Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I dare you to name 10 African countries without using a search engine lol! I bet you can't do it.
Tanzania, Namibia, Kenya, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Uganda, Congo, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Angola.

Aren't you glad that you didn't make your bet with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Tanzania, Namibia, Kenya, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Uganda, Congo, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Angola.

Aren't you glad that you didn't make your bet with me?
So you can use google search, good for you

Old 10-23-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Mitt Romney mentioned South Africa in yesterday's debate - noting that the U.S.A. stood firm against the former apartheid government.

Does President Obama mention ever mention Africa - besides North Africa?
He doesn't need to, his tea party critics mention it on a regular basis.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
So you can use google search, good for you
Nope - that was from the top of my head, and a product of my education - interest in geography - and an inquisitive mind which leads me to pore over maps for entertainment.

Did you ever get perfect scores on geography quizzes in school?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
He doesn't need to, his tea party critics mention it on a regular basis.
Explain.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Nope - that was from the top of my head, and a product of my education - interest in geography - and an inquisitive mind which leads me to pore over maps for entertainment.

Did you ever get perfect scores on geography quizzes in school?
Way cool! An educated, home-schooled, right winger that learns with entertainment. I'm truly impressed.

As far as Africa is concerned, one day Africa will be a dominent force in the global scheme of things and I can't help feeling that a certain amount of "payback" will be on their agenda.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
have an honest , open discussion about why such a rich area in earth's minerals hasnt met its potential? Why are they not harnessing these resources?
Because the resources are NOT yours to exploit. Africans are resistant to exploitation by Americans and others. Plus corruption is rampant in most African nations...out side investors are not interested in the people...they could not care less...Most still view black Africans as savages and do not respect them...It is racism combined with bad behavior by "war lords" - that keeps Africa unstable...The past effect of super powers such as America and the former Soviet Union waging surrogate wars in Africa over a period of decades...has left it's ugly mark...It is a scared continent that is still healing- it has been damaged by interlopers.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Way cool! An educated, home-schooled, right winger that learns with entertainment. I'm truly impressed.
I graduated from public schools.

Learning should be entertaining - maybe that is why so many liberals appear to me as uneducated - they were too bored by the prospect of studying to get much out of it.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
I thought Africa was a country....Just kidding....Did you know that the majority of Afro-Americans actually think Africa is a nation and do not understand that it is a continent?

You can not clump all of African culture into on big blob....each nation is totally different....We might assume because most Africans because they are black are all similar..they are not. There is still a strong tribal culture even within the same nation..

Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I thought Africa was a country....Just kidding....Did you know that the majority of Afro-Americans actually think Africa is a nation and do not understand that it is a continent?

You can not clump all of African culture into on big blob....each nation is totally different....We might assume because most Africans because they are black are all similar..they are not. There is still a strong tribal culture even within the same nation..
Sarah Palin is African American??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies