Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times

Advertisements

Today in the lobby while at work I saw part of Obama's speech at the UN.

I noticed in the upper right hand corner of the screen that it said "MSNBC".
It would toggle back & forth between that and a motto, "Lean Forward".

Lean Forward!?!

No, there is no slant in the media.....no, not at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:11 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Today in the lobby while at work I saw part of Obama's speech at the UN.

I noticed in the upper right hand corner of the screen that it said "MSNBC".
It would toggle back & forth between that and a motto, "Lean Forward".

Lean Forward!?!

No, there is no slant in the media.....no, not at all.
MSNBC has been known for its liberal slant for a while now.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 PM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times
MSNBC is nowhere as close to bad as Faux Snooze is for how much they support R Money republicans will only believe Faux Szoone & Rush to them all the other news organizations are 500% lying

Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
They've been using the marketing phrase 'lean forward' for two years. It has nothing to do with Obama or his 'Forward' logo. Sorry you don't win the cigar.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,828,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
MSNBC is nowhere as close to bad as Faux Snooze is for how much they support R Money republicans will only believe Faux Szoone & Rush to them all the other news organizations are 500% lying
Roger Ailes, was a Repub Media Consultant and is currently the President of Fox News. When working for Presidents Nixon, Reagan, Geo. H.W. Bush and Mayor Guiliani he wanted to start a GOP New station - well he's succeeded!!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
I don't believe the asertion regarding the "Forward" image. Sounds like a 'tin foil hat' moment. I will agree, though, that MSNBC is intentionally moderate to slightly left leaning. It makes for a bit of a counterweight to the racism/extremism witnessed daily on FOX News ... the entertainment channel.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
MSNBC has been known for its liberal slant for a while now.

Well aware of that.
I was commenting on how when seeing thought I saw it as rather blatant.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I don't believe the asertion regarding the "Forward" image. Sounds like a 'tin foil hat' moment. I will agree, though, that MSNBC is intentionally moderate to slightly left leaning. It makes for a bit of a counterweight to the racism/extremism witnessed daily on FOX News ... the entertainment channel.

What!?!
Assertion, tin foil hat moment? Just telling what they had on the screen.

See above post.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They've been using the marketing phrase 'lean forward' for two years. It has nothing to do with Obama or his 'Forward' logo. Sorry you don't win the cigar.
I don't even have a television and I knew that their slogan has been "lean forward" for years.

MSNBC definitely has a point of view, if not a bias. I think the distortion of facts and manufacturing of controversy that Fox does crosses the line into bias. I don't know about MSNBC. I don't even have a tv, so what do I know. I watch Rachel Maddow online once in awhile and yeah, she definitely hates Romney's guts. She can barely disguise her utter contempt of him.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
What!?!
Assertion, tin foil hat moment? Just telling what they had on the screen.

See above post.
Just because someone says they saw something, doesn't mean they did. Believe what you want. I'll read the comments here and form my own opinion. Which I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies