Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Elections have concequences.

The sooner you libs understand that it's not because Obama won that they are laying folks off, but because of the COST of Obamacare, the better.
I suspect that some companies will lay people off and increase prices. The ones that are doing it publicly ARE doing it to protest Obama's win. There is no other reason to do it publicly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 12:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Yet another who misses the entire point of why prices will be going up and you wonder why I think liberals are dumb. Your still caught up in your Herman Cain had no shot at the election mantra. Of course you don't give a sheet about anybody else. All you care is about yourself and what you will be getting...........paid for by others. All these liberal ranting threads all go back to that point. What is in it for me and who else will be paying for it. According to you the evil rich people should be paying for everything you want. And you say they are the greedy ones. lol

Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
It's not just pizza that is going to increase in price: everything is. The CEO only made a point of mentioning this and turning it into a poltical point, but the truth is, due to our dollar trading low against gold, (and this is due our treasury cranking out the printing press) we are paying more for everything, principally, fuel. Trader Joe's, Wegmans, Whole Foods, etc, everything has gone up, it's just that the price increases aren't posted publicly every day like gas or Papa John's. If this were the case, liberals would tend to be very upset at these increases, as much as anybody else.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:12 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yet another who misses the entire point of why prices will be going up and you wonder why I think liberals are dumb. Your still caught up in your Herman Cain had no shot at the election mantra. Of course you don't give a sheet about anybody else. All you care is about yourself and what you will be getting...........paid for by others. All these liberal ranting threads all go back to that point. What is in it for me and who else will be paying for it. According to you the evil rich people should be paying for everything you want. And you say they are the greedy ones. lol
No, I actually understand it perfectly, if you read my posts, I agree completely about price increases.

I'm a dick because I don't care about Herman Cain, and that somehow logically means I want free stuff from people?

You're not listening to what I'm saying and now you're putting words in my mouth.

Stop talking to imaginary liberals in your head and talk to actual people. You sound very ignorant.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:21 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
I have always loved Papa John's Better pizza, better ingredients, Papa John's! John Schnatter is an American success story and I don't care if the guy lives in a 100 bedroom house, he worked his ass off and he deserves every bit of it.

The dumb Liberals are not only jealous of people like John but they also believe that a guy like John has some sort of "social obligation" to share his wealth with other people.

The guy is a successful businessman and any person who is in business, knows that trying to maximize profits is the only reason why a company should exist

I don't even understand why what he said should be considered "controversial"-

Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

In the 1950s and 1960s, the American worker was able to support a family of a stay at home wife and 2.5 kids on ONE SALARY. He had a pension, and benefits for himself and his entire family. He typically could buy a home and a car on his salary. He had vacation. During this time, the top income tax rates were much higher than they are today, though CEO salaries were much less in proportion to what the average worker in his company made.

This is considered the greatest era of American economy. The great expansion of the American middle class occurred during this time. Prosperity and a real chance for social mobility.

Slowly, however, social darwinist man-children, (AKA, the cowboy capitalist Republicants) destroyed the American worker, led to the destruction of families and an erosion of the middle class lifestyle as they stripped away unions and worker protections and benefits. Somehow, they managed to blame it on free love hippies, and laughed their @sses off all the way to the bank.

The "new normal" is here, and it has NOTHING to do with Obamacare!

Old 11-12-2012, 01:35 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have always loved Papa John's Better pizza, better ingredients, Papa John's! John Schnatter is an American success story and I don't care if the guy lives in a 100 bedroom house, he worked his ass off and he deserves every bit of it.

The dumb Liberals are not only jealous of people like John but they also believe that a guy like John has some sort of "social obligation" to share his wealth with other people.

The guy is a successful businessman and any person who is in business, knows that trying to maximize profits is the only reason why a company should exist

I don't even understand why what he said should be considered "controversial"-
I doubt he will maximize profits by pissing off half his clientele and his employees.

What he will accomplish is to destroy the morale of the people who make money for him. It will cost him a great deal more than he is smart enough to see now.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:37 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I wonder about all the other price increases that occured, I guess it's ok if the owner just does it to make more profit? Either way, that pizza isn't good and it's a stupid businessman that mixes his customers up with his politics so I don't he got where he is by being more intelligent or anything.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:46 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
In the 1950s and 1960s, the American worker was able to support a family of a stay at home wife and 2.5 kids on ONE SALARY. He had a pension, and benefits for himself and his entire family. He typically could buy a home and a car on his salary. He had vacation. During this time, the top income tax rates were much higher than they are today, though CEO salaries were much less in proportion to what the average worker in his company made.

This is considered the greatest era of American economy. The great expansion of the American middle class occurred during this time. Prosperity and a real chance for social mobility.

Slowly, however, social darwinist man-children, (AKA, the cowboy capitalist Republicants) destroyed the American worker, led to the destruction of families and an erosion of the middle class lifestyle as they stripped away unions and worker protections and benefits. Somehow, they managed to blame it on free love hippies, and laughed their @sses off all the way to the bank.

The "new normal" is here, and it has NOTHING to do with Obamacare!

B-b-b-but, this ain't the 1950's or 1960's. GREED my friend! GREED! And I'm not just blaming CEOs, but the unions and our government as well! Everyone wants more more more! Not to mention companies are becoming more fascist, in how they treat people and butt into their personal lives!

Old 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Eating at/patronizing local businesses keeps money in your town, thereby increasing such businesses' economic viability and supporting the people they employ, who will then in theory at least spend part of that money at other local businesses. I think that is very patriotic, especially once you look at the investment portfolios of large U.S. food conglomerates. I thought Republicans were all about supporting and fostering the growth of small entrepreneurs and small businesses, which Papa John's and Applebee's decidedly are not. What could be wrong with helping your local economy grow and choosing to spend your discretionary dollars with small local entrepreneurs as opposed to big corporate chains? When I waited tables, I never worked for a big corporation, choosing instead local businesses. And, guess what, I got paid and treated a lot better according to friends who worked for big corporations. I'll admit that that evidence is anecdotal at best, but what evidence do you have, KUC? If you say that "corporate America was screwing their employees over so much guess what . . . they wouldn't have any employees," then you are assuming that there are a plethora of other jobs available. Is that really the case, though? I thought the point of this thread was that big corporations were going to start cutting back on employees. All the more reason for people to start working for local businesses, local restaurants in particular. That way, everyone wins. Less gross, sucky food, and more money in local pockets.
Commie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies