Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
You don't know much, do you?
I know that the 911 operator isn't a police officer which is apparently a lot more than you know.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How does stating a basic fact make me a racist pig? Are you high too?
Random allusions to watermelon just came spontaneously, huh? FYI, I have never been high or drunk. Can you say the same?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
So if you attack me and I get the upper hand, I can no longer claim self-defense?

By this logic Zimmerman is done because he had the final upper hand.
When did Zimmerman attack Trayvon? Where is the proof/evidence that ever took place?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And your point is what exactly?
My point is(and it isn't hard to figure out) is that Zimmerman was advised by 911 dispatch to not get out of his car and pursue Martin and he did it anyway.

The exact words were from 911 was "we don't need you do that" when Zimmerman offered to follow Martin, he said "OK". agreeing to not follow Martin..and then got out of his car.

Zimmerman has a history, prior to this he tackled a suspected shoplifter in the parking lot of a store, even though management asked him not to get involved. He was a customer in the store, not an employee.

He is a frustrated "wannabe" cop. They can be very dangerous people.

There was another case in FL that was recently settled that didn't get as much coverage involving a man name Trevor Dooley. He is a black man who shot and killed his neighbor in a Tampa area neighborhood.

Dooley was sitting in his house looking at the window and saw a teenage boy using a skateboard on the basketball court, a violation of the homeowner's association rules.

Like many retirees in FL Dooley doesn't have enough to do so they look for things like people having the wrong color mailbox or someones grass is an inch too high...LOL.

So Dooley went out with his gun and when a 42 yr old Iraqi war veteran stepped in to defend the teenager(neither man was related to this kid) Dooley shot the 42yr old dead in front of the man's 8 yr old daughter.

The good news is Dooley got jail time, not enough but it is better than nothing.

I'm a big supporter of the 2nd ammendment but FL is out of control with the Stand Your Ground Law, many times road rage disputes and disputes between neighbors end up with someone dead.

Hopefully the Dooley verdict will get some of these hotheads to leave the gun in the house when you need to talk to their neighbor over something as trivial as their dog using your lawn as a toilet or their teen driving too fast down the street.

FL gets a lot of tranplants who think all of a sudden they're Wyatt Earp.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Random allusions to watermelon just came spontaneously, huh? FYI, I have never been high or drunk. Can you say the same?
You're kidding right? How can you be so completely ignorant of the FACTS in this case and still claim to know exactly what took place.

Trayvon Martin was carrying a can of Watermelon drink at the time. Have you even looked at the crime scene photos?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
My point is(and it isn't hard to figure out) is that Zimmerman was advised by 911 dispatch to not get out of his car and pursue Martin and he did it anyway.

The exact words were from 911 was "we don't need you do that" when Zimmerman offered to follow Martin, he said "OK". agreeing to not follow Martin..and then got out of his car.

Zimmerman has a history, prior to this he tackled a suspected shoplifter in the parking lot of a store, even though management asked him not to get involved. He was a customer in the store, not an employee.

He is a frustrated "wannabe" cop. They can be very dangerous people.

There was another case in FL that was recently settled that didn't get as much coverage involving a man name Trevor Dooley. He is a black man who shot and killed his neighbor in a Tampa area neighborhood.

Dooley was sitting in his house looking at the window and saw a teenage boy using a skateboard on the basketball court, a violation of the homeowner's association rules.

Like many retirees in FL Dooley doesn't have enough to do so they look for things like people having the wrong color mailbox or someones grass is an inch too high...LOL.

So Dooley went out with his gun and when a 42 yr old Iraqi war veteran stepped in to defend the teenager(neither man was related to this kid) Dooley shot the 42yr old dead in front of the man's 8 yr old daughter.

The good news is Dooley got jail time, not enough but it is better than nothing.

I'm a big supporter of the 2nd ammendment but FL is out of control with the Stand Your Ground Law, many times road rage disputes and disputes between neighbors end up with someone dead.

Hopefully the Dooley verdict will get some of these hotheads to leave the gun in the house when you need to talk to their neighbor over something as trivial as their dog using your lawn as a toilet or their teen driving too fast down the street.

FL gets a lot of tranplants who think all of a sudden they're Wyatt Earp.
No, no, no. All the evidence shows that Zimmerman was headed back to his vehicle after he said OK. Also, it doesn't matter what 911 told him to do, they aren't the law.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Well apparantly it didn't apply to Trayvon Martin when Zimmerman decided that he was the judge, jury and executioner.
This^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Zimmerman was supposed to watch the neighborhood. It is the Sanford PD's job to protect the neighborhood. He got out of a car carrying a gun to follow someone on a dark rainy night. What was the boy supposed to think that Zimmerman wanted to give him some candy or ask for directions? What Zimmerman did was extremely idiotic and resulted in him taking a life, the life of someone's child at that. Trayvon Martin had just as much of a right to stand his ground as Zimmerman did and there is no proof that Trayvon was doing anything wrong. So what exactly was Zimmerman protecting?

If Zimmerman had simply stayed in his vehicle, he would have been better off and Trayvon Martin would probably still be alive. Wouldn't you agree? It's up to the jury to decide, but I am entitled to my opinion. Did you have one on the OJ case? Casey Anthony? Charles Manson? Did you say the same about all of them?
And this^^^^

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're kidding right? How can you be so completely ignorant of the FACTS in this case and still claim to know exactly what took place.

Trayvon Martin was carrying a can of Watermelon drink at the time. Have you even looked at the crime scene photos?

99% of the Trayvon supporters THINK they know everything about this case, but are among the most clueless of the facts.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This^^^^

And this^^^^
If Martin never attacked Zimmerman he would still be alive...

THIS^^^^

Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I actually can say the same thing, the real question is can you apologize for calling me a racist pig due to your own ignorance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies