Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Gas prices are down, not to mention W gave us the highest prices in US history, and for Obama to be on par with W's insane inflation of gas prices, they will need to be in the 11$ a gallon range.

Beyond epic right wing fail.
That ain't 100% accurate, depending on where you live. I just paid 4.23 for unleaded so please give it a rest. That ain't cheap, and it sure as hell ain't down.

And i still know many people out of work, think their happy campers think again. I know small businesses that are thinking of closing their doors, think their happy campers, no they are not.

And i also sincerely know college grads who graduated, but can't find a job. And inspite what the news is saying, the housing criris in many areas, is still going strong, with the most bank owned properties, short sales, repos, and foreclosures they any other time.

Gas prices may be down in some areas of the Country, but on a whole, they are up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I believe we have over 90T in total debt with a large percentage of that owed to retirement funds. $15T to be exact.

SS and Medicare are the biggest, but certainly not the only, problems.
Quote:
So by your own admission the greater problem is the $50T unfunded liabilities
you keep confusing public, private, and public+private totals.

medicare and social security are accounted for on the $15T public side. the $50T private side includes a ton of corporate debt , consumer debt, and mortgage debt.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:55 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
you keep confusing public, private, and public+private totals.

medicare and social security are accounted for on the $15T public side. the $50T private side includes a ton of corporate debt , consumer debt, and mortgage debt.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Medicare and social security liabilities are not accounted for in the national debt. Our total liabilities approach $90 trillion.............................. and the liberals want to spend more.

Report: Federal unfunded liabilities total $84 trillion | The Daily Caller

Old 10-01-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Medicare and social security liabilities are not accounted for in the national debt. Our total liabilities approach $90 trillion.............................. and the liberals want to spend more.

Report: Federal unfunded liabilities total $84 trillion | The Daily Caller

ah, some fine Texas Aggies working for the NCPA, a conservative propaganda outfit.

i'm not working with "NCPA" numbers, I am working with numbers from the federal reserve.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/

I mean if you want to play the "Really big but totally meaningless numbers game", then I'd have to respond with $1.5 quadrillion, which is the notational value of private sector debt contacts.

Last edited by le roi; 10-01-2012 at 06:23 PM..

Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
ah, some fine Texas Aggies working for the NCPA, a conservative propaganda outfit.

i'm not working with "NCPA" numbers, I am working with numbers from the federal reserve.

Federal Reserve Economic Data - FRED - St. Louis Fed

I mean if you want to play the "Really big but totally meaningless numbers game", then I'd have to respond with $1.5 quadrillion, which is the notational value of private sector debt contacts.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Obama raised gas prices?
How?
The same way George Bush did.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Barack Obama hates the poor and middle class.

(RSG)

Thanks to Barack Obama gas prices doubled, incomes dropped, unemployment soared and the deficit tripled in less than four years.

The poor and middle class suffered the most.

The Republican Study Group released this information.A few points about the chart above, which visualizes these trends all too well....

** According to analysts at Sentier Research, median household income has dropped $4,520, or about one month’s average wages, since President Obama took office.

** The average price for a gallon of gas has more than doubled since January 2009, from under $2 to now almost $4.
Obama did this? Seriously, think for a few minutes before you start a thread.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
I nominate the OP for the Michael Moore accuracy award!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
derp

Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Obama Is responsible for getting 5,000,000 jobs back and having jobs coming back each month.... bUSH WAS losing 800,00 JOBS per month.
Obama is a net job killer. He's not restored the jobs:

FACT: Obama is still a net jobs killer

Americans Employed, January 2009: 142,187,000
Americans Employed, today: 142,101,000
Jobs in U.S. Economy, January 2009: 133,561,000
Jobs in U.S. Economy, today: 133,300,000

Quote:
Bush had us in two expensive uneeded wars....... Obama has our guys out of one war and is getting us out of Afghanistan.
More of our precious troops have died in Afghanistan under Obama than did under Bush.
Obama opposed Bush's "surge" which made a withdrawal from Iraq possible.
I guess you don;t even know that a MAJORITY of DEMOCRATS voted in FAVOR of BOTH of those wars.

Quote:
Bush couldn't get Bin Laden or Laden's top men...... Obama did.
Obama OPPOSED the very intelligence techniques that made killing Bin Laden possible.

...and ALl Obama did was make a no-brainer decision that ANYONE would have made.

[quote]Industry is coming back to the USA[/quote

Then why was the durable goods index so low?

Quote:
Lobbyists can no longer get access to the Whitehouse as if it is their right
No...he only broke his promise about Lobbyists on his cabinet and gave all those waivers.
Lobbyists now meet at coffee shops down the street from the WH so they aren't recorded on the official WH guest book.

Quote:
Health care is now changing for the better
Is that why 55% of American doctors want ObamaCare repealed?

Quote:
Women can now expect the same pay as men doing he same job

LOL...except for the small fact that women are paid less than men on the WH Staff AND are paid less on his Campaign Committee.

Quote:
Vets now can fast track into jobs

Are you insane? Do you even know that Veterans have a higher unemployment than the general population?

Quote:
maybe in another alternate universe.

From all you many lies above, I think you are in an alternative universe???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies