Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Liberals ended slavery in this country.
Liberals fought for civil rights and now Coulter re-writes history.
Not true. Read the history of the civil rights legislation. The dems/libs/progressives are "The modern day slavemasters"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
The parties changed in the '60s
But the Democrats' racist tendencies clearly did not. They are still the party insisting that minorities can't make it without government assistance, and implementing programs that hold them back.

Even today.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
So it was not liberal Democrats who supported and practiced black slavery before and during the Civil War, while Republicans fought against it?

And it was not liberal Democrats who enacted and enforced Jim Crow laws against blacks afterward?

And it was not liberal Democrats who stood in school doorways to bar entrance to black children, while Republicans sent the National Guard to forcibly remove them and let the black children enter the schools?

And it is not liberal Democrats who, even today, insist that black people cannot make it in life without significant assistance from government, while making no such claims about white people?

Coulter called it correctly. Liberal Democrats have a 200-year history of racism, and have not broken that habit even today. They are not capable of acknowledging how disgusting and repulsive their racist ideology is, and will fight like cornered skunks against any attempt to point out the truth to them.
No, it was not LIBERAL Democrats. You really, really need to study the history of the political parties.....of course this assumes you're being honest above and don't already know the difference and are trying to confuse "low information" possible voters.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Teaching remedial history is exhausting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
So it was not liberal Democrats who supported and practiced black slavery before and during the Civil War

Democratic Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Start at the part about Thomas Jefferson, take time to review where the first members of the Republican Party came from, and then jump to the election of 1948 and Nixon's southern strategy.

That's about all the stomach I have for this nonsense.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Teaching remedial history is exhausting....

Democratic Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Start at the part about Thomas Jefferson, take time to review where the first members of the Republican Party came from, and then jump to the election of 1948 and Nixon's southern strategy.

That's about all the stomach I have for this nonsense.
Actually, what you are exhausting yourself with is revisionist history.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I love to see these sorts of projection threads out of RWNJs as they're always good for a laugh.

BTW southern Democrats, like southern Republicans, were almost always conservatives not liberals, genius. The big defining difference is the liberals/progressives almost ALWAYS came from the north and the west coast while the south remains stubbornly neanderthal in its conservative racist ideology and so had to be dragged into the modern era kicking and screaming. You also seem to have absolutely no understanding of our Republicans used to be liberals & Dems used to be conservatives before switching sides in the 1960's. The party name doesn't matter as the primary difference has been liberals who were anti-racism and conservatives who were extremely pro-racism.

No please go back to school and take a 6th grade history lesson because you need it. Modern conservatives are "low information voters" indeed.
Would this be coming from a third grader?

I think you better go do some reading yourself.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Actually, what you are exhausting yourself with is revisionist history.
Really?

Such as?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
LOL! Ok, junior. I will leave you to play in the sandbox and eat your own boogers.

Low information voter indeed.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
LOL! Ok, junior. I will leave you to play in the sandbox and eat your own boogers.

Low information voter indeed.
I rest my case. TY for qualifying my hunch.

I know you really prefer pictures over words but try this:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/slavery/timeline/index.html

PBS did wonders for my kids back in the early nineties.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Anyone who thinks racism is confined to the south and conservatives is sorely mistaken. There are racists everywhere. I'll argue that the south is one of the least racist parts of the country, certainly no worse than any other.
Liberals? Well, actions speak louder than rhetoric. Why don't they just trust people to make their own decisions? Especially minorities? It's those minorities that liberals trust the least to be able to take care of themselves... or think for themselves.
The least racist....really. Ok, I would like to have that argument with you since the south is still the most racist in this country. But yes of course there are racists everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies