Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The only reason George Zimmerman was charged was the public outcry for what they feel was an injustice based on nothing more than emotion and racism. George was initially not charged but when it came to the point where riots were going to start breaking out he was charged. It had nothing to do with them finding more evidence, it was because of the public demanding that something be done regardless of evidence or facts.
If one of my kids was killed by some wannabee cop b/c he thought she looked suspicious, you can bet you sweet bippy that I'd pursue a murder charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What's sort of funny is that a bunch of people, I don't know if you're among them, believe gz acted stupidly, recklessly, negligently. That's not murder, not even murder 2.

The fool is one who doesn't realize that the issue is, the purpose of the trial is for the jury to decide, "what crime, if any, did he commit." Unless FL. has a crime known as 'killing.'
It can be if you kill someone while acting as above in bold.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If one of my kids was killed by some wannabee cop b/c he thought she looked suspicious, you can bet you sweet bippy that I'd pursue a murder charge.
And if your child is killed beating someone with deadly force???

Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post

Well, obviously GZ was not being beaten with deadly force. He's alive! And his injuries do not support that he would have been killed if he hadn't killed Trayvon. He did not require hospitalization, or even medical attention.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:

deadly force has not been established in Zimmerman's case yet. You have to wait for the trial to hear what evidence is presented.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are being very presumptuous. You do NOT know that's true.
And you don't know it's not...

But the man that called 911 DID corroborate this account so who is being presumptuous?

And a changed witness story MONTHS after the fact don't hold the same weight as a statement made the night if the shooting...

Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,763 times
Travon was going home on a public sidewalk.

Zimmerman was going to Travon on the public sidewalk.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
deadly force has not been established in Zimmerman's case yet. You have to wait for the trial to hear what evidence is presented.
The trial notwithstanding, the photos and witness statements establish deadly force...

Which is why the cops didn't arrest him right away. We all know how cops just let murder suspects walk when evidence suggests they are guilty.

Since you "work" in the legal field you should know that beating someone in the head qualifies as deadly force.

As someone that works in the healthcare field I know that it is absolutely true.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:24 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That doesn't surprise me........
Hand to hand combat does that to a guy, you're welcome.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:26 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:

But the man that called 911 DID corroborate this account so who is being presumptuous?
Link?

Quote:
And a changed witness story MONTHS after the fact don't hold the same weight as a statement made the night if the shooting...
Lol I love how you went back and added the above sentence while I was getting ready to respond to the first part.

I think that's called Covering Your Ass. Hahaha...

But that aside, can you please provide a link to support that 1) the witness changed his/her statement and 2) that it is written somewhere that if a witness does changes his/her statement, their first statement carries the most weight.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:

Yeah, actually, when people make statements in the heat of the moment, then later, under oath, giving a deposition, they make contradictory statements, their testimony is severely damaged and they are completely open to being impeached on the witness stand. Oh. Do you know what a deposition is and why attorneys take them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies