Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
And Obama is not attacking the hard-working people who have just made it out of the middle class and are earning under $500,000 a year. Those people will see little increase in income tax.

It's not until household income exceeds $500,000 a year that households will pay an average of 2.8 % more. Surely someone making half a million a year can afford to pay more than someone making less than $20,000 a year, which is the group you seem to want to see pay more tax.
$500K? Did I miss some news? It's $200K / $250K.

Like I said, all we heard allllll summer long is those evil rich bla bla bla. EVIL! PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE. They do pay up the ass and it still isn't good enough for the lazy. Vote.. Vote for Revenge... They didn't do a damn thing against you. You probably even use their services, a doctor for example, a small business owner.

And you don't expect backlash? And you expect sympathy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM

420 posts, read 335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Like I said, all we heard allllll summer long is those evil rich bla bla bla. EVIL! PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE. They do pay up the ass and it still isn't good enough for the lazy. Vote.. Vote for Revenge...

I thought you said you didn't care? Sounds like your level of care for anonymous affluent strangers is a bit on the unhealthy side.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:

Like I said, all we heard allllll summer long is those evil rich bla bla bla. EVIL! PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE. They do pay up the ass and it still isn't good enough for the lazy. Vote.. Vote for Revenge...

Yes, for households the proposed tax increases kick in at $250K. If you go to the following link you will see that increases in taxes paid will be from 0.2 to 0.9 % of income for those earning $250-500K. It's not until income exceeds $500K that you see more than a 2 % increase in how much they will pay out.

No Tax Increase for Many ?Wealthy? Families - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Old 12-09-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
I thought you said you didn't care? Sounds like your level of care for anonymous affluent strangers is a bit on the unhealthy side.
If you are making $20K a year did it ever occur to you that YOU are doing something wrong? Do you think Obama is going to raise it to $30K? If you wait on anyone else you will die where you are.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Yes, for households the proposed tax increases kick in at $250K. If you go to the following link you will see that increases in taxes paid will be from 0.2 to 0.9 % of income for those earning $250-500K. It's not until income exceeds $500K that you see more than a 2 % increase in how much they will pay out.

No Tax Increase for Many ?Wealthy? Families - Graphic - NYTimes.com
AMT, typically hits around 5 million upper-middle-class families who have many children or other deductible expenses and live in high-cost states. For the 2012 tax year, however, the AMT is on track to affect an additional 26.4 million people — reaching deep into the middle class — because Congress has not adjusted the tax for the effects of inflation.

Because those people have never paid the AMT, they have no idea they are in its crosshairs. It is a separate deal than increasing rates. If there is not a patch on it millions will get a surprise when doing 2012 taxes. There will be a lot of people getting letters from the IRS telling them they still owe money.

Do you hear anything about an ATM patch? Of course not. Obama is talking about rates not ATM. He does not want you to know. Of course the so called rich will pay the ATM either way.

Look at the bottom of the article.... It read (the de-emphasized light print). It says "Does not include new taxes in the health care law". This means tack on and additional 3.8% Obamacare taxes too. If they are married this year I think they also get hit with the marriage penalty too.

And you thought it was a small amount lol. As usual you are not getting the full story.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
If you are making $20K a year did it ever occur to you that YOU are doing something wrong? Do you think Obama is going to raise it to $30K? If you wait on anyone else you will die where you are.
Have no clue what you're talking about. I make much more than $20k, but far less than $250k. I'm not affected by the tax increase, so what's your point?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
AMT, typically hits around 5 million upper-middle-class families who have many children or other deductible expenses and live in high-cost states. For the 2012 tax year, however, the AMT is on track to affect an additional 26.4 million people — reaching deep into the middle class — because Congress has not adjusted the tax for the effects of inflation.

Because those people have never paid the AMT, they have no idea they are in its crosshairs. It is a separate deal than increasing rates. If there is not a patch on it millions will get a surprise when doing 2012 taxes. There will be a lot of people getting letters from the IRS telling them they still owe money.

Do you hear anything about an ATM patch? Of course not. Obama is talking about rates not ATM. He does not want you to know. Of course the so called rich will pay the ATM either way. They will also pay the 3.8% Obamacare taxes too. If they are married this year I think they also get hit with the marriage penalty too.

And you thought it was a small amount lol. As usual you are not getting the full story.
He doesn't want us to know, but he confided in you? Where are you getting your information?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
He doesn't want us to know, but he confided in you? Where are you getting your information?
No it is called research. I'm not stupid enough to take Obama's word for anything.

Middle class faces quick impact from alternative minimum tax - The Washington Post

Obamacare Investment Income Tax: Wealthy To Pay 3.8 Percent Surcharge On Capital Gains, Dividends

Of course the so called rich will pay it either way. A little bit of a raise here, a little bit there. and to you it's a teeny little bit. Typical democrat liberal... raise taxes as long as it does not effect you. So typical of the people who have no skin the in the game.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:

Do you hear anything about an ATM patch? Of course not. Obama is talking about rates not ATM. He does not want you to know. Of course the so called rich will pay the ATM either way.

Look at the bottom of the article.... It read (the de-emphasized light print). It says "Does not include new taxes in the health care law". This means tack on and additional 3.8% Obamacare taxes too. If they are married this year I think they also get hit with the marriage penalty too.

From reading the article you posted it sounds like the AMT problem will only occur if we go over the fiscal cliff. Which I don't believe will happen.

The 3.8 % healthcare tax is only going to be on "unearned income" in other words, income earned on income, like dividends or capital gains, for households with Modified Gross Annual Income of $200K or more. Most people, except for multi-millionaires, do not make a lot of investment income each year.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
From reading the article you posted it sounds like the AMT problem will only occur if we go over the fiscal cliff. Which I don't believe will happen.

The 3.8 % healthcare tax is only going to be on "unearned income" in other words, income earned on income, like dividends or capital gains, for households with Modified Gross Annual Income of $200K or more. Most people, except for multi-millionaires, do not make a lot of investment income each year.
Do you have a source for that claim? And what do you consider "a lot" of investment income?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies