Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:04 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Odd, why would the German embassy get attacked? They didn't participate in the war against Saddam and they don't have much of a military presence in the Middle East.

According to the moron in the White House and other leftist fools (including Ron Paul), the reason Islamofascists do things like this is because of American "meddling" in the Middle East. If that's true, why in heaven's name would the German embassy get targeted?
Easy. Because the Germans are infidels. That's enough for those people to go completely nuts. Plus the Germans are part of the 'Occupiers' in Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 09:06 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Odd, why would the German embassy get attacked? They didn't participate in the war against Saddam and they don't have much of a military presence in the Middle East.
from the article:
Quote:
Sudan's Foreign Ministry had criticised Germany for allowing a protest last month by right-wing activists carrying caricatures of the Prophet and for Chancellor Angela Merkel giving an award in 2010 to a Danish cartoonist who depicted the Prophet in 2005 triggering protests across the Islamic world.
i guess the movie served as a convenient reminder that they were supposed to be outraged about something

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:

According to the moron in the White House and other leftist fools (including Ron Paul), the reason Islamofascists do things like this is because of American "meddling" in the Middle East. If that's true, why in heaven's name would the German embassy get targeted?
It was posted yesterday. Merkel gave that Danish cartoon guy an award in 2010. The Sudan government told their people to protest the US And Germany.
That's why they are mad at Germany now.

Their governments and Imams are inciting them to protest and riot.

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Sounds to me like these are 3rd World, ignorant peasants, so sick of the West meddling in the affairs of their on country, including propping up their dictators, that they are lashing out at any Western governments.

You do know we attacked Iraq for 9/11 right?

So don't get a big head, that we're so much more advanced than they are....LOL
So you don't think the Islamofascist nutbags who are rioting can discern the difference between the US and Germany? How very paternalistic of you.

This thread is about an attack on the German embassy, so I'm not sure why you are blabbing on about how "we attacked Iraq for 9/11." Germany did not. Since you don't seem to recognize that fact, I'm forced to conclude that you're as bright as the "ignorant peasants" rioting in the Middle East.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
So you don't think the Islamofascist nutbags who are rioting can discern the difference between the US and Germany? How very paternalistic of you.

This thread is about an attack on the German embassy, so I'm not sure why you are blabbing on about how "we attacked Iraq for 9/11." Germany did not. Since you don't seem to recognize that fact, I'm forced to conclude that you're as bright as the "ignorant peasants" rioting in the Middle East.
These rioters is basically the 3rd World Arab version of the right wing US tea party types.

I'm sure most in their country do know the difference.

You couldn't tell the difference between Saudi Arabia and Iraq, they can't tell the difference between the USA and Germany.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
These rioters is basically the 3rd World Arab version of the right wing US tea party types.

I'm sure most in their country do know the difference.

You couldn't tell the difference between Saudi Arabia and Iraq, they can't tell the difference between the USA and Germany.
They were told to protest Germany. I posted what the Sudan government told them yesterday. In fact, you questioned my post about it.
And to compare them to the Tea Party is quite the extreme.

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:

Actually, I don't think they can. You are simply seeing this from a very Western perspective where, naturally, you know the difference.

I have met plenty of people in Central America who had no idea that there had been a second world war or that any such war ever involved Germany.

Similarly, I have met quite a few Westerners who have no idea that there is a difference between Paraguay and Ecuador nor where these nations are located. Just like our knowledge of the middle East of of Asia tends to be rather limited...

Or can you readily identify differences between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan? I can't.

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Seems like Obama's appeasement policies have really worked in the ME. Now the entire western world is in danger. Good Job!!!!
Appeasement? Seriously, he is only slightly better than Bush in terms of interventionalist policies. I guess your answer would be to use more neocon policies. Bomb, invade, put in democratic reforms so that they can elect an even more radical govt. than the previous one at the same time losing american lives and more tax dollars. Been there done that and got the t-shirt. Lets try something different instead of jingoism. Lets get the heck out and let them sort ourt their own mess.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
We kill innocent Muslims if not daily, weekly. Invading, bombing, occupying their countries. And you have the nerve to tell them how vicious they are?

Pathetic.
What is pathetic is the fact that the biggest killer of muslims are other muslims - not the USA, Israel, or anything from the Western world. Are we innocent? Hell no. But for all the wrong headed things we do - we aren't irrational and mindless. We are not at war with everything around us and do not kill the Chinese for perceived insults to us committed by Iranians or bomb a Slovenian embassy for a jab given by an Australian. They don't care because its them against everyone else and everyone else is fair game.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They were told to protest Germany. I posted what the Sudan government told them yesterday. In fact, you questioned my post about it.
And to compare them to the Tea Party is quite the extreme.
They share many of the same traits.

Tea party types smear all of Islam, they smear all of Christianity.

They are social conservatives, so is the right wing base in this country.

They promote militancy, tea partiers wrap themselves in the Flag and cheer our wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies