Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Serious challenge indeed. Do you know any 91 year olds? Why won`t anyone answer this question? WHY NOW?
Why is it that they can go to a polling station but not the DMV? Not that it really matters as they can still vote either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is absolutely no reason he can not vote unless he simply decides not to. None.
It`s physically possible but difficult so he`s throwing in the towel. Congratulations to you and your party but you`ll still lose. No one is answering my question regarding these laws. WHY NOW?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Extremely hard to do when you use a walker and have to navigate steps. The law has worked as it was designed to work. My father will not vote this year. Great way to treat an aging vet don`t you think? In a state that has prosecuted zero cases of voter fraud I ask you Dave...WHY NOW?
Lame excuse. Prior to my father-in-law passing away, he too used a walker and had trouble navigating steps. Didn't stop him from keeping his VA appointments here in Lafayette and Alexandria, Louisiana. he even went when he had a urine bag attached to him. My wife and I each took turns taking him to his appointments. Me with my rotating shifts at the hospital and my wife with her spinal problems. What's your excuse?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Lame excuse. Prior to my father-in-law passing away, he too used a walker and had trouble navigating steps. Didn't stop him from keeping his VA appointments here in Lafayette and Alexandria, Louisiana. he even went when he had a urine bag attached to him. My wife and I each took turns taking him to his appointments. Me with my rotating shifts at the hospital and my wife with her spinal problems. What's your excuse?
Again. WHY NOW with these laws?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
It`s physically possible but difficult so he`s throwing in the towel. Congratulations to you and your party but you`ll still lose. No one is answering my question regarding these laws. WHY NOW?
I should address ideas that have been around for a long time when you refuse to acknowledge the fact that there is nothing stopping your dad from voting?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Wow, you're lame. Ever hear of absentee ballots? Some faculty at nursing homes know about them cause some of them will send off for their residents and fill out the ballots as a way for the faculty to vote many times in the same election. Strange how patients with severe case of Alzheimer's or are catatonic can somehow manage to easily fill out an absentee ballot.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, you're lame. Ever hear of absentee ballots? Some faculty at nursing homes know about them cause some of them will send off for their residents and fill out the ballots as a way for the faculty to vote many times in the same election. Strange how patients with severe case of Alzheimer's or are catatonic can somehow manage to easily fill out an absentee ballot.
One more time. What`s changed in the last few years that`s brought on this urgent need for voter ID laws? WHY NOW?

Old 09-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
One more time. What`s changed in the last few years that`s brought on this urgent need for voter ID laws? WHY NOW?
Is it best to address a problem before or after it gets out of hand? There are examples of people being arrested weekly just on here for votor fraud.

What exactly is wrong with purging the dead and those no longer living in state off the voter registration roles? What exactly is wrong with rather than a piece of paper with your name on it as a voters registration card, you get one with your picture on it?

And once again for good measure. There is nothing stopping your dad from voting. Why do you continue to claim there is?

Old 09-30-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I should address ideas that have been around for a long time when you refuse to acknowledge the fact that there is nothing stopping your dad from voting?
Forget about my father for a minute and think about the thousands that can`t get a ride to the DMV. You are correct about these ideas being around for a while. Poll taxes,literacy tests,etc.,and they were always blatant attempts to keep certain groups of people from voting. You know it and I know it. If you didn`t think your party would get an advantage with the new Jim Crow laws you wouldn`t be showing such enthusiasm for them.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Forget about my father for a minute and think about the thousands that can`t get a ride to the DMV.
They can vote absentee. But still it's a weak argument to say that in any given year they can't get a ride to the DMV but yet they can to a polling station.

Quote:
You are correct about these ideas being around for a while. Poll taxes,literacy tests,etc.,and they were always blatant attempts to keep certain groups of people from voting. You know it and I know it. If you didn`t think your party would get an advantage with the new Jim Crow laws you wouldn`t be showing such enthusiasm for them.
Typical. Once your argument gets shot down you resort to calling others a racist. That's really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies