Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:36 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Your problem is that you consider homosexuality as an "inborn trait".
No one said it was, and neither di the person you are replying to.

Quote:
It is not - it is a chosen behavior.
it is not. Sexual orientation is not a behavior. and you've been told this repeatedly.

homosexuality is not deviant behavior. Only to closed minded bigots it is.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
A straight man cannot force himself to have sex with another man if he is simply not into it --- tell me how that would work. What you are saying is bizarre --- I'm not sure what sex you are, but let's say you are female. Instead of a male partner you would "choose" for the rest of your life to force yourself to be in a sexual committed relationship with another woman? Every day you would be forcing yourself to behave in ways that go against your nature. How would that work out? It wouldn't. What you're stating is just words. In reality, you wouldn't be able to do it yourself.
I am a male - and any sexual activity between people of the same sex is unnatural.

It is wrong.

I don't care what people do in the privacy of their home and bedroom (though I will pray for their souls), but marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman - and Boeing should not have to subscribe to some nonsense daffynition.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
I am a male - and any sexual activity between people of the same sex is unnatural.

It is wrong.

I don't care what people do in the privacy of their home and bedroom (though I will pray for their souls), but marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman - and Boeing should not have to subscribe to some nonsense daffynition.
So you admit that you wouldn't be able to "choose" to be gay and live in a gay relationship.

So why do you think gay people can simply "choose" not to be gay?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Only to ignorant. Seeing as homosexuality is seen in nearly all species of animals. So it is as natural as is heterosexuality. In fact, in one species of ape, homosexuality is the norm and they only force themselves to be "heterosexual" so they can keep their species going on.

Quote:
It is wrong.
Only to closed minded bigots

Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So you admit that you wouldn't be able to "choose" to be gay and live in a gay relationship.

So why do you think gay people can simply "choose" not to be gay?
I did no such thing - do not put words in my mouth.

Homosexuality is a choice - I could choose to engage in such unnatural behavior - but I choose not to.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
I did no such thing - do not put words in my mouth.

Homosexuality is a choice - I could choose to engage in such unnatural behavior - but I choose not to.
I'm not buying it. I don't think that you would be able to force yourself to live in a life-long committed relationship with a man. You would find it repulsive, every day would be torture. You would waste your entire life living with someone you weren't' attracted to.

I'm a woman, and I know I would not want to be in a lesbian relationship. I'm strongly heterosexual. I'm simply not attracted to women, and I couldn't pretend for the rest of my life that I was. Let's say all the men on the planet were suddenly eliminated, maybe I would have really close female relationships, but it would not have a sexual component.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:

Homosexuality is not a choice, it is a natural variation of human sexual response like heterosexuality and bisexuality. It is a sexual orientation, not a hobby one takes up as a lark. I suggest you read up on some research and findings through such organizations as The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association,The American Sociological Association, The American Anthropological Association, The American Academy of Pediatrics, etc.

Prejudice and ignorance is a choice. You give voice to intolerance through prejudice and ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies