Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Mourdock's view that rape is something god intended?
Yes, he is correct. Jesus is the lord and savior that made it happen 5 10.64%
No, Mourdock is a nutcase just as Willard is to endorse him. 42 89.36%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times

Advertisements

Well it turns out Mourdock's comments have been taken out of context by the radical left wing statists who are for on demand abortion and child killing even after birth. He wasn't talking about rape, but the child that is conceived.

What he was talking about was there is no reason to stab a baby in the head with scissors just because the child is a product of a rape. What the hell is wrong with you people?

What is scary to me is these wild eyed crazy leftist women that are so eager to kill children in this country. Pretty damn scary and to me they would be just as scary as any rapist.

This whole "war on women" is the phoniest baloney I have ever heard. The real war on women is the obama regime through regulation and compliance costs driving people out of work and prices for goods through the roof. That's the real war and the real pain. Contraception is readily available everywhere and inexpensive as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Actually, that's completely FALSE. Romney said he should apologize.
Apologize, sure. But does that mean that he has changed his view? Or is it just a political move to try to lessen the damage. How about a condemnation of that view? Or withdrawing support for someone that holds those views?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
See post #21
See post #26. Pay special attention to the last sentence.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The tea party is a radical right wing extremist organization that supports a huge government police state, insane spending, and to force their religious views on the nation.

Mourdock is a teabagger and his outrageous statement is a reflection of how nuts they are.
Saying it's Gods will is an outrageous statement??? Who am I too doubt the King of Outrageous Statement?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I honestly don't know how anyone could. I would love to know why any woman would vote for Romney/Ryan.
I agree, I think you would have to be mentally ill to support today's GOP, especially women.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:11 AM

194 posts, read 297,480 times
This is what Mourdock said:

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen,"

Many think the "that" can be read to be "rape" as easily as "that" can be read to be "life." Mourdock didn't explain himself adequately. With the way he said it, some thought it was like rubbing salt in the wounds of rape victims.

A more tasteful way of communicating that message, how about "Just as God brought forth new life from the great sin of the cross, so too God has brought forth new life from the great sin of their assault."?

Yes, any new life is blessing. But for God's sake, have a little sympathy for the victim. "Oh well, God will make good come of this..." Some may interpret it as if the rape was no big deal.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Liberals don't even KNOW that Mourdock's Democratic opponent feels exactly the same way....he is also pro-life and believes life begins with conception.

Maybe he's a Tea Party Democrat????
Did the Democrat say that getting raped is a gift from God?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Because there are much bigger issues, nothing is going to happen to Roe vs Wade, 99% of the "war on women" is scare tactics rather than reality, and Romney is nowhere close to being a tea partier.

This is why you are seeing the female split around 47/47% in the polls right now. Who is looking at things through LOGIC vs otherwise. The "war on women" tactic uses immediate emotional reaction, and fear.
No, the war on women is not a scare tactic.

State Trends for 2011 on Abortion, Family Planning, Sex Education and Insurance
Laws Affecting Reproductive Health and Rights:
Trends in the First Quarter of 2011

To date, legislators have introduced 916 measures related to reproductive health and rights in the 49 legislatures that have convened their regular sessions. (Louisiana’s legislature will not convene until late April.) By the end of March, seven states had enacted 15 new laws on these issues, including provisions that:

Much more at link.
916 laws introduced against women and women's health and rights, all by the Rs all in one quarter last year.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
/\ What's wrong with my wife being barefoot and wearing an apron? Ever think she likes being barefoot after having shoes on all day and she doesn't like getting clothes dirty when cooking? Sheesh..
Nothing wrong with it if your wife wants to be barefoot and wearing an apron.

However, based on what your status says ("can't wait to be single again"), I wonder how well you really know your wife?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:58 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
The shame is that R/R did not call him on the statement, but rather continue to support him.
It's a pattern.

Look at how Willard responded to Limbaugh's three day radio assault on Sandra Fluke:
Quote:
"Those weren't the words I would have chosen."
And there have been other, similar incidents where Willard could have stood up and taken a stand against what some of these idiots have said but he's so concerned about alienating that part of his base, that he has refused to.

The man is shameless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies