Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,051,052 times

Advertisements

Video: Preview of Univision’s “bombshell” report on Fast & Furious « Hot Air

This sure won't help the Obama admin with Hispanics. Why is it Univision has been doing the job lately that our media fails to do?

No wonder Obama envoled EP to hide information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 PM

Take not Americans. While our media goes after hard core attack stories on Romney, media outside our country have been the ones doing the real journalism work. They aren't so busy trying to save Obamas job like our media is. Its disgraceful and shows more and more that our press are endangering us and lying to us, trying to keep important information from us.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:52 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,236,418 times
Geez do I miss Walter Cronkite and truthful unbiased news....

Today as the OP points out one gets better unbiased news on America from foreign news organizations than domestic news organizations...

And the sad part? Most Americans don't care....

Old 09-29-2012, 08:57 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,813,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Take not Americans. While our media goes after hard core attack stories on Romney, media outside our country have been the ones doing the real journalism work. They aren't so busy trying to save Obamas job like our media is. Its disgraceful and shows more and more that our press are endangering us and lying to us, trying to keep important information from us.

It's insane isn't it?

That whole fiasco is one of the most scandalous things I ever heard of and most Americans could care less. They could care less.

Though I was under the impression that the operation had begun under Pres Bush and simply continued into this administration.

In fact, and please correct me if I am wrong, I'd like to know. In fact under Pres. Bush no arrest or indictments were made, the only actual arrest came later under the new Admin. Nevertheless I think it is a terrible travesty that our government would do this and that Pres Obama would continue the tactic.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Geez do I miss Walter Cronkite and truthful unbiased news....

Today as the OP points out one gets better unbiased news on America from foreign news organizations than domestic news organizations...

And the sad part? Most Americans don't care....
Many don't, true, but most of them are liberals. They will sink to the lowest of lows to protect Obama and their agenda.

Most don't know. Partially their own fault, partially the corrupt medias fault.

Some of us knew there was a lot more to this story, but the media was complicit in Obama and Holder covering it up and hiding information.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
It's insane isn't it?

That whole fiasco is one of the most scandalous things I ever heard of and most Americans could care less. They could care less.

Though I was under the impression that the operation had begun under Pres Bush and simply continued into this administration.

In fact, and please correct me if I am wrong, I'd like to know. In fact under Pres. Bush no arrest or indictments were made, the only actual arrest came later under the new Admin. Nevertheless I think it is a terrible travesty that our government would do this and that Pres Obama would continue the tactic.
I believe there were two programs. The first was shut down.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,813,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I believe there were two programs. The first was shut down.

What really gets me is Hillary and the Potus both lecturing Americans on gun control and that it is somehow our fault for exercising the 2nd and allowing guns to fall into the hands of these drug runners.

Does anyone else remember that?

Nope, turns out they were selling them Guns.

It would not surprise me if Holder is helping them smuggle drugs into this country.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 PM

A few big scandals going on with the current Admin, all largely covered up by the media. Read an excerpt below, and can you ever imagine the media not going as crazy over it as they do Romney remarks they don't like...

Quote:
O’Reilly, then a White House National Security staffer, had phone and email exchanges about Fast and Furious from July 2010 to Feb. 2011 with the lead ATF official on the case: ATF Special Agent in Charge Bill Newell. Just days after Newell testified to Congress on July 26, 2011 that he’d shared information with O’Reilly, whom he described as a long time friend, O’Reilly was transferred to Iraq and not available for questioning. Thereafter, he declined interviews with congressional investigators and the IG.
In a letter sent to O’Reilly’s attorney Thursday, Issa and Grassley state that O’Reilly’s “sudden transfer” to Iraq took him out of pocket in their investigation, and placed him in a position that had already been given to somebody else, raising “serious questions about O’Reilly’s assignment in Baghdad (and) the motivation for his transfer there.” …
“Given that O’Reilly was the link connecting the White House to the scandal, and that the President subsequently asserted executive privilege over the documents pertaining to Fast and Furious, it is imperative that the American people get to the bottom of O’Reilly’s involvement with Fast and Furious,” says the letter to O’Reilly’s attorney.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Among other groups of Fast and Furious victim stories Univision says it will tell in the special to air Sunday evening at 7 p.m., is one about how “16 young people attending a party in a residential area of Ciudad Juárez in January of 2010″ were gunned down with weapons the Obama administration gave to drug cartel criminals through Fast and Furious.
“Univision News’ Investigative Unit was also able to identify additional guns that escaped the control of ATF agents and were used in different types of crimes throughout Mexico,” the network added. “Furthermore, some of these guns — none of which were reported by congressional investigators — were put in the hands of drug traffickers in Honduras, Puerto Rico, and Colombia. A person familiar with the recent congressional hearings called Univision’s findings ‘the holy grail’ that Congress had been searching for.”
These guns went far, and killed many people. How disgusting and beyond shameful that in a case like this, Holder stonwalled and Obama locked up information. He doesn't want to get to the bottom of it. They went as far as getting a key figure out of reach of investigators. This is huge and the media, our corrupt media, wanted Americans to think it was over and no one in the Admin knew anything. Bs

Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,236,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
It's insane isn't it?

Will you progressive liberals ever get off the blame Bush syndrome?

The ATF operation under President Bush was Project Gunrunner...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies