Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 03:29 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Israel did not burn down US embassy
Did not burn the US flag
Americans are always welcome there
Did not take entire embassy and diplomatic team hostage
US fleet and troops are welcome and soldiers are invited in people's homes

In contrast, over the years US burned billions on places like Pakistan and Egypt who are breeding grounds for the worst anti American sentiment and terrorist activism.

In the future US will always have a reliable partner in that part of the world, which cannot be said of any other country. O

You miss the point, anti-american feelings majority of the times comes from the policies that America has made with Isreal against the Palestines or any other group that is against them. If we were fair to the Palestines many of the things in the middle east would not occur.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:30 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Retrofit?

If by "retrofit" you mean dump teachers unions that prevent the firing of ineffective educators, I'll support that, but you don't have to cut off an important ally to do it.

In fact, there are hundreds of billions being spent by Democrats to buy votes from unions and corporate buddies.

If you are truly concerned about cutting spending, that would be a far more effective approach to restoring fiscal responsibility, but spending isn't really the issue.

The real issue is liberals hate Israel.
A) Even the most lazy review of my posts here would inform you about how "liberal" I am not.

B) Questioning the validity of Israel's "friendship" = "Hating Israel"...got it.

C) What does improving the physical state of our decades old school buildings have to do with "unions and corporate buddies"?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They haven't been a threat to our liberty either.

Here is what so many of you miss: As Americans, we have been blessed with our freedom. Our liberty, is precious. I think we have a duty in this world to defend others who also love liberty, and want to live free and not be continually threatened by their neighbors. That is who we are as a nation, and as responsible members of the world community, that is the right thing to do.

If we turned a blind eye to nations being threatened with extinction, we wouldn't be worthy of respect.
So why does'nt this sentiment apply to African countries such as Rawanda and the Sudan?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 AM

441 posts, read 501,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So why does'nt this sentiment apply to African countries such as Rawanda and the Sudan?
Well, because Rwanda and Sudan don't actually have an AIPAC equivalent funnelling money into the campaigns of both Democratic and Republican politicians.

If they did, both Rwanda and Sudan would have nuclear weapons and universal healthcare.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
Well, because Rwanda and Sudan don't actually have an AIPAC equivalent funnelling money into the campaigns of both Democratic and Republican politicians.

If they did, both Rwanda and Sudan would have nuclear weapons and universal healthcare.
Oh, so in order to get bi-partisan support you really have to fund both parties at the sametime

Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm honestly a bit surprised he wasn't caught flirting with another man...
What the heck does this mean?
Are you in the right thread?
I know you like to spread your hatred of Obama, but some relationship with the topic is usually in order.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What the heck does this mean?
Are you in the right thread?
I know you like to spread your hatred of Obama, but some relationship with the topic is usually in order.
Ooops. Wrong thread. I don't hate Obama, I just don't want him for president.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Default One Liner Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Thank you.
Out on a limb here, I'll name one, tourism, as I've heard Israel is a great country to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there?

Old 09-17-2012, 04:07 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Ooops. Wrong thread. I don't hate Obama, I just don't want him for president.
Oooooops. wrong thread. I don't hate Willard, I just don't want him as MY president. sorry about that.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I would say no. That 3 billion also doesn't begin to cover the other issues that go along with our very biased approach to Israel. How much have we spent paying off the Palestinians after Israel devestated Gaza? The aid we give Egypt to make them play nice, Jordan? How much political clout have we wated on Israel's behalf? Then there is the cost of Israel's spying and selling of our secrets.
Israel evacuated Gaza. After that the government in control of Gaza should have started to use the foreign aid it has received to build up Gaza's infrastructure. But instead they have concentrated on launching missiles/rockets at Israel's civilian population and did not use any money to help their own economy or improve the lives of their poorer residents. I doubt the American Government would give up an area that it controlled and then allow rockets/missiles to be launched from that area on their civilian population constantly without taking some kind of action to prevent it.

Again Israel is the USA's most reliable ally in the region and the most stable/democratic region in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies