Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Where's the conservative outrage?

Lame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Like the author of this article, I remember the Reagan years in which the Democrats made a huge political issue out of homelessness. The number of homeless during the Reagan years was portrayed as a sign of the administration's cold indifference to their plight. News segments constantly featured the homeless problem.

And yet, today under President Obama, there are more than twice the number of homeless as there were in 1984 under President Reagan - 636,017 according to the National Alliance to End Homelessness - and no one is talking about it, least of all President Obama and his supporters. Homelessness has magically vanished from the traditional litany of liberal grievances.

Why?
Poverty hits 50-year high, U.S says - Los Angeles Times

You just know that a lot of people are really hurting, and yet the media is staying away from exposing it to the nation during the election, because Obama and his failed policies might be looked upon as partially to blame

Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Take it to the religious forum.
Provide proof that there's a god thing and I'm with you.
Until then, keep your religion to yourself.
See, now the ugly truth comes out. It doesn't matter how positive the effects of religion has been, it's like the sun to a vampire for atheists. It just pi$$es em off more, and ruins their hate buzz.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:52 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I am talking about my home town in Europe.

I lived there for many years and know some of the homeless personally - and I know they are atheists.

The Lord is Jesus Christ.
Good answers, and cheers to the last one. When you make a zealot like chxxxxrl mad, for no apparent reason, it only proves they must not have anything of real value to add to the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Poverty hits 50-year high, U.S says - Los Angeles Times

You just know that a lot of people are really hurting, and yet the media is staying away from exposing it to the nation during the election, because Obama and his failed policies might be looked upon as partially to blame

Mainstream media has become the propaganda arm of the DNC, and (even more so) the Chicago political machine. Just how corrupt could they possibly be?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:05 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
???

How will contacting a REALTOR (R) solve the problem?

If you don't have (enough) money, a REALTOR can't help you.
People buy houses without coming out of pocket every day. Government zero down loan programs. Doesn't mean that they really should buy a house, and I think it was instrumental in causing the crisis in the first place, but it still goes on.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
I'm not a religious person myself, but to be fair, you asked him a direct question about his beliefs. When he answered you you then told him to keep it to himself? I think you shouldn't ask if yo don't want to hear it.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Excuse me? YOU were the one who mentioned religion.

Quote:
Forcing people to listen to religious propaganda to receive support is deceitful.
It's not to support the needy but to spread their religious beliefs.
The rest of us were talking about faith based organizations and private charity that even you can't deny do good work to help those who need it. Instead of acknowledging their contribution - you attacked them because you have an irrational hatred of anything that has to do with religion.

Then you asked a direct question to Ken and he answered you. If you don't want to talk about religion - then don't bring it up yourself.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 PM

10 posts, read 9,187 times
If Obama can require the people without healthcare to buy healthcare then why doesn't he require the homeless to buy homes?

Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz9999 View Post
If Obama can require the people without healthcare to buy healthcare then why doesn't he require the homeless to buy homes?
Or pay a fine.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:26 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Excuse me? YOU were the one who mentioned religion.
Yep.

I'm finding this to be a very common little trick on C-D. You post something that is not directly concerned with religion. Anti-Christian poster knows or suspects you are religious, baits you into defending your faith, then demands you take it to the religion forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies