Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather babysit your kids? Obama or Romney?
Obama 26 42.62%
Romney 27 44.26%
Neither of them would be fit to watch my kids 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,768,054 times

Advertisements

Parents Prefer President Obama as Babysitter

In a new ABC News/Washington Post poll poll released Monday, 49 percent of registered voters surveyed said they would rather leave a child with the president Obama than Romney.
That’s a 13 point spike for Obama; just two weeks ago, the rivals were dead even in the “babysitting” question.
Obama’s reserved, less-confrontational performance at the debate could be a big reason for the upswing. The president suggested he might have been “too polite” during his meeting with Romney in Denver. But whatever that his demeanor cost him, it seemed to hit home with when it comes to caring and responsibility.

Parents Prefer President Obama as Babysitter - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,406,129 times
I think I could trust my kids with either guy for a few hours, and they will be there and OK, when I get back.

I don't know either guy personally though, and as such, no stranger will babysit my kids.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:37 AM

45,241 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Sounds like some people need to be reminded about obamas body count of women and children.

President as baby sitter is a pretty awful premise for a hypothetical question,but sadly that's how government as a whole is viewed.
Got Stockholm syndrome?

Old 10-16-2012, 05:39 AM

876 posts, read 709,366 times
I wonder how much money these people spend on these strange polls. Like either one will ever sign up to babysit stranger's children.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:41 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,406,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sounds like some people need to be reminded about obamas body count of women and children.

President as baby sitter is a pretty awful premise for a hypothetical question,but sadly that's how government as a whole is viewed.
Got Stockholm syndrome?

Both seem like good family men, with good kids of their own. Again, I don't know them personally, just the perception I see from their appearences I've seen.

But I agree, a ridiculous question. Btw, as far as how many women and children he's killed, war is hell, and Romney isn't offering a change, he's going to double down.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:53 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,982,756 times
I would hope that if either one of these guys were babysitting a kid, they'd jump up at the news of a national crisis like a terrorist attack, call a neighbor to cover the kids, and rush back to the WH. Unlike W, who sat in that Florida classroom with all those kids, and did nothing....and said nothing publicly for (how long?) after 9-11?

Old 10-16-2012, 05:54 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times
Yes i wanted to vote both but that wasnt a option. Both seem to be good family men and good fathers. My kids should be fine with either one. Man the economy is really bad if either of these multi millionares need to baby sit my kids after this election.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Parents Prefer President Obama as Babysitter

In a new ABC News/Washington Post poll poll released Monday, 49 percent of registered voters surveyed said they would rather leave a child with the president Obama than Romney.
That’s a 13 point spike for Obama; just two weeks ago, the rivals were dead even in the “babysitting” question.
Obama’s reserved, less-confrontational performance at the debate could be a big reason for the upswing. The president suggested he might have been “too polite” during his meeting with Romney in Denver. But whatever that his demeanor cost him, it seemed to hit home with when it comes to caring and responsibility.

Parents Prefer President Obama as Babysitter - ABC News
Not Romney....he'd have the kid's car seat on the roof of his car!!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,447,921 times
Default Who would you let babysit your kids? Obama or Romney?

Babysitter?

My kids don't need no stinkin' babysitter.

BTW, they're both voting for Obama.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,767,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I would hope that if either one of these guys were babysitting a kid, they'd jump up at the news of a national crisis like a terrorist attack, call a neighbor to cover the kids, and rush back to the WH. Unlike W, who sat in that Florida classroom with all those kids, and did nothing....and said nothing publicly for (how long?) after 9-11?
Are you out of your mind?

Where were you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies