Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I agree with your larger point, but first there are ONLY 1.5million families who receive direct welfare payments. Most of the people on welfare are children, the disabled, the elderly, etc.

You don't know who most people on welfare voted. You don't know what percentage of those people voted.
Ok, that's TANF. There are 82 other means tested welfare programs.
The total cost is over $1 trillion per year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Why is that? There are no break downs when right-wingers call Democrats moochers and say that they voted for Obama for handouts. There was no break down of Romeny's 47%.

This says it all:

Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth - Businessweek

The whole liberals want handouts and conservatives are hardworking BS is just that. It is a lie and liberals know it. Funny how right-wingers want proof when it contradicts them, but when it's something they agree with or want to believe, facts are not a factor.
First, I wasn't responding to any of those "right-wingers" as you call them. What anyone else says has no bearing on what you say.

Second, I thought I was going to have an adult conversation on the subject so I asked for some clarity.

With a name like "Facts Please" I thought you wanted to discuss real facts. I guess your name is just an oxymoron.

If you just want to throw out insulting name calling generalities with NO facts, and aren't willing to clarify your opinions, you are just wasting my time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies