Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah US intel said it was planned last week, only to make a 180 and say something different after the WH told them what to say.
Last week they said they didn't know, and now they they do know.

But it's OK, you just keep listening to the enemy, they are much more reliable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
OB - If a drone attack makes people angry would you suggest carpet bombing any town, village or city harboring an Al Qaida "leader". As you seem to know so much about these matters what would YOU suggest?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
Anybody who bought that damn movie excuse, is plain naive! it may have stirred things up more, but that movie, you know was not the main reason.

I hate liars in any form, when they know darn well, the real reason, hate them.

These people do not need a reason, to hate us, to kill us, to want to destroy us! It is in their blood period.

Their barbaric actions have not changed, they are a people not willing of change.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,472,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

They knew, they were told about it days before hand. The Libyan President even said this is true and that warnings were sent to the US.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,965,920 times
Look at the Bots' going in circles trying to deny the obvious facts pointed out THE DAY AFTER the attack. Face it, Obama and the State Dept dropped the ball and allowed a terrorist attack to happen on 9/11 which easily could have been prevented. Now we're seeing a heavy dose of backpedaling as the Administration falls over itself coming up with excuses. Brilliant.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

No, the USG did voice an opinion that this could have been a planned attack. I did read it last week.
But just that one time. And that was right before Carney said it was the movie.

U.S. thinks attack on consulate in Libya may have been planned - The Denver Post
Obama administration officials and regional officials scrambled to sort out conflicting reports about the nature of the attack and the motivation of the attackers Wednesday. A senior Obama administration official told reporters during a conference call that "it was clearly a complex attack," but offered no details.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,417,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Read the entire link from top to bottom. I never found a quote by Obama saying that he believed Muslim outrage would stop the day he was sworn in.

I also do NOT see the New Beginnings speech or other efforts by Obama to establish common ground between the U.S. and Muslim world as an "apology tour." That's just the far right-wing, pro-violence, pro-war BS.

If you can provide me with a quote from Obama saying he expected Muslim outrage to subside or stop the day he was sworn in, I'd really like to see it.

I do really like this quote from Obama. (from your link) Do you disagree with what he said here?

"About democracy, Obama stated that, though "America does not presume to know what is best for everyone", "I do have an unyielding belief that all people yearn for certain things: the ability to speak your mind and have a say in how you are governed; confidence in the rule of law and the equal administration of justice; government that is transparent and doesn't steal from the people; the freedom to live as you choose." He called such freedoms "human rights".

Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Read the entire link from top to bottom. I never found a quote by Obama saying that he believed Muslim outrage would stop the day he was sworn in.

I also do NOT see the New Beginnings speech or other efforts by Obama to establish common ground between the U.S. and Muslim world as an "apology tour." That's just the far right-wing, pro-violence, pro-war BS.

If you can provide me with a quote from Obama saying he expected Muslim outrage to subside or stop the day he was sworn in, I'd really like to see it.
Actually I didn't say he said that. I provided you with the the link so you could read for yourself.
Now you can go debunk the poster that said that because they can't provide any proof that he did.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,599,751 times
The idea that it wasn't planned is ridiculous. Are we supposed to believe people just happened to be hanging out at a rally with an RPG?

Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 AM

15,543 posts, read 10,533,079 times
June 11, 2012
U.S. citizens are advised that there was an armed attack on a UK diplomatic convoy in Benghazi on June 11. Two individuals sustained injuries. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. This incident is a reminder of the fluid security situation in Libya and is the latest in a series of attacks in Benghazi against diplomatic and international installations, including the IED attack against the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi on June 6. U.S. citizens in Libya are urged to exercise caution.

http://libya.usembassy.gov/em_061112.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies