Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Just because a very small majority of Americans voted for Obama vs Romney did not suddenly convince me that Obama is the savior of America and that rivers of gold will be flowing from Washington now.
Nor rivers of gold but rivers of paper backed by nothing except the credit of a government where fiscal responsibility is an oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Because we are unwilling to destroy the nation with debt to stay in power.

The point is not to win for the sake of getting more sprinkles on our sundae, but to secure liberty and prosperity for our children.

This nation was handed to us by our ancestors and borrowed from or children.

We have no right to run up the debt in the next generation's name.
REP+1

Old 11-10-2012, 04:19 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Quote:
Also I REALLY want a bigger push for HS education on basic finances, taxes budgets, etc... put into High School.
I agree but we will need to raise local taxes and put them into the school systems. Teachers need to be paid the correct wage that matched there education.

You want good teachers you need to pay them or you end up with people taking the job and not being the best at it
NO,

before I say anything. My mother is a long time teacher, like 30 years, also my wife is currently working in the school systems as well.

Their pay is spot on for their job. Does a college graduate teacher make as much as a college graduate person in business/industry?

NOPE

but when you calculate, spring break, xmas break, summer vacation, every bank holiday availible, M-F, no weekends, there are ALOT of perks.

Actually one reason my wife took a good $15k-20k paycut is the hours are so much better for us to raise our children then her working in a normal job.

As for school spending, years growing up, my mom came home daily and bitched about mismanagement, wasted money, which lead to huge budget cuts, money wasted, etc...

One prime example is SMART boards. Apparently these things are about $15k a piece and a great teaching aid. Put in lots of classrooms. Cool my mom used to joke about how she figured out how to use it, but alot of the other teachers especially the older ones were scared of it and never used it and it sat in the corner of the room collecting dust, do to mismanagement and not enough training.

But this is where all the teacher and school employees, as stated in my original thread, feel they are worth more, then possible are, and will ***** unionize and hold the schoolboards hostage.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 PM

Sociology and education majors are, on average, the dumbest students on campus.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:24 PM

68 posts, read 52,488 times
We've become a nation of leeches...especially the minority community...

Give me the "Obama bucks!"

Give me the "Obama bucks!" - YouTube

Old 11-10-2012, 04:24 PM

I want free beer!!

Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Made me realize that Americans are overwhelmingly more interested in themselves than the survival of our country. Sad.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
I guess we must agree to disagree. The hours worked are harder then what ever you do. Dealing with 25-30 kids at a time is hard. Dealing with parents good and bad requires great skill. Having a political party demonizeing your profession is amazingly a moral killer. Math and science ability and to be able to teach it so your students understand it is priceless.

Nope they arent paid enough.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Monday morning quarterbacking is going full force. Folks are in the midst of all sorts of interpretations of the election and what it says about our national dialogue, demographics, future,etc.

I am curious C-D colleagues, did the outcome of the 2012 change your views on any of your political positions?

I'll jump in the fray at some point, but not yet. I don't want to push the thread discussion in any specific direction. I am open, curious about whatever you want to discuss.
Not for me. it didn't.

I'm still dumbfounded that even with our historically bad economy under this president, that people were prompted to re-elect him, because they wanted four more years of debt and stagnation.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM

"obama voters dig up jefferson and crap on him", google that and you get 6,250,000 hits. It is a damn shame, them Obama voters have no respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies