge the idea of private property. If one can't keep the fruits of their labor, but rather those fruits are confiscated by force (or the implicit threat of force) and made to be "all of ours" that is a scary line of reasoning. The root of all tyranny is found in the erosion of property rights.
Catch a clue. After you pay your taxes they/the money is no longer your private property. Norquist keeps implying that our President is taking someone else's private property and giving it to someone else. Not true. Twisting and lying is what he is doing.
I don't have any kids and i have always paid school taxes. I understand that after i pay my taxes then some of that money will go to pay for schools(simplified explanation, no need for three pages otherwise). I don't feel that my money has been taken away and given to someone else. I accept it because i have a sense of COMMUNITY SPIRIT and i am a good citizen and it is the law for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Catch a clue. After you pay your taxes they/the money is no longer your private property. Norquist keeps implying that our President is taking someone else's private property and giving it to someone else. Not true.
Absolutely true. Read the chart:

Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
In regards to taxes. The subject line is a statement made by Grover Norquist. Grover was attempting to vilify President Obama by saying he was taking something (taxes) that was not his and giving it to someone else.

NOT TRUE at all. We all for the most part pay taxes. I pay and you pay and others pay. Once taxes are paid in;then they belong to all of us.

A lame attempt to separate us as Americans. What a low life he is.imo.
Tax money does not belong to Obama, Yet, Obama plans to tax the hell out of people who live in the suburbs and funneling that money to the inner cities. That's taking something from someone and giving it to someone else.

There was a homeless man who asked a guy if he had any change to spare. The guy says "sure". Then he puts his hand into the pocket of the guy standing next to him. Pretty much what Obama plans on doing.

So far Obama and family has spent $10 million of taxpayers money on personal needs (vacations, golfing, shopping, entertaining friends). He and his family have been on one long vacation at the taxpayers expense.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Catch a clue. After you pay your taxes they/the money is no longer your private property. Norquist keeps implying that our President is taking someone else's private property and giving it to someone else. Not true. Twisting and lying is what he is doing.
I don't have any kids and i have always paid school taxes. I understand that after i pay my taxes then some of that money will go to pay for schools(simplified explanation, no need for three pages otherwise). I don't feel that my money has been taken away and given to someone else. I accept it because i have a sense of COMMUNITY SPIRIT and i am a good citizen and it is the law for all of us.
So after someone comes and takes my property from me I have no right to complain just accept it's "no longer mine?" That's bullcrap. You are the one who needs to catch a clue. I didn't volunteer to sign up for this, it is forced on me. What kind of system assumes consent and forcibly takes from my pocket to give my money to someone else?

Don't give me the "community spirit" and "good citizen" crap that's statist propaganda to paint those who ask nothing more than to be left alone as "bad guys." My biggest complaint with the system is it's forced and not voluntary. If you want to fund schools because you have "community spirit" then that's a great, you and those of like mind should volunteer to pay for them. The system as it is now is theft. I don't get great comfort knowing the gun at my head asking for my money is held by Uncle Sam.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:34 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Federal judge orders Massachusetts to pay for killer's sex change - Yahoo! News

This article right here should be enough evidence that forcible taxation is immoral. Look where our tax dollars are going now. Why should anyone see their money taxed and then used on something like this? Funding of the government should be voluntary for reasons exactly like this.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So after someone comes and takes my property from me I have no right to complain just accept it's "no longer mine?" That's bullcrap. You are the one who needs to catch a clue. I didn't volunteer to sign up for this, it is forced on me. What kind of system assumes consent and forcibly takes from my pocket to give my money to someone else?

Don't give me the "community spirit" and "good citizen" crap that's statist propaganda to paint those who ask nothing more than to be left alone as "bad guys." My biggest complaint with the system is it's forced and not voluntary. If you want to fund schools because you have "community spirit" then that's a great, you and those of like mind should volunteer to pay for them. The system as it is now is theft. I don't get great comfort knowing the gun at my head asking for my money is held by Uncle Sam.
No one iscoming to take your property. Get yer head on chump! You are going to pay taxes whether you agree or not. The IRS does the taxes and not the President . This will be the same no matter who is president so grow up. Nothing is forced on you or anyone else. You just want to tear down our great country with your selfish attitude.

Last edited by Versatile; 09-05-2012 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 01:38 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore
what term would you use to describe that money left over after basic human needs (food, shelter, clothing, transportation, etc.) are met?
"Private property".
Hmmm, the resident liberal fanatics aren't TOUCHING that one!

"Private Property" is the basic concept that spoils their philosophy... in fact, that invalidates the liberals' entire reason for existence!

Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
No one is coming to take your property.
Yes, indeed, they are. Acquired income is personal property. Some of that is TAKEN in the form of taxes. If a homeowner doesn't pay real estate taxes, the home itself is TAKEN by the local taxing authority and sold to pay the tax bill.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM

775 posts, read 741,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
This would be true if everyone paid a proportional share in taxes. A great deal of people pay disproportionally more than others.
That's completely fair. If you have a billion dollars in your bank, you can afford to pay proportionally more than someone living paycheck to paycheck. It's the law of diminishing returns.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
That's completely fair. If you have a billion dollars in your bank, you can afford to pay proportionally more than someone living paycheck to paycheck. It's the law of diminishing returns.
Fair is paying for the government services you use. How much you actually make has nothing to do with what is fair to pay in taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies