Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times

Advertisements

I don't agree with Tom very much on the issues, but his character has never been in question. He is an honest person. He has a problem with Foxes lies. You can tell his uncomfortable calling anyone a liar, but he confront's O'Reilly. I won't spoil then ending of this video, but it is fun to watch.

O'Reilly Completely Busted on His Lies - YouTube

Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
The same argument could be made for the clowns at MSNBC and liberal credibility.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Oh boy, ANOTHER Fox news bash from hotair2....

Blinders on to everything negative said about the progressive liberal news organizations, isn't it awesome?

Why is it some people are totally unable to grasp the concept that ALL news outlets twist and sensationalize what they report?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
A rare moment of sanity. Even their GOP hacks know the network is BS

Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The same argument could be made for the clowns at MSNBC and liberal credibility.
Hardly anyone watches MSNBC.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Hardly anyone watches MSNBC.
I guess I don't count.

MSNBC isn't on a lot of line-ups, at least here in Florida. I lived in a couple of areas where it wasn't offered by DISH or Direct TV except on premium packages. Why? Probably because those areas are very conservative. CNN and Fox News were both on their basic packages. So that could have a direct effect on the numbers, but I know a lot of people who enjoy watching MSNBC.

Anyway I watch MSNBC a lot, although I realize it's very left leaning. I'll even disagree with the hosts, the same way I disagree with CNN hosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Fox News is the best thing for Democrats. It makes it hard to be a Republican because you don't want to be associated with a bunch of lying deceitful scare tactics group of people. It gives Republicans a very bad image.
I've watched Fox from time to time and, for anyone to complain that MSNBC is too liberal is a joke, since Fox is definitely a mouthpiece for the right-wing extremists. I know Republicans who think some of the Fox shows (like Fox and Friends) are an embarrassment and don't represent the real Republicans. Unfortunately, the GOP doesn't exist any more. It should be called the GOTP.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess I don't count.

MSNBC isn't on a lot of line-ups, at least here in Florida. I lived in a couple of areas where it wasn't offered by DISH or Direct TV except on premium packages. Why? CNN and Fox News were both on their basic packages. So that could have a direct effect on the numbers. Anyway I enjoy watching MSNBC although I realize it's very left leaning. I'll even disagree with them, the same way I disagree with CNN. I've watched Fox from time to time and, for anyone to complain that MSNBC is too liberal is a joke, since Fox is definitely a mouthpiece for the right-wing.
I said "hardly anyone," not "no one." And let's not play the Fox loons game in which higher audience numbers somehow correlate to higher programming quality. Normally the inverse is true.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess I don't count.

MSNBC isn't on a lot of line-ups, at least here in Florida. I lived in a couple of areas where it wasn't offered by DISH or Direct TV except on premium packages. Why? Probably because those areas are very conservative. CNN and Fox News were both on their basic packages. So that could have a direct effect on the numbers, but I know a lot of people who enjoy watching MSNBC.

Anyway I watch MSNBC a lot, although I realize it's very left leaning. I'll even disagree with the hosts, the same way I disagree with CNN hosts.

I've watched Fox from time to time and, for anyone to complain that MSNBC is too liberal is a joke, since Fox is definitely a mouthpiece for the right-wing.
Nothing wrong with watching MSNBC OR Fox for that matter as long as you don't believe everything that you hear, which sounds like you don't. If a person has a weak mind, they should probably not watch fox. You may start to believe the BS.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

Normally the inverse is true.
True. "Meet The Press" and "Face The Nation" are down in ratings.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:06 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Neither Glenn Beck, Hannity, nor O'Reilly are hard news shows. They are political commentators and are quite up front about that, as is Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies