Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's what I said in my post, isn't it? Maybe not, but I've always maintained that he is responsible for the death of Trayvon Martin and feel he should be convicted on manslaughter. Maybe you thought I was saying that, because there were no credible witnesses who saw what really happened, he will/should go free. I realize in Florida someone can be convicted of 2nd degree murder without premeditation, but with his injuries and knowing he first called 911, I don't think he set out to kill someone. I'm not arguing with you, since the trial hasn't started and there might be a lot more we don't know about that night. This is what I found online to describe 2nd degree murder in Florida.

Murder with a Depraved Mind

Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life.

It's "possible" that Zimmerman is a hateful racist, but I see no indication of this at all.
Yes, I think we're on the same page. I understand now what you were saying.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
^^ Probably one of the worst posters on here about this case and you bring up evidence?

HOW ABOUT THE PHOTOS?? That you previously claimed didn't exist or were doctored?

Zimmerman is guilty of SLAMMING his HEAD into Martin's fists right?
OMG, that's the truth. It's hilarious. Especially with the ignore button in full ON mode.

lol.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, I think we're on the same page. I understand now what you were saying.
Sorry, I just edited my post so I wouldn't sound argumentative! LOL But you apparently didn't think I was, so it probably wasn't necessary!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OMG, that's the truth. It's hilarious. Especially with the ignore button in full ON mode.

lol.

I stopped posting on this subject for months because (a) there was nothing new to post about and (b) people on this board love to argue and toss out insults or any other garbage that might seep into their minds, rather than participate in a civil discussion. I notice this is a pattern and the same people post similarly in other forums. In other words "if you disagree with me, you're a moron!" I often wonder how they can go through life being so angry.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Are you aware that there was no DNA from Martin found on Zimmerman, even though Zimmerman claims Martin was on top of him when he fired the gun.......not one tiny drop of blood fell from Martin's body onto Zimmerman, and there was no DNA from Martin on the gun Zimmerman used to shoot him at very close range?
You are wrong again.

Quote:
George Zimmerman new evidence Trayvon Martin - Orlando Sentinel Prosecutor Angela Corey released some DNA evidence May 17 but more details today. Records from the FDLE's Orlando lab show scientists there found a Trayvon-Zimmerman DNA mixture in a blood stain on Zimmerman's red-orange jacket.
Zimmerman's DNA was found in a stain on Trayvon's shirt. Scientists found on that same piece of clothing a Zimmerman-Trayvon mix of DNA, they reported.

In a re-enactment for Sanford police the next day, Zimmerman did not say or show that the two had struggled over the gun, only that Trayvon had extended his hand toward it.

DNA from Zimmerman and another person was found on the gun, but they were not able to identify who the DNA belonged to. There is nothing conclusive about that.

Quote:
New George Zimmerman documents: Police call shooting 'avoidable'
Meanwhile, DNA forensics of the gun used that night show that Zimmerman's DNA is on the firearm, except for the trigger.

According to the report, another individual's DNA was on the gun, but experts could not identify whose it is.
Zimmerman claimed Martin reached for the gun and that's when he fired.
But there are different descriptions of the gunshot wound to Martin. The Volusia County Medical Examiner said the shot was at a "intermediate range."
However, the FDLE report notes residue from the gun is consistent with a "contact shot."
Quote:
Tests only identify Zimmerman's DNA on handgun
"There's certainly nothing new that proves the elements of the crime," said Randy Reep, a criminal defense attorney in Jacksonville. "We frequently see gun crimes with no DNA with people who didn't have on a glove. It's not a great surface for DNA, that's been my experience."

Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
How do you know? Have you read the entire court file and investigated all the evidence available? You do know that the Clerk's Office has opened the file to the public online, don't you?

I disagree with your "assessment" because there are constant changes in these types of cases during the discovery process. Just one simple example is that we do not have the deposition of the girl who was talking to Martin on the phone just prior to his being killed.
fyi --- DeeDee's deposition to the state was in discovery and is public.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
How do you know? Have you read the entire court file and investigated all the evidence available? You do know that the Clerk's Office has opened the file to the public online, don't you?

I disagree with your "assessment" because there are constant changes in these types of cases during the discovery process. Just one simple example is that we do not have the deposition of the girl who was talking to Martin on the phone just prior to his being killed.
Yes I have read through all 284 pages of documents that are available, watched the walk through of the crime scene with George Zimmerman a couple of times and listened to the recording DeeDee's deposition. All of the information available corroborated and substantiated Zimmerman's account of the events, including the eye witness statements of the people who lived in the houses immediately adjacent to the scene of the shooting.

Some of the new information which I found interesting is that George first saw Treyvon standing on the grass between two houses that had previously been burglarized, not walking down a sidewalk. This gives George good reason to have suspected Treyvon was up to no good. Also the skin on one of Treyvon's knuckles was broken which substantiates the claim that Treyvon assaulted George. Also the photos of the front and back of Georges head are pretty damning evidence that he was viciously assaulted.

Last edited by CptnRn; 12-07-2012 at 04:23 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times
hang his fat ass
o and bloody head doesnt mean anyth, if u chase me and try to attack me, im beatin yo head too, martin was defending himself from the racist aggressor, its obvious that zimmerman tried to "arrest" him and put him on the ground cuz hes a wannabe cop, instead got a bloody head and shot martin cuz he was "resisting arrest"

Last edited by OleSchoolFool; 12-07-2012 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Ihave no clue where that guy lives, but it's actually republicans who mostly don't care. "Stop the violence" events are a dime a dozen in black communities, and Obama's most forceful action against violence was in response to the Derrion Albert killing. Republicans are very rare in black communities, so they simply have no idea what's happening in those communities.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. And both you and Sweet Little Trayvon will be 6' under.

lolol.
a gun makes u tuff? a real man huh
no, actually ill take it and shoot you wit yo own sh1t and then get off ez cuz u were the aggressor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies