Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I could care less about gay marriage, but gay couples having kids, not that's another issue.

Why? Because as much as we'd like to believe we're an enlightened society and we see our similarities, not our differences, children of gay couples are going to have very, very tough time growing up. I know that's not right or fair, but kids are mean enough when you're fat, wear glasses, awkward, etc. Can you imagine how they're going to pick on the kids with the gay parents?
The proper response to bullying, is to punish the bullies. Claiming that certain people should not be born/adopted as a satisfactory alternative to this seems strongly inhumane to me.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Gay children are adopted, are we going to modify birth certificates just for adopted kids with a gay parent?
"Gay children are adopted?" All gay children?

Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I was bullied mercilessly as a child because I was Jewish in an area of the country that is predominantly Southern Baptist. We had a cross burned on my lawn and rocks thrown through my window and everything - and this was the 90s.

Guess my parents shouldn't have been so selfish to have children. After all, we were much more likely to be made fun of because we had a Jewish parent! Better pass a law against it.
Are you serious? Maybe me growing up in a big city I saw things different.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I did read you reply. I ask again, SO WHAT? Gay couples who are having their babies naturally (no adopting involved) are asking that their partners name be on the Birth certificate.

Or do you not realize that no name need to be on a certificate at all? My friend in elementary school didn't have her biological father listed on her birth certificate when she was born. It was updated 15 years later to reflect that.
I do have a problem listing someone who AIN'T the bio mom or father on a kid's birth certificate. Better the egg or sperm donor spot be left blank IMHO than post a lie.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 PM

937 posts, read 926,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I could care less about gay marriage, but gay couples having kids, not that's another issue.

Why? Because as much as we'd like to believe we're an enlightened society and we see our similarities, not our differences, children of gay couples are going to have very, very tough time growing up. I know that's not right or fair, but kids are mean enough when you're fat, wear glasses, awkward, etc. Can you imagine how they're going to pick on the kids with the gay parents?
Do your research and see how child raised in same sex households actually fair... If kids are mean, should that be the (probably heterosexual) parents responsibility to reform and not the job of the victim child?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I was bullied mercilessly as a child because I was Jewish in an area of the country that is predominantly Southern Baptist. We had a cross burned on my lawn and rocks thrown through my window and everything - and this was the 90s.

Guess my parents shouldn't have been so selfish to have children. After all, we were much more likely to be made fun of because we had a Jewish parent! Better pass a law against it.
I seem to recall a certain highly regarded MSNBC personality instigated the murders of several Jews in New York around 1985. Southern Baptists are pretty rare there.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:31 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
And why do people want to vote for this flip flopper?
Any port in a storm.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yet, amazingly, my 3 children are all successful well adjusted and happy. Not one of them ever tries to hide the fact that they have 2 moms, it's all over the two oldest ones tumble and twitter accounts, and we are active in the youngest ones school, martial arts, and scouting groups.

Can you explain to me how bad their lives are?
Bravo to you, miss. I hope your partner and children are doing well. This is the America I believe in at work. If blood is thicker than water (kinship wise), then love is thicker than blood.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just had to get your religious, intolerant, bigoted jab in there, didn't you.
If you guys keep playing the Muslim card, which isn't even true, I don't see why I can't follow your example. Enough with the emoticons people, it makes posters look childish.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yet, amazingly, my 3 children are all successful well adjusted and happy. Not one of them ever tries to hide the fact that they have 2 moms, it's all over the two oldest ones tumble and twitter accounts, and we are active in the youngest ones school, martial arts, and scouting groups.

Can you explain to me how bad their lives are?
It is biologically and socially impossible to have "two moms".

Your children have two guardians.

They only have one mother - you - because you gave birth to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies