Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So it is Bush's fault for the failed stimulus plus Obama wants to do another and probably another after that.
That is a myth. The stimulus was not a failure. Without the stimulus we would have sank deeper into the recession and probably into a full blown recession. The stimulus would not have been necessary if not for Bush policies...so yes, Bush got us in and Obama has been getting us out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Im doing fine also.
the turning point was the 2010 elections, when the republicans regained control it was like a light switch was flipped on. Things in the Engineering business picked up overnight.

its also very apparent to anyone with a 3rd grade reading ability our country as a whole is MUCH worse off now than 4 years ago.

Maybe when you get to a 4th grade education you will realize how little you knew with a 3rd grade education. Have you seen the stock market lately. How is your 401K as compared to 4 years ago.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am a republican. I think it is great that you are doing well. I hope that all Americans do better financially than they are doing now.

Unfortunately, Obama is not the pathway to prosperity, but is part of the problem. A nation does not improve its wealth and prosperity through higher taxes, more regulations, and more litigation. In spite of your individual relative prosperity, the balance of the nation is suffering from the policies which Obama has instituted.

This is not a republican/democratic problem- it is one of fiscal policy and competence in leading the nation back to prosperity and reducing debt. Obama is clearly not the man for that job.
If you believe that then you can't possible support Romney. He has done nothing but Strip the country of profitable companies and has experience in only that., He is no knowledgeable about growing jobs here ( I'll give you he has been great for growing them in China). If we want $15 / day incomes I suspect he can make us lots of jobs.

Romney prefers the inefficient businesses to handle medicare and Social Security... those companies that added to the problem that wiped out our economy. Clearly your only choice woiuld be Gary Johnson - small gov, fiscal conservative with out the desire to rape and pillage the American economy.

For me, I have done great under President Obama and will support him. He has promoted equal pay for women, healthcare for all and championed against insurance companies for the benefit of the people. He has stood up for the most maligned group (gays and lesbians). Seeking out Bin laden and others in Al Queda has been a great accomplishment. He has passed the Mathew Sheppard Act, Saved the auto industry, saved the American economy, reformed of credit card and bank laws, ( at the least this keeps a bank from charging you multiple over draft fees on a given day), kicked out banks from Federal Student Loans, improved car efficiency standards, ended Iraq, ending Afghanistan, supported fall of Qaddafi, closed dirty power plants, expanded renewable energies, improved Veteran benefits,promoted green energy among federal agencies,next generation testing for schools, advanced education,

The list of his accomplishments is very long though I'm sure reps would never even look at the list. He has done an admirable job, far better than his predecessor. I want a president that will bring benefit to more than the 1%, or himself. .... incidentally cutting taxes on interest and dividends is a benefit for the 1% , not the masses. This would take those paying 14% taxes towards paying ZERO .... I want a President with more than self interests.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
That things are better for me than anytime in my life? I'm 50, live in Dallas, and I feel like I have finally reached the stage in my life where I don't go to bed each night with money worries.

You are fortunate to be in Texas, where Dallas is fueled by oil money and illegal aliens.
Because of the permits GW. Bush issued, Texas and it's shale formations, are way above the rest of the nation. Almost double that of the next State.

You would be in a world of hurt, if you lived outside the State, unless you lived in North or South Dakota.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I guess your friends values revolve around the allmighty buck and are jealous of you....

Sent from my Windows 8 laptop using Firefox 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The way liberals jump on and defend an obviously fictional scenario is hilarious.

A Democrat friend of mine asked me " How is it you are worse off than you were 4 years ago. Has not Obama provided everyone with better lives?" I answered "Well I was only 50 four years ago."

Another fictional conversation with a Democrat friend went something like this.

Democrat friend: How is it you claim to be worse off than four years ago? Has not Obama delivered universal wealth, health and happiness?

Me: My dog just died.

Sent from my computer using my fingers with my two surviving dogs laying at my feet.
You guys are killing me.

Sent from my laptop whilst sitting on my love seat with my dog lying on the other end, sleeping and snoring.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:55 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
That things are better for me than anytime in my life? I'm 50, live in Dallas, and I feel like I have finally reached the stage in my life where I don't go to bed each night with money worries. Rich? Hell no! Comfortable and secure? Yes, I feel so. I've felt this way for maybe the last 3 years. No knock on Mr. Bush at all, but I was downsized twice in his 8 years. So when my Republican buddies ask how things are going they almost want to argue that I can't be doing OK. I make no bones that I plan to vote for Obama. Why shouldn't I? Things are fine for me and I have people say, "Four more years of Obama and you won't be". So why should I vote against him on what to me at this moment is a theory that 4 more years i'll be in ruins?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now you have the opportunity to pay more in taxes.

You can over-pay voluntarily.

Go ahead --- let's see you do it. If you're on the same page as Obama about wealth redistribution, here's your chance to give your money away. To the Government - which you are pleased with.

You clearly have more than you need.

"For of those to whom much is given, much is required."

Old 10-18-2012, 07:00 AM

204 posts, read 635,173 times
I don't think the question should be whether you are better off but whether the next generation will be better off. That's why the main issue that I look at when I vote is whether this person can potentially help to balance the budget, whether national, state, or local. Everything else is secondary when our nation becomes a Greece.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but mine are actually based in truth and not random ramblings in some sort of game of "one ups" or "I can top that"
Are you accusing me of making things up, embellishing stories - aka lying?

Sorry - Joe Biden may do that, but I don't.

Obama has stirred the pot when it comes to class warfare more than any other leader we've had. You mention that you know Republicans with a sense of entitlement. I am honest enough to say that I know both Democrats AND Republicans with a sense of entitlement, and I also know many liberals who are bitter about the success of others - that is, others when they are conservatives or Republicans. It doesn't seem to bother them when millionaire and billionaire Democrats "champion their cause."

Hypocrisy abounds.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Riiiight...if you're not a millionaire and stupid enough to vote for Romney, you're incapable of reason. Conservatives aren't bright people, they're lead from the nose by FOX News and Limbaugh, note theres no liberal equivalent of Rush to deliver talking points to the left. Best insult you can come up with is that I'm a spaceman or cowardly mocking me and not quoting me like afoigrokerkok
LOL, you're taking this way too personally.

I'm totally uninterested in insulting you. So let's take a look at your "point" above.

You don't think that Rush has liberal counterparts? You don't think that Rachel Maddow qualifies? Come on, at least be intellectually honest.

As for your comment about conservatives not being bright people, and being led around by the nose - if you don't like insults, you may want to stop insulting others. Can we please have an intelligent debate? Is this really asking too much? If so, just tell me now so I can stop wasting my time with you.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Are you accusing me of making things up, embellishing stories - aka lying?

Sorry - Joe Biden may do that, but I don't.

Obama has stirred the pot when it comes to class warfare more than any other leader we've had. You mention that you know Republicans with a sense of entitlement. I am honest enough to say that I know both Democrats AND Republicans with a sense of entitlement, and I also know many liberals who are bitter about the success of others - that is, others when they are conservatives or Republicans. It doesn't seem to bother them when millionaire and billionaire Democrats "champion their cause."

Hypocrisy abounds.
Speaking of myths...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies