Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 05:12 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Jesus said we should forgive liberals because they don't know what they are doing? Is this the tea party Republican Jesus??

Care to show me a link.

Thanks for proving my point.
You're also very repetitive. Like I said, you're just a typical angsty atheist bully looking to pick a fight. You will spin anything that I say and anything that anyone else says and try to make it seem stupid. Why are you folks so predictable? Why do you intentionally pick fights like this?

See that poster did was rephrase something Jesus actually did say and changed it into a wise-crack against liberals. This is what is known as "a joke". Look it up.

PS: I already responded and outlined many Christian beliefs. I noticed that you don't seem interested in responding to that, but you are interested in cherry picking posts that will further your goal of starting a fight.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You're also very repetitive. Like I said, you're just a typical angsty atheist bully looking to pick a fight. You will spin anything that I say and anything that anyone else says and try to make it seem stupid. Why are you folks so predictable? Why do you intentionally pick fights like this?

See that poster did was rephrase something Jesus actually did say and changed it into a wise-crack against liberals. This is what is known as "a joke". Look it up.

PS: I already responded and outlined many Christian beliefs. I noticed that you don't seem interested in responding to that, but you are interested in cherry picking posts that will further your goal of starting a fight.
Asking you to cite the teachings of Christ you embrace = picking a fight?

The thread isn't about Christians, it's about the Christian Right.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 11-23-2012 at 05:48 PM..

Old 11-23-2012, 05:19 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
I've noticed on many times when you ask Christian conservatives to identify the teachings of Jesus Christ they embrace they tend to get very defensive and sometimes downright hostile and angry.

I have several family members who are conservative Christians or what you might call the Christian Right, and when they start preaching about god and politics I ask them to identify the teachings of Jesus they support and 9 out of 10 times they get very angry.

Once in awhile one will give me an example, (usually from the old Testament, yeah go figure)
They're defensive and downright hostile all the time.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:20 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Asking you to cite the teachings of Christ you embrace = picking a fight?

Odd, you have a user name with the word God in yet, yet you cannot identify your own religious views.
Did you even read my first response in this thread??

You're too funny. Just an angry atheist looking for a fight. Mind you, there are atheists that are respectful of other people's beliefs. You don't seem like that sort. You seem like the preachy, "I will prove to you that all your religions are lies!!" sort, and that sort of atheist is incredibly predictable.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
They're defensive and downright hostile all the time.
Good point

Old 11-23-2012, 05:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Because two would be too difficult.

Give me just one teachings that you embrace, just one. You guys are always ranting about how atheists and liberals have removed god from the public arena, here is your chance to bring him back.
All of them.

You can't embrace by choice, it is all or none. Sorry to disappoint.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:28 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Interesting, an entire thread directly proving the OPs point. Interesting yet not suprising. It's hard to point to which aspect of the hocus pocus you're embracing on a day to day basis.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
All of them.

This is eerily reminiscent of the response given when Ms. Perky asked Our Sarah what newspapers she reads.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
All of them.

Coincidence, the same exact line I would give to girls when they asked me to name which was my favorite song of some cheesy pop group.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Interesting, an entire thread directly proving the OPs point. Interesting yet not suprising. It's hard to point to which aspect of the hocus pocus you're embracing on a day to day basis.
It's entirely predictable. Most are not really Christians, not in any rational sense. To claim a a belief system, you have to adhere to the basic tenets. Most of them do not. They simply want the pay-off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies