Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Yeah..it's so much easier to just say they are incompetent, greedy, spiteful, etc. than to admit Obamacare isn't working out as planned.

Emotions rather than business numbers..gotta love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Because if you dare question, or disagree with, a government policy, or let the paying consumer know how that government policy affects the price they have to pay, then that government will make your life hell. Yep, that's exactly what America is supposed to be about, right?

As long as your disagreement is based upon facts and not rumors, or out-and-out lies.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah..it's so much easier to just say they are incompetent, greedy, spiteful, etc. than to admit Obamacare isn't working out as planned.

Emotions rather than business numbers..gotta love it.
Where are your numbers?

There is no mandate for the very large majority of businesses. There's no evidence that as far as employees go, it's not working out as planned. It's not affecting businesses at all, for the most part.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 PM

151 posts, read 183,235 times
LMAO @ this thread

Greasy food is here to stay. Relax. It's not the end of the world! Butter, oil, salt and sugar are going nowhere!

If Hurricane whatever(never heard of that place and I live in the area) Papa Jones, Walmart or Dennis go Bankrupt, another "heart Desease for all" business will replace them

Lazy America is not gona start growing their own vegetables and cooking at home because their 3,000 calorie meal went up 5 or 90 cents. No way Jose! Give a break. We can only wish these Medicaid addicts and insurance abusers ate healthier.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 PM

753 posts, read 728,180 times
Turns out, the restaurant owner was ... well, not telling the truth.

BREAKING: Florida Restaurant Owner Will NOT Implement 'Obamacare Surcharge' ... Yet | Sunshine State News

Or, as he euphemistically puts it as he furiously backpedals, he was just 'speculating':
Quote:
Spokespersons for John Metz have clarified to the News that his comments were purely speculative.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post

BREAKING: Florida Restaurant Owner Will NOT Implement 'Obamacare Surcharge' ... Yet | Sunshine State News

Or, as he euphemistically puts it as he furiously backpedals, he was just 'speculating':
Somebody didn't like the consequences of all their tough talk I guess.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post

Man, I am PISSED.

We don't need this, none of us. We don't need, in an economy that needs all the help it can get, to have complete douchenozzles of this caliber crying Chicken Little in the town square eroding confidence and making people frightened for their jobs, because things didn't go their way.

Furthermore, there are legitimate concerns people have over any kind of sweeping govt legislation such as this that gets lost and marginalized by the squawking of fearmongers and those that repeat said drivel without understanding the reality, regurgitating the untruths in a never ending game of telephone that means nobody knows what the eff is actually occurring and where they should really place their concerns.

It will become a self fulfilling prophecy. We all need to band together and do the best thing for the country, not further divide and scare people so they won't make any investments into their fellow Americans.

It's irresponsible and it makes me sick. They share the responsibility if things go down the tubes. I have faith that there's still enough reasonable people that that won't happen, but sometimes I even I have my doubts.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is an ignorant post. The traditional costs of running a business is not enshrined in the ideal that health insurance MUST be paid for by an employer. That's why it's called a BENEFIT.
But if they did not have affordable benefits before and now they are pushed to do so now, just how much money were they pocketing before?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Papa John's provided insurance. My son worked there for 2 years p/t and had the option to sign up.
Where are you getting your information or are you making it up ?
I noticed that you said that he had the "option" you never said if he got it or not. You also failed to mention that it was proably too expensive for him and more than likely did not get it. I guess that he is back on your insurance thanks to OBAMACARE

Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Dems lost, too, and unfortunately you and the others will see that at some point in time. The entire country lost.
Please tell that to the millions of people that are finally getting healthcare that they otherwise would not have. I guess that you have a comfortable job with full benefits, so you can care less about the people that don't........that is so selfish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies