Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 02:42 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times

Advertisements

With tax season just around the corner it’s time for my blood to start boiling. It seems that every year I here about working poor getting huge refunds via the earned income credit also know as the big screen TV stimulus plan.

Why should anyone get back more than they paid in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 03:32 PM

571 posts, read 1,318,933 times
It's just a little way of saying "Thank you for voting Democratic!"

Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM

723 posts, read 2,194,160 times
I need a little boost this year because I bought a car that I couldn't afford. I also squirted out a kid so I will also collect my child tax refund as well.

Thanks, Taxpayers!

Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,397,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
With tax season just around the corner it’s time for my blood to start boiling. It seems that every year I here about working poor getting huge refunds via the earned income credit also know as the big screen TV stimulus plan.

Yeah, I did taxes a couple times for a chain preparer - I only worked during tax season doing simple returns....the EIC made me crazy and then the person would get the "rapid refund" to boot

Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,912,001 times
A total redistribution is taking place and has been for some time.

The EIC is a way of redistributing income in a covert way by giving it to people that "work". FYI, someone is working and not making enough money to live on, then their employer needs to pay them more or they need to work a second job. Simple getting a large amount of money through a tax credit is absolute theft and from the people that work, pay taxes and do not qualify for the EIC. It's amazing right after tax season starts, EIC parasites start running around buying things with their "refund" although it is hardly a refund since they are getting the federal taxes they paid back as well as money through the EIC as well. On some level it stimulates the economy for a short period of time around tax season but it is still theft. It is also a way for a company to hire someone at $10 an hour and know that they will work for it because they get so many other benefits along with it like the EIC, some food stamps (EBT: eating better today) and maybe housing assistance and state funded medical care and it all enables corporations to be oblivious to objective facts of economic reality and pay people peanuts. After all, the federal government will confiscate through it's monopoly use of force the required money that a person making $10 an hour needs to survive and take it from other people. So the government acts as a middle man for corporations and prevents those companies from having to pay anyone in the lower 30% of earning levels more than they need to survive.

And if you have kids, then your EIC is even more. Along with the free, taxpayer funded education system from K-12, medicaid for the kids that do not have insurance, food stamps, etc - people that should have never had sex and breeded are rewarded through the EIC for their orgasms. Family courts in most states use the EIC in their parenting plans now after determining how much child support a guy should pay for the Xerox copy he made of himself when he was engaged in having an orgasm with mommy. After factoring in monthly child support obligations, the court gives the custodial parent the ability to claim the child on her taxes, thus generating even more money than just the monthly child support and spousal support payments. So the children become an asset on paper when tax time comes.

The IRS tax code should change regarding the EIC. Since there is over 1 trillion in unpaid student loan debt right now: Anyone that qualifies for an EIC and includes dependents on their tax form - the "refund" pertaining to the EIC dependents should annually be deposited into a college fund account (over the course of 18 years or the amount of years that the EIC is obtained) and allowed to grow so when those kids turn 18, they have the money they need to go to college instead of running to the federal government for Pell Grants, financial aid and government backed student loans that will never get repaid. Of course, most of the parents involved if it worked that way would be rioting in the streets demanding they get "their money" back from the government.

It is all a shell game and smoke and mirrors. Fun to watch though.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:49 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post

Obviously, they shouldn't.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM

438 posts, read 1,531,790 times
This makes me think about how wrong the tax system is when considering the public schools. The people that have kids that most often use public schools get a refund. I, as a single person with out kids, don't get a refund even though I'm paying for it and not using it. This makes no sense.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
The child tax credit is theft too.

Why should single people pay more taxes than married people,or married people with kids?

If we are going to harp on one part of the unfair tax,why not the others?

The point is its all unfair,but single people get the brunt of it.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,541,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why should single people pay more taxes than married people,or married people with kids?
I am definitely with you there. And it's not just taxes that set me off. We elected not to have children, because we didn't feel economically stable enough to afford them - so I get a little bent when we realize that we pay for them anyway.

Most places that I have worked offer 4 tiers of medical insurance: single, single with kids, married, and married with kids. Those with 12 kids pay the same rate as a person with one kid - and those of us without kids subsidize it.

I really don't have a problem funding education - but I still feel the need to point out that we pay school district taxes. These taxes are based on property value, and not on the number of kids we have. We own a modest property, so it isn't that high, but we also don't have any kids in school. So that doesn't really seem fair either.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
It masks the extent of those on welfare.

It's more efficient than administering monthly checks.

Government cheese is so last century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies