Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm a guy who's had my nose broken a few times, I know the look.
If Zimmerman's nose was broken, it certainly was NOT life-threatening, as he was not even hospitalized for any of his "injuries." As you say, you've had your nose broken a few times and seems you're still alive. Were you hospitalized for a broken nose? Were you in a coma?

And we still don't know whether or not Zimmerman's nose was in fact broken. That is something we will hear about at the trial from the defense IF IT WERE BROKEN, assuming one can tell from x-rays whether or not a nose has been broken. Of course he could have had his nose broken long before the incident with Martin.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are you an ENT or something? Swelling can make a nose look misshapen. Noses do not break that easily. We usually advise our patients to wait until the swelling subsides a little before coming in for evaluation. Apparently the doctor he did go to couldn't tell for sure, yet you can?
The doctor reported, 'Nasal bones, closed fracture, likely broken.'

Let's face it. Whether his nose was broken, fractured, simply swollen and bleeding, does it really matter that much ?

The narrative began with gz suffered No injuries and morphed to he didn't suffer life-threatening injuries. In between, there are he could have inflicted the injuries himself; the family doctor fudged the report; so what if he had injuries, tm was acting in self-defense.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Let's face it. Whether his nose was broken, fractured, simply swollen and bleeding, does it really matter that much ?

The narrative began with gz suffered No injuries and morphed to he didn't suffer life-threatening injuries. In between, there are he could have inflicted the injuries himself; the family doctor fudged the report; so what if he had injuries, tm was acting in self-defense.
Got a link to that report?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If Zimmerman's nose was broken, it certainly was NOT life-threatening, as he was not even hospitalized for any of his "injuries." As you say, you've had your nose broken a few times and seems you're still alive. Were you hospitalized for a broken nose? Were you in a coma?

And we still don't know whether or not Zimmerman's nose was in fact broken. That is something we will hear about at the trial from the defense IF IT WERE BROKEN, assuming one can tell from x-rays whether or not a nose has been broken. Of course he could have had his nose broken long before the incident with Martin.
I've never had someone on top of be bashing my head into the ground so I can't say what that feels like but if George Zimmerman claims that he was in fear for his life I believe him unless someone can prove otherwise.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Got a link to that report?
Fascinating. In post 1038, you wrote --- "Apparently the doctor he did go to couldn't tell for sure, yet you can?" --- yet, you Don't have the medical report ?

To answer your question, yes, I have a link to the report.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Fascinating. In post 1038, you wrote --- "Apparently the doctor he did go to couldn't tell for sure, yet you can?" --- yet, you Don't have the medical report ?

To answer your question, yes, I have a link to the report.
Nice.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:

The narrative began with gz suffered No injuries and morphed to
Quote:
he didn't suffer life-threatening injuries
. In between, there are he could have inflicted the injuries himself; the family doctor fudged the report; so what if he had injuries, tm was acting in self-defense.
Maybe not at that point, but who knows what would have happened had TM continued to pummel Z.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
"Excuse me son, do you live in this development or are you visiting. Sorry to bother you, but I am the neighborhood watch person and I don't recognize you...just trying to keep the neighborhhod safe for everyone that lives here".

That is all it would have taken on Zimmerman's part to avoid this tragedy. More than likely Trayvon Martin would have explained that he was visiting his dad's girlfriend with his dad and that would have been the end of it.

I think Zimmerman actually wanted to make more drama out of an innocuous situation, not to kill Trayvon, but kind of hoping that he (Zimmerman) was actually stopping a crime. Introducing himself to Trayvon and his motive for following him just would have been too humdrum for Zimmerman in his self-deluded world of being some type of hero.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
but who knows what would have happened had TM continued to pummel Z.
Or what might have happened - or NOT happened - if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck, done what a neighborhood watch person is supposed to do (observe), and waited for the police to come and question a young black male about what he was doing with an Arizona Ice Tea and a bag of skittles in his pocket.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Or what might have happened - or NOT happened - if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck, done what a neighborhood watch person is supposed to do (observe), and waited for the police to come and question a young black male about what he was doing with an Arizona Ice Tea and a bag of skittles in his pocket.
That's irrelevant. He didn't have to stay in his car.

Following Martin doesn't excuse Martin's criminal attack on Zimmerman.

However, Martin's criminal attack on mean does excuse Zimmerman shooting the hoodlum.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.