Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 11:28 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, because I'm not clueness enough to be unable to comprehend that they talk about seceding because people like you have abandoned the values and practices that made America great. They want to secede in order to hang on traditional American values, not escape from them. Next dumb question?
People like me? That's a broad generalization for someone you know nothing about. You think hard work and family values are resigned only to republicans? Think again. Your guys just parade family values while cheating on their wives and/or being closeted homosexuals. Come to think of it, the southern red states are the states with the highest rate of divorce and unwed teen pregnancy. Your focus on family values is a farce.

Loyalty and patriotism mean working together to make things work, not cutting and running because things aren't going your way.

Try again.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:31 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
I think it's not only Odummy but the left in general in the USA that hate American conservatives, Christians, and Tea Partiers more than they hate ISIS or Al Queda.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:33 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hey - Islamists have fared way better than Americans since he has been in office.
By what measure? Be specific as possible or admit your deceit.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think it's not only Odummy but the left in general in the USA that hate American conservatives, Christians, and Tea Partiers more than they hate ISIS or Al Queda.
And on the other hand, it seems conservatives want to see America fail so they can blame Obama. Partisanship makes people stupid. Aren't generalizations fun and easy?

Old 10-31-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
That idea is inescapable when you examine his actions.

Obama really does NOT want Americans prosperous and leading the world.
I thought most Americans were tired of spending the money and resources "leading the world".

However, you must have some sort of learning disorder if you don't think the president doesn't want a more prosperous country.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:52 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Wow, old OP. I don't care what some radio personality says, listening to the media will rot your brain. Anywho, I've now witnessed enough to form my own opinion. Yes Martha, Obama does indeed hate Americans.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:54 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What I hate are people who hurl the word "liberal" as if it's a insult.......That and the oh so clever mangling of the presidents name. Obummer, Odummy, Oblahblah, Obozo, the list of names that the right has dreamed up for the man boggles the mind. When somebody uses any of those terms in a conversation, I figure that they're better suited to discussing which fart jokes are the funniest

Years ago when Bush was president, my FIL was fond of saying, You can hate the man but you should respect the office. A sentiment which his now Fox brainwashed mind finds repellent.

As for Rush, I think America would be better off if he stepped in front of a speeding semi.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
What I hate are people who hurl the word "liberal" as if it's a insult.......That and the oh so clever mangling of the presidents name. Obummer, Odummy, Oblahblah, Obozo, the list of names that the right has dreamed up for the man boggles the mind. When somebody uses any of those terms in a conversation, I figure that they're better suited to discussing which fart jokes are the funniest

Years ago when Bush was president, my FIL was fond of saying, You can hate the man but you should respect the office. A sentiment which his now Fox brainwashed mind finds repellent.

As for Rush, I think America would be better off if he stepped in front of a speeding semi.
Aside from the disrespecting the president's, the stupid right ( there are still some functional, intelligent republicans), makes these absolute statements. For example, saying liberals want Americato fail or be less prosperous. It's just stupid and makes me think less of conservatives, which is a shame because they got some really smart people.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:29 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Aside from the disrespecting the president's, the stupid right ( there are still some functional, intelligent republicans), makes these absolute statements. For example, saying liberals want Americato fail or be less prosperous. It's just stupid and makes me think less of conservatives, which is a shame because they got some really smart people.
I don't know how conservatives can claim to be the patriotic bunch when they're the ones constantly whining about what a hellhole the U.S. is. Every day nothing but sniveling about how this country has collapsed. *looks around* I have no idea what they're talking about. As far as I can see, I've still got all the freedoms that I had or wanted. Barring same sex marriage of course & legalization of marijuana. All the conservatives need to claim their patriotism is their gun & their flag. That's their claim to patriotism. Simple things for simple people.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't know how conservatives can claim to be the patriotic bunch when they're the ones constantly whining about what a hellhole the U.S. is. Every day nothing but sniveling about how this country has collapsed. *looks around* I have no idea what they're talking about. As far as I can see, I've still got all the freedoms that I had or wanted. Barring same sex marriage of course & legalization of marijuana. All the conservatives need to claim their patriotism is their gun & their flag. That's their claim to patriotism. Simple things for simple people.
Doomsday and negativity sells better than reality. America certainly has issues no doubt... But the constant negativity gets old real fast. To be fair, liberals were guilty of the same thing when their guy isn't in charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies