Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:24 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times

Advertisements

I had a thought. I am pro choice(if faced with the choice I would urge the girl I was with NOT to have an abortion). But I wonder how we will be viewed upon in the future on the topic of abortion.

In essence it kind of seems like an argument of when does a life become a life. Some religious groups go as far as wasting sperm(masterbation) is wasting god's life and bad. Some think its not a life until the brain starts developing much later on, after a heartbeat.

Example...

How do we view slave owners now? At the time slaves were thought of as humans to them it was the same as owning a horse. To use that seems repulsive and rediculous, but during those times they were thought of the same as livestock, not a human, so they felt what they were doing was not wrong. No more wrong then having a cow. It was not a human life. At the time a large part of the population disagreed and thought that slaves were human beings. Even to the point of being a part of the Civil War.

The Nazis, they viewed Jews not a human life, we know the history of concetration camps, gas showers. The thing is alot of the Nazis doing these crimes, did not feel jews were humans they were "Jews" Yes there were people tha were outraged at what was going on and how Jews were being killed, obviously the rest of the world was shocked for the senseless killing. I am sure the people that did the killing just did not see them as actual people but just "Jews"

Now going back to abortion. I wouldn't do it, but I understand people have different views then my own and feel differently. The part I think is odd, is how its being de-humanized as to what is actually going on in an abortion. It seems to be referred to as "a woman's choice" instead of being called "abortion" Just seems a way to make it seem more pleseant then iwhat is actually going on.

So ~830,000 abortions were performed in 2011. My question is I wonder how we will be seen in the future, progressive thinkers fighting for the rights of a woman. Or a barbaric society that killed millions of innocents, do to a lack of personal responsibility.

Just a thought I have had recently, since all the abortion talk of the last election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I had a thought. I am pro choice(if faced with the choice I would urge the girl I was with NOT to have an abortion). But I wonder how we will be viewed upon in the future on the topic of abortion.

In essence it kind of seems like an argument of when does a life become a life. Some religious groups go as far as wasting sperm(masterbation) is wasting god's life and bad. Some think its not a life until the brain starts developing much later on, after a heartbeat.

Example...

How do we view slave owners now? At the time slaves were thought of as humans to them it was the same as owning a horse. To use that seems repulsive and rediculous, but during those times they were thought of the same as livestock, not a human, so they felt what they were doing was not wrong. No more wrong then having a cow. It was not a human life. At the time a large part of the population disagreed and thought that slaves were human beings. Even to the point of being a part of the Civil War.

The Nazis, they viewed Jews not a human life, we know the history of concetration camps, gas showers. The thing is alot of the Nazis doing these crimes, did not feel jews were humans they were "Jews" Yes there were people tha were outraged at what was going on and how Jews were being killed, obviously the rest of the world was shocked for the senseless killing. I am sure the people that did the killing just did not see them as actual people but just "Jews"

Now going back to abortion. I wouldn't do it, but I understand people have different views then my own and feel differently. The part I think is odd, is how its being de-humanized as to what is actually going on in an abortion. It seems to be referred to as "a woman's choice" instead of being called "abortion" Just seems a way to make it seem more pleseant then iwhat is actually going on.

So ~830,000 abortions were performed in 2011. My question is I wonder how we will be seen in the future, progressive thinkers fighting for the rights of a woman. Or a barbaric society that killed millions of innocents, do to a lack of personal responsibility.

Just a thought I have had recently, since all the abortion talk of the last election.
When science is able to determine sexual preference of a fetus (whether they're homosexual or heterosexual) and women start making the "choice" to abort "gay" babies, the left WILL want restrictions on abortion.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
When science is able to determine sexual preference of a fetus (whether they're homosexual or heterosexual) and women start making the "choice" to abort "gay" babies, the left WILL want restrictions on abortion.
LOL its kind of sad, but I could see something like that happen.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:32 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Why is the left so incredibly dense?

It's not about abortion. It's not about birth control. It's not about any of the social issues.

It's about TAX DOLLARS PAYING FOR IT! It's about GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE.

My God, how dense and helpless is the left, anyway?

I personally couldn't care less if someone gets a thousand abortions as long as they leave my money out of it! Abort yourselves senseless. I don't care! Just do it and shut up about it.

How many times does the incredibly stupid left have to be hit on the head before it soaks in?

Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I personally couldn't care less if someone gets a thousand abortions
as long as they leave my money out of it!
Think through that financial question just a wee bit deeper.

safe.. legal.. rare.. prompt.. free

Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:

It's not about abortion. It's not about birth control. It's not about any of the social issues.

I personally couldn't care less if someone gets a thousand abortions as long as they leave my money out of it! Abort yourselves senseless. I don't care! Just do it and shut up about it.

How many times does the incredibly stupid left have to be hit on the head before it soaks in?
No, no, NO. You don't get it. They want what they want but they want YOU to approve of it and pay for it. They have no responsibility you know....get with the program...just sign the check and pay for them to do what they want. That's your part in this. Good grief some people are really dense....

This isn't about personal freedoms. It's about NOT having to pay the bill for your personal freedoms. The world is only a wonderful place when the bill for what you want goes to someone else. Got it???

Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No, no, NO. You don't get it. They want what they want but they want YOU to approve of it and pay for it. They have no responsibility you know....get with the program...just sign the check and pay for them to do what they want. That's your part in this. Good grief some people are really dense....

This isn't about personal freedoms. It's about NOT having to pay the bill for your personal freedoms. The world is only a wonderful place when the bill for what you want goes to someone else. Got it???
I stand corrected.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,666 times
Quote:

That is not the position of the Republican Party nor is it that the majority position of most conservatives, who want all abortion OUTLAWED. Even Flip-Flop Romney (the bozo who used to be pro-choice and whose signature healthcare achievement ROMNEYCARE funds abortion through tax dollars) wanted a constitutional amendment banning abortion.

So in other words, your little rant is pretty much meaningless.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:52 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Its impossible to accurately predict the future, but I think the most likely answer is "they didn't plan their pregnancies?"

Old 11-24-2012, 08:58 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
I doubt anything will change. people will always be divided on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies