Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What if he was on "psychotropic" medications? What medications was he allegedly on (and I really don't know, I hadn't heard about him being on anything).

Here you go...and we'll never know if he'd been drinking as well.

The prescription drugs George Zimmerman was taking when he killed Trayvon Martin - Miami healthy living | Examiner.com

I hope other posters bother to read it.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I'm getting a little tired of this claim. Zimmerman knew that there had been burglaries in his neighborhood. It was raining when Zimmerman called the police and reported that someone he did not know was cutting between houses in the rain in his development, and Zimmerman reported it looked like the person was on drugs. There were burglaries in the neighborhood. Martin did not live there, so Zimmerman would not have recognized him. It was raining and Martin did have drugs in his system and was known to use drugs. Although Martin might not have been engaged in criminal activity at the time, there was certainly enough reason for Zimmerman to investigate further.
Everything you just wrote is true except for

Quote:
Martin did not live there, so Zimmerman would not have recognized him.
Do you know many townhouses are in that community? The woman Trayvon Martin was staying with had lived in the same home for 4 or 5 years had never met George Zimmerman. Many of the approximately 500 residents never heard of George Zimmerman either. You write as if he was somebody important. He did not work for the HOA or was even on the board. He was not one of the managers of the development. He was only a volunteer. Why are you giving him some kind of authority when he had none? Were visitors supposed to check in with George Zimmerman? Was there ever a newsletter sent to residents of the community instructing them to meet with George Zimmerman or let him know when they were expecting company?

Quote:
It was raining and Martin did have drugs in his system and was known to use drugs.
Really? George Zimmerman never met Trayvon Martin. Was he psychic? There was no indication Martin was high when he was killed. In fact, I'm guessing the drugs in Zimmerman's system affected his judgment, but I don't see any mention of them in your post.

Quote:
It was raining
This is Florida. It rains a lot in Florida and people often drive or walk in the rain. What's your point? The other night I had a craving for ice cream and went out late at night to Walmart. Was I acting suspiciously?
Quote:
Although Martin might not have been engaged in criminal activity at the time, there was certainly enough reason for Zimmerman to investigate further.
So far, you haven't given me a single reason why Zimmerman had any reason whatsoever to "investigate" since it was none of his business. Read the Neighborhood Watch brochure that was handed out to the 20 or so people who attended the training session a few months earlier. It clearly says:

"It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers."

"Neighborhood watch volunteers shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles."

"Members should never confront suspicious persons."

There are dozens of posts on the earlier threads about this case with links.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You're just plain funny.

Don't give up your day job to be a writer. You're not good, even at fiction.
Thanks for that pointless little dig If you don't like what I'm saying, then I know I'm on the right path.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
What’s amazing is all the new facts that’s been surfacing in the last few months that the media and “po’ little tra’von” supporters are ignoring.

I sure hope Florida is ready for the riots when Z walks free than sues the snot out of all the people involved in this travesty of justice.
Poor little Z is looking for some donations as his money is going, going and almost gone. You could surely send him a nice Christmas present.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM

518 posts, read 406,781 times
Zimmerman may end up beating the rap on this thing, thanks to this outrageously bad law and the hideous court system in Florida that seems intent on applying a liberal interpretation of the laws.

I think the superficial evidence might support Zimmerman's arguments, but when one looks at the whole chain of events, I'm sorry, but all of this was of Zimmerman's making. Following a stranger in the dark may be allowed by law, but it's unwise, and it is the sort of thing that can make the person being followed suspicious and edgy. What's getting lost also is the fact that Zimmerman's footpath means it is likely that he was the one who intercepted Martin. When the confrontation took place, Martin may have wanted to go back to his temporary residence, but now had to get past Zimmerman, who had effectively blocked his return path home. That's a confrontation in and of itself, but Zimmerman operated with the knowledge that he possessed deadly force in case things got out of hand (which they apparently did).

Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Here you go...and we'll never know if he'd been drinking as well.

The prescription drugs George Zimmerman was taking when he killed Trayvon Martin - Miami healthy living | Examiner.com

I hope other posters bother to read it.
That link didn't work for me, but a search revealed that Zimmerman was allegedly taking Temazepam, a weak benzo. Beznos usually calm you down, they don't make you crazy unless you have a substantial history of abuse. And people with a substantial history of benzo abuse don't typically abuse sleep aids...

Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Everything you just wrote is true except for

Do you know many townhouses are in that community? The woman Trayvon Martin was staying with had lived in the same home for 4 or 5 years had never met George Zimmerman. Many of the approximately 500 residents never heard of George Zimmerman either. You write as if he was somebody important. He did not work for the HOA or was even on the board. He was not one of the managers of the development. He was only a volunteer. Why are you giving him some kind of authority when he had none? Were visitors supposed to check in with George Zimmerman? Was there ever a newsletter sent to residents of the community instructing them to meet with George Zimmerman or let him know when they were expecting company?

Really? George Zimmerman never met Trayvon Martin. Was he psychic? There was no indication Martin was high when he was killed. In fact, I'm guessing the drugs in Zimmerman's system affected his judgment, but I don't see any mention of them in your post.

This is Florida. It rains a lot in Florida and people often drive or walk in the rain. What's your point? The other night I had a craving for ice cream and went out late at night to Walmart. Was I acting suspiciously?
So far, you haven't given me a single reason why Zimmerman had any reason whatsoever to "investigate" since it was none of his business. Read the Neighborhood Watch brochure that was handed out to the 20 or so people who attended the training session a few months earlier. It clearly says:

"It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers."

"Neighborhood watch volunteers shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles."

"Members should never confront suspicious persons."

There are dozens of posts on the earlier threads about this case with links.
The circumstances did warrant further investigation, you just choose not to accept that interpretation. A neighborhood watch program is not required to follow those guidelines, and even if it was Zimmerman was not even on "watch" at the time. There is nothing illegal about asking a suspicious-acting person what they are doing in your development. If Martin pursued Zimmerman (Zimmerman's side), or if he assaulted Zimmerman after Zimmerman confronted him, then Zimmerman is still entitled to a self-defense stance. The problem is that we will never a get a fair judgment of the facts because the media has hopelessly tainted the jury pool.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You are spending so much time deflecting from the real issues here.

Trayvon was beating Zimmerman to death. Felonious Assault. Regardless of what happened up to that point, Zimmerman had a right to walk and be concerned/inquisitive without being attacked by Martin. Martin had ample opportunity to go home or call the police about being followed, but he doubled back and attacked Zimmerman.
If he was being beaten to death then why didn't Zimmerman need medical attention?

Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
So far with the evidence....Zimmerman would be commended for saving his life in the process of being murdered. Not only would he have been completely stunned by the blow to the nose, the killer was slamming his head against concrete.

If a women was standing there with a gun in witness to this madness, slamming his head against concrete with the blows to the face in place, she would be fully regretful not having pulled the trigger right away dis-allowing the murderous event, and she would have been well honored by society for having the courage to do so. Regardless of race, ect. Everyone knows this.

Unless this can be properly argued, Zimmerman is to be commended for saving his life in a miraculous way in that condition.

I await one argument that is brought forward which can focus on this issue rather then the very sad excuse for human reasoning Ive seen in this thread thus far.

With the known evidence, those who mock the value of a man's life and the right to self protect, ought to be fully ashamed of themselves....The only permissible emotion is prayers for the soul of the lad who passed on, and thanks to God that yet another human being did not come to end by murder, for absolutely no reason.

I'm very dis-appointed in some of these callously marked out translations which can do nothing but insult creation.

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-04-2012 at 07:39 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Thanks for that pointless little dig If you don't like what I'm saying, then I know I'm on the right path.
indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies