Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:18 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,705,066 times

Advertisements

I'm just exacerbated at this point. I have a question for the supporters of Barack Obama, is there ever going to be a time when you will step back from something he say. Will you ever call him on things he says, when it completely contradicts his earlier statements? Or will you just switch your talking points to his reversals, flip-flops and/or purposeful deceptions, and keep following blindly?

Case in point, the other day, president Obama went on the David Letterman show, which Wolf Blitzer said Obama performed wonderfully, and looked very presidential.

When Letterman asked the president about the US debt clock, and asked him if the people should be worried about the numbers flying by, the president said no. I’m paraphrasing him, but Obama said that short term US debt is not something we should worry about. Obama On Debt: "We Don't Have To Worry About It Short Term" | RealClearPolitics

So monetizing our debt doesn’t matter because it’s just money we owe ourselves? But he said mid term and long term debt were a different matter. Letterman said he did not know what our debt was; which I thought said volumes about Letterman. Here we are with over $16 trillion in debt and this ignorant putz, who daily, tries to dictate political discussions to us, thought it was around $10 trillion.

Letterman went on to ask the president what our debt was, and Obama said he did not know “precisely” what it was. Well, either our president was being purposely obtuse and deceitful, or he is also a complete ignoramus.

In 2008, then senator Obama, chastised president Bush for running around with a credit card with our children’s name on it, and adding $4 trillion in US debt over eight years. Obama even went on to characterize Bush’s actions as “irresponsible” and “unpatriotic.” Obama has run up over $5 trillion in under four years, so how should we characterize that?

So what exactly is short term debt, and when does it matter? In 2008 the short term mattered, it mattered a lot, it matter so much that Bush was "unpatriotic" and "irresponsible." But in 2012 it suddenly does not matter, even though we have added almost $6 trillion more? Does it only “not matter” when he is president? Will the debt from 2008 still not matter in 2016, when Obama runs it up to $21 trillion?

Can, or does Obama fool you, by characterizing the debt as a non-factor, because we are always living in the now, and our debt can always be characterized as short term because it's now, and therefore, nothing to worry about?

If we were supposed to chastise Cheney for saying deficits don’t matter, back when our national debt was around $8 trillion, do we not chastise Obama for saying it doesn’t matter when we double that to $16 trillion or increase it to $21 trillion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,474,448 times
So long as the Republican party stays as far to the right as it is now, what Obama does is largely irrelevant. The polarization, mostly due to the Republicans, has made it impossible for a majority of the voting population to jump ship.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,060,240 times
Bush's fault.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,485,036 times
He said there is nothing to worry about right now but there will be in the future and he said it with a smile on his face!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,800,127 times
With all of this talk about debt and deficits, it makes me a little hopeful that Republicans will drop their ideology and compromise on taxes and spending to reduce the deficit. I don't think I will hold my breath, though.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM

53,060 posts, read 34,871,357 times
That was then, this is now .
A-flippin and a-floppin we go.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,054,014 times
Romney better remind Barack of that quote during a debate. Nothing like showing him for the ass he is on national prime time tv.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:50 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,800,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Bush's fault.
Well, he did double the national debt. So he played a part.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,054,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Well, he did double the national debt. So he played a part.
He did, no doubt. That should not excuse Barack here though. He's made a lot of these type of statements where he's done the same thing or worse than what he use to complain about.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,805,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'm just exacerbated at this point. I have a question for the supporters of Barack Obama, is there ever going to be a time when you will step back from something he say. Will you ever call him on things he says, when it completely contradicts his earlier statements? Or will you just switch your talking points to his reversals, flip-flops and/or purposeful deceptions, and keep following blindly?
Obama supporters would excuse him if he f***ed his grandma. They are blind and follow along like nice little lemmings. So you should give up on ever finding something that would alienate his worshipers no matter how vile or despicable it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies