Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 07:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times

Advertisements

I can't believe this is serious.

The alleged squatter seems crazy, yet appears to have a college degree on the mantel??? Am I seeing things?

Read this and watch the video!

Quote:
Heidi Peterson could not believe what was in her Detroit home when she returned after being away for a year.

A woman named Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair was living there.

Blair refuses to leave the home, and Peterson doesn't have the means go elsewhere....
Woman forced to live with squatter in her Detroit home | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

WTF kind of name is 'Missionary'??? And when I put her name in Google, I noticed the mainstream media (except Yahoo) conveniently ignores this.

Another article calls 'Missionary' a write-in presidential candidate.

http://blogs.lawyers.com/2012/10/pre...detroit-house/

It seems like there's something more to this. It's just too weird.

Look at all the "write-in candidates" in Wayne County, Michigan:

http://co.wayne.in.us/voter/election...andidates.html

Last edited by MOKAN; 10-13-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
So she's a former tenant who got evicted ? Obviously the owner did not follow up on the eviction or change the locks before she left for a year. And you don't leave your home for a year and not have someone check on it or take care of what needs to be taken care of.

Sounds like there's more to this story than what they are telling us.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Blair was supposedly evicted, but all her furniture was still there? That ain't how I evict tenants! I'd call it the ultimate sloppiness in being a landlord.

If you have a tenant living in a property you own, have not legally removed them AND their belongings using established court procedures, disappear for a year, come back and find the tenant there, you have only yourself to blame. Did Peterson have a property manager checking on the property who could have reported a squatter to her so she could have taken action much sooner? If not, why not?

Something does not sound right about this story and I'll be curious if there are more details.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:36 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Unbelievable. Whatever happened to Breaking and Entering laws???? I find this ludicrous. I hope this lady and her baby remain safe, otherwise I predict a huge lawsuit against some agency.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,266 times
There is obviously way more to this than meets the eye.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
This squatter sensed she was dealing with the dimmest bulb on the string so she took advantage of that and moved on in.

Here's this woman who bought a house for $23K and was not prepared to repair or bring it up to acceptable codes? Dumb. So move out for a year and what; expect that it will fix itself up to comply with municipal codes while she's gone; magic Mike Holmes fairy gonna come around and make repairs?

She realized the house was now livable through the mod's made by the squatter so she moves on back in and starts her "Poor Me" theatrics. Why'd she wait a year? Why'd she just leave the place unattended without making any effort to secure it? Why'd she think it acceptable to now move on back into the place when it was "condemnd" before? Who paid to have the place modified, inspected and the condemnation order lifted? Ditzy behaviour should call for a question or two from the court I'm sure.

Some court is gonna have a field day with these two.

Head smacking stuff for sure.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
It sounds like the owner left the house vacant and the roommate is one of those Detroit squatters who finds a vacant house to live in -- but it seems they were roommates previously too so there is more to this story.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
While I'd still like to move back there some day because the homes are absolutely well built and most are custom, there is a totally different culture in the Big D. That's why we left.
Right is wrong and wrong is right to many residents. Getting what's coming, deserved or not is life there. Knew several "slumlords" who never repaired or visited their properties because they were too afraid to go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies