Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 05:53 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times

Advertisements

How laughably ironic is this?

Billy Graham site removes Mormon 'cult' reference after Romney meeting – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

I'm not going to say anything but I will give them the slant eye.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post

Billy Graham site removes Mormon 'cult' reference after Romney meeting – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Several of my family members were utterly against Mr. Romney during his prior run for the Republican nomination, solely due to this being a Mormon. They continued with this belief until very, very recently. They now think that the Mormons are a very good Christian religion.

Indeed, if Mr. Romney had declared that he was a member of the Taliban, they would have figured out a way to accept it. Anyone but the 'Muslim Obama'!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:

I think this is more about Billy's son Franklin, who is more of a political activist than anything else. He has said things about many issues, which have a heavy political spin on them, but I have never heard Billy say such things. Billy has always opened his doors to presidents from both parties, and prayed with them, but Franklin seems to harbor bitter hatred towards Democrats, and he will say anything to support Republicans. It is a sad thing to see.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Several of my family members were utterly against Mr. Romney during his prior run for the Republican nomination, solely due to this being a Mormon. They continued with this belief until very, very recently. They now think that the Mormons are a very good Christian religion.

Indeed, if Mr. Romney had declared that he was a member of the Taliban, they would have figured out a way to accept it. Anyone but the 'Muslim Obama'!
Supporting or opposing a political candidate does not mean supporting or opposing that candidate's religion. This seems too simple to even have to point out.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
OK, here is the reason:

Quote:
"We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicized during this campaign."

Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Loyalty to the Republican cult is currently overriding their derision of the Mormon cult. After the election they will go back to their old ways. I can still remember Huckabee with his ridiculous brother of Satan talk and that wasn't too long ago.

This year, most Republicans would vote for anyone with an R next to their name, even if that person was Ahmadinejad or Jerry Sandusky.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 PM

99,542 posts, read 4,490,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think this is more about Billy's son Franklin, who is more of a political activist than anything else. He has said things about many issues, which have a heavy political spin on them, but I have never heard Billy say such things. Billy has always opened his doors to presidents from both parties, and prayed with them, but Franklin seems to harbor bitter hatred towards Democrats, and he will say anything to support Republicans. It is a sad thing to see.
Evangelist Billy Graham all but endorses Mitt Romney - latimes.com

Old 10-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Supporting or opposing a political candidate does not mean supporting or opposing that candidate's religion. This seems too simple to even have to point out.

They could have still supported him without changing their religious beliefs.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, here is the reason:

By removing it, they politicized it even more. lol. It's just funny to see such blatant hypocrisy. Slant eye.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

So you're saying that your family would accept a Muslim Romney over a Muslim Obama? Now that deserves a slant eye

After all, he would be a Muslim by virtue of being Taliban
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies