Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 05:04 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,871,989 times

Advertisements

[quote=southward bound;26704176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Nonsense. He is the Commander in Chief and the CEO. He is not the keeper of Security in Benghazi.

The Ambassador made a bad decision...apparently to escape the demonstrations expected at Tripoli. He knew the risk better than anyone and thought it acceptable. The Ambassador was injured fatally well before any help could have been marshalled. He was also unlucky. The Security guy with him escaped after multiple attempts to extricate the Ambassador. The US guys took back the consulate but failed to find and extract the Ambassador.

Reinforcement arrived from Tripoli. By then the situation was relatively calm . The second attack occurred later as the annex was being emptied. There is no indication that a company of infantry would have made any difference.

Simply a bad situation being built into something far more important than it warrants. An Ambassador made a bad decision, was very unlucky, and got himself killed.
QUOTE]

As Commander-in-Chief and the President of this country, it is his foremost responsibility to keep the country and its people secure. He most assuredly is responsible, and therfore the "keeper" as you put it, in not only Benghazi but at all our Embassies around the world. The spot of land that our Consulate sits on is US Property. Did you not know? As such, an attack on that piece of property, and its occupants, is an attack on America. Our President appears to have voted "present" while all those in the situation room and elsewhere watched the attack, claiming now to have no knowledge of the repeated calls for backup.

"Simply a bad situation being built into something far more important than it warrants." What???

That's an outrageous statement.

It is far more important than many the left would like to admit. Four of our people are dead, and you say it's being built into something far more important that it warrants. Be thankful you're not the family of one of those 4. Most of us as Americans feel that we ARE family when our people lose their lives fighting and/or working for the world's security and freedom.

Furthermore, it is important because the administration has seen the need to cover it up and repeatedly lie to us about what happened. Long after they (and we) knew, they kept repeating a fabricated, feeble excuse. As late as October 26, the President referenced the youtube video. Does he really think the people are THAT stupid?

According to this thread there are some people that ARE that stupid!

I love how the talking heads are saying we'll sort it out after the election. In six weeks time, the CEO of ANY company would know EXACTLY what the hell happened in his company that was this disasterous.

I guess Obama sucks as a CEO as well as a Comander in Chief. I wonder if he had blood on his hands when he got to Vegas to collect his checks. How can anyone respect or trust someone that can sit back and watch this happen and lie about it?

Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,871,989 times
Quote:
Every time I think the lunatic right cannot get any dumber they prove me wrong....

You can always tell when the left chooses to bury their head in the sand...

Nothing of substance, just name-calling and belittling. Guess that is a lesson well learned from dear leader.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:17 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,825,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
You can always tell when the left chooses to bury their head in the sand...

Nothing of substance, just name-calling and belittling. Guess that is a lesson well learned from dear leader.
YOu really think a reply can be made to such a incredible theory? You really think Obama is about to get impeached over Benghazi? Got any idea how many dead in Afghanistan so far this year? Any idea how many suicides the US forces have had?

This is not discussion material - this is pure hate driven insanity.

And taking up defense of it indicates that you must be buying into this absurdity...and should be treated accordingly.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,700,426 times
The buck stops with obama. He sat there and ate his dinner and watched and did nothing. For 7 hours.

We are all big boys and understand incidents happen out there in the world and we will always get attacked. But we've always had a culture in this country of when people in need figuratively dial 911, we find ways to help out. That didn't happen here because obama didn't want any political problems that made his policies in the middle east look foolish, but at the end of the day, lying and covering up just made it worse. 4 citizens died because he has no moral center as a narcissist.

And what is really scary is how all of this virtual reality thanks to technology has removed all emotion from lifeless people like obama. They sit there watching live feeds from drones and satellites and when people die, it's like a video game to them. This is a guy that has killed 3000 people with drones in countries like Yemen or Mali. This makes the Phoenix Program in Vietnam look like a cupcake run in comparison to the cold, "clean" way of dispatching people from the sky with drones.

Turns out the Dept of State is sitting on $2 billion in funds for embassy security. They didn't want to be embarrassed and have it look like we were militarizing our embassies. As a result, people are unprotected or poorly covered and people died.

And actually I think the point people are missing is we know that obama is indecisive and doesn't turn up to work until 10 AM, doesn't take national security briefings and will not consult with other foreign leaders. So the question is what stuff do we NOT know about, other incidents or issues that might have happened where national security was compromised? Remember this is the guy with the nuclear "football" in his hands. Do you trust him? I sure as hell do not.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
So Fox News uses an indirect source (not the most reliable of sources) to start the story. He spouts opinion without hard evidence and Fox News calls it "The TRUTH." I swear, the news industry is in shambles in terms of quality and reliability...
Even if completely false and he never set foot in the situation room, then my question is:

Where the hell was the POTUS for 7 hours while this attack was going on?

What the hell was he doing?

This is the guy in charge of the executive branch and a consulate getting overrun is kind of hard to ignore and it's a major issue.

So if people say he wasn't there, then as an American I want to know what exactly he was doing instead of being on the job.

Because if a consulate getting ransacked and an ambassador getting killed is no big deal to these people, then I question it because what else are they hiding?

Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You know his supporters and defenders say this is all being blown out of proprtion but you would think that stuff like think would give them a very long pause to think, "Hey, maybe I ought to take a second deeper look into this.".
If George Bush had sat for 7 hours and watched a live feed of a consulate getting destroyed and an ambassador get murdered, he would be ROASTED alive by the mainstream media. The lefties on here would be ranting till they were red in the face. They still rave because he took a few minutes to think through what he was going to do when we got attacked on 9/11/01.

As I have pointed out, this is just symptomatic of obama's whole approach. No leadership, indecision, incompetence and carelessness. He had to practically get dragged into making the final call to get bin ladin.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:08 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,718,050 times
Just in, from a reliable source...

With the election only days away and the MSM almost silent on the subject Benghazigate, it is important we derive our information from multiple sources. This information goes to the character and leadership of everyone involved, and it is clear to most that those at the top are engaged in cover up. With that in mind I encourage all to forward to everyone on their contact lists.

The first are clips from Judge Jeanine Piro’s show of October 27th. Please note the comments of Ms. Piro first and then her guest in the subsequent clips. Then, the just received information from Nancy Clark’s excellent Conservative Women’s Forum.

In order:

Judge Jeanine Rips BHO Over Benghazi, And There Is A Larger Problem : The Other McCain

Heart On Sleeve TV – Democrat Pat Caddell on Judge Jeanine Pirro Show | The Last Refuge

Justice with Judge Jeanine - Fox News

Benghazi - What Did The CIA Know? Formal CIA Weigh In - Judge Jeanine Pirro -Wow - YouTube

Has General Carter F. Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command, been fired for defying Leon Panetta on Benghazi?

The latest rumor making the rounds is that Barack Obama replaced General Carter Ham at Africom after the general made a move to help the US security officials at the Benghazi consulate and annex. Ham was replaced by Gen. David Rodriquez on October 18.

Tiger Droppings reported:

Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order @ TigerDroppings.com

Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, ran a piece Saturday afternoon titled "Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order." This piece is presented as a rumor. It suggests that General Ham was told to stand down from sending aid to Benghazi, that General Ham on his own decided to proceed, and that he was then relieved of his command. Remember, all rumor at this point.

On 18 October 2012, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta participated in a "DOD News Briefing on Efforts to Enhance the Financial Health of the Force." In his introductory remarks, Mr. Panetta said: "Today I am very pleased to announce that President Obama will nominate General David Rodriguez to succeed General Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command . . ."
Blog: Has General Ham Been Fired?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:08 PM

38,043 posts, read 22,219,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
If George Bush had sat for 7 hours and watched a live feed of a consulate getting destroyed and an ambassador get murdered, he would be ROASTED alive by the mainstream media. The lefties on here would be ranting till they were red in the face. They still rave because he took a few minutes to think through what he was going to do when we got attacked on 9/11/01.

As I have pointed out, this is just symptomatic of obama's whole approach. No leadership, indecision, incompetence and carelessness. He had to practically get dragged into making the final call to get bin ladin.
But it's 0bama, so they are fine with the excuse that 0bama was a clueless, disengaged, ignorant boob, oblivious to everything around him.

But give them 30 seconds, and then they will make 0bama out to be a the, smartest, bestest president ever, and the mostest, sophisticatedest consumer of intelligence on the planet again.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,489,789 times
Quote:
Every time I think the lunatic right cannot get any dumber they prove me wrong....
They`re making a strong case for voter sanity laws. In their world History began on Jan.20th 2009. Dozens of security screw ups that happened long before that date never really happened.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,418,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Just in, from a reliable source...

With the election only days away and the MSM almost silent on the subject Benghazigate, it is important we derive our information from multiple sources. This information goes to the character and leadership of everyone involved, and it is clear to most that those at the top are engaged in cover up. With that in mind I encourage all to forward to everyone on their contact lists.

The first are clips from Judge Jeanine Piro’s show of October 27th. Please note the comments of Ms. Piro first and then her guest in the subsequent clips. Then, the just received information from Nancy Clark’s excellent Conservative Women’s Forum.

In order:

Judge Jeanine Rips BHO Over Benghazi, And There Is A Larger Problem : The Other McCain

Heart On Sleeve TV – Democrat Pat Caddell on Judge Jeanine Pirro Show | The Last Refuge

Justice with Judge Jeanine - Fox News

Benghazi - What Did The CIA Know? Formal CIA Weigh In - Judge Jeanine Pirro -Wow - YouTube

Has General Carter F. Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command, been fired for defying Leon Panetta on Benghazi?

The latest rumor making the rounds is that Barack Obama replaced General Carter Ham at Africom after the general made a move to help the US security officials at the Benghazi consulate and annex. Ham was replaced by Gen. David Rodriquez on October 18.

Tiger Droppings reported:

Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order @ TigerDroppings.com

Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, ran a piece Saturday afternoon titled "Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order." This piece is presented as a rumor. It suggests that General Ham was told to stand down from sending aid to Benghazi, that General Ham on his own decided to proceed, and that he was then relieved of his command. Remember, all rumor at this point.

On 18 October 2012, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta participated in a "DOD News Briefing on Efforts to Enhance the Financial Health of the Force." In his introductory remarks, Mr. Panetta said: "Today I am very pleased to announce that President Obama will nominate General David Rodriguez to succeed General Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command . . ."
Blog: Has General Ham Been Fired?

Ahhh, time is getting short, and even shorter with this huge storm approaching the NE, so now you guys are just outright repeating emails you're getting from who knows WHERE, and being told to post on Internet message boards. I think this seems a little desperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies