Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,259,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
It's in poor taste but I don't see any racism.
Wake up. The joke is that Mrs Obama is a monkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
... or lack of same. It seems that he made a remark that included two well known women and magazines that want to run articles with pictures of them. Well he got the racist crap from some and just some crap about not having freedom of speech at the rodeo. I guess you can see that I laughed heartily when I read this link.

‘Rodeo Clown’ Makes Racist Michelle Obama Joke During Creston Classic in California | TheBlaze.com
My company also reserves the right to hire and fire people, and racist jokes are a highway to the unemployment stats. You can cry about freedom of speech all the way to the soup kitchen.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:51 PM

6,266 posts, read 5,081,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
National Geographic? Geez what else could it have been?

“Playboy is offering Ann Romney $250,000 to pose in the magazine, and the White House is upset because National Geographic only offered Michelle Obama $50 to pose for them.”
I'm no Obama supporter (either the president or Mrs) but I would interpret that to be a racist joke. Very poor taste, not funny, it would never be an appropriate thing to say. Aside from the racist component, rodeos are also frequented by people of all ages including children. Talking about the wives of either politician in the context of Playboy is also inappropriate.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
That wasn't the joke.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:59 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,693,376 times
Quote:
... or lack of same. It seems that he made a remark that included two well known women and magazines that want to run articles with pictures of them. Well he got the racist crap from some and just some crap about not having freedom of speech at the rodeo. I guess you can see that I laughed heartily when I read this link.

‘Rodeo Clown’ Makes Racist Michelle Obama Joke During Creston Classic in California | TheBlaze.com
That was a bad joke, but then I never liked racial jokes anyway.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Pretty Much

Bill Maher comes to mind, and he always seems to get a pass especially when it comes
to women & raciest commentary

And yet some suffer from the Biden syndrome;

In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.

Joe Biden

Pretty tasteless remark made by the clown in my opinion, But Biden clearly states he's not joking !

Even a Liberal Constitutional Expert knows you can't have it both ways no matter how much
you deflect
I saw those people being like the leaners here. The man only said that Playboy wanted to pay Mrs. Romney a bit more than National Geographic wanted to pay Michelle. I really see nothing racist about that little story other than for racists who see everything about her as racist. What did he say other than the money that anyone could take as racist?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,259,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That wasn't the joke.
OK Professor. What was the joke?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I don't see what this has to do with freedom of speech, what government took action against the racist clown?

It seems to me that the lesson the clown learned is that the occupational prospects for a racist these days are few and far between. It is not the 1950s when bigots could just wear their hatred on the sleeves and not have to worry about what people were going to think and do about it.
Maybe you could tell me what was racist about that story. I just can't see racism in it. If you can't talk about people of two different races without the cry of racism coming out I think the clown has lost his freedom of speech. I see racism only the same way as most leaners see it from we conservatives when we don't brag about Obama.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM

52,705 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
That might work...if every picture ever published in Nat geo was of a monkey.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:06 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,182,816 times
Quote:
Rodeo clown cracks a joke and learns about freedom of speech... or lack of same.
Apparently this rodeo clown (as well as others) needs to learn that the freedom of speech does not mean that there are no consequences to speech. Just because he has the freedom to make a bad racist joke doesn't mean he's free from the consequences of saying it (while on the job, no less).

He wasn't jailed, fined, beaten, or killed. He still has his freedom of speech. It just merely means that this rodeo may not use his services as an independent contractor anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies