Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Remember Denise Rich? Wealth heiress that bibed errr.....made major campaign contributions so Clinton pardoned her husband on his last day in office.

What did her husband do? Tax evasion and skirting sanctions on Iran during the hostage crisis.
Today he is worth 2.5billion.

Denise Rich Renounces U.S. Citizenship, Will Save Tens Of Millions In Tax Dollars

Please note, this isn't a Faux news link.

My point is that you've been lied too. Both parties are for war, for the fat cats and all the BS about 1%ers is just suckering you in to vote.
The left wants Clinton back in the white house in '16. So do the evil rich 1%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
The ELite are not just Wall st CEOs -they are their friends in Government. The collaboration between them has decimated our nation in the last 3 decades.
Contrary to statist progressive thinking -No regulation will solve the problem.

Correct. No regulation will solve the problem - because the problem is bigger than any regulation that could exist to stop it. Within man lies an inherent evil (combined with a narcissistic lack of empathy and compassion for others) and it will always be present.

The elite, Wall Street CEO's and their friends in government will never stop what they do, nor will they ever even admit what they do and/or apologize for it and they are intelligent enough to know that if they were not doing the things that they do, other people would be doing it: political corruption and manipulation of the economic system. If you take 100 'elites' and removed them from this world and then replaced them with 100 people that make less than $15,000 a year in the US and live in poverty and give them the knowledge and ability to do what the previous 100 'elites' were doing, including giving them the same socio-economic status, wealth and political power - they would be doing the same things their predecessors were doing. It is human nature and cannot be changed.

The 99% are irrelevant in the sense that given the same connections, power and ability to be like the 1%, they would take it in a minute and have no remorse at all. So the arguments that what those in power (economic and political) do is wrong on some kind of ethical or moral level is absolutely laughable because anyone in that situation, that is human and prone to things like greed, narcissism and control would do the exact same thing, and most of the time in their own minds justify what they are doing.

It is great to be the 1% because the 1% do not have to feel guilty about how they got to where they are and the things that they do to maintain and continue to exist on that level because anyone living on Earth and with a finite amount of time to do that living would do exactly what the 1% does and consider it to be great. Anyone that complains about the 1% is just mad that they are not in the 1% and that fate and destiny did not allow them to be. Given the chance to be in the 1%, they would exhibit the same behavior and approach to politics, economics and life that the 1% do.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Remember Denise Rich? Wealth heiress that bibed errr.....made major campaign contributions so Clinton pardoned her husband on his last day in office.

What did her husband do? Tax evasion and skirting sanctions on Iran during the hostage crisis.
Today he is worth 2.5billion.

Denise Rich Renounces U.S. Citizenship, Will Save Tens Of Millions In Tax Dollars

Please note, this isn't a Faux news link.

My point is that you've been lied too. Both parties are for war, for the fat cats and all the BS about 1%ers is just suckering you in to vote.
Both parties lie, the only difference is one party lies less (Democrats)

Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,309 times
The Military Industrial Complex and The Banking Cartel, the two best friend's the elite ever had.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Correct. No regulation will solve the problem - because the problem is bigger than any regulation that could exist to stop it. Within man lies an inherent evil (combined with a narcissistic lack of empathy and compassion for others) and it will always be present.

The elite, Wall Street CEO's and their friends in government will never stop what they do, nor will they ever even admit what they do and/or apologize for it and they are intelligent enough to know that if they were not doing the things that they do, other people would be doing it: political corruption and manipulation of the economic system. If you take 100 'elites' and removed them from this world and then replaced them with 100 people that make less than $15,000 a year in the US and live in poverty and give them the knowledge and ability to do what the previous 100 'elites' were doing, including giving them the same socio-economic status, wealth and political power - they would be doing the same things their predecessors were doing. It is human nature and cannot be changed.

The 99% are irrelevant in the sense that given the same connections, power and ability to be like the 1%, they would take it in a minute and have no remorse at all. So the arguments that what those in power (economic and political) do is wrong on some kind of ethical or moral level is absolutely laughable because anyone in that situation, that is human and prone to things like greed, narcissism and control would do the exact same thing, and most of the time in their own minds justify what they are doing.

It is great to be the 1% because the 1% do not have to feel guilty about how they got to where they are and the things that they do to maintain and continue to exist on that level because anyone living on Earth and with a finite amount of time to do that living would do exactly what the 1% does and consider it to be great. Anyone that complains about the 1% is just mad that they are not in the 1% and that fate and destiny did not allow them to be. Given the chance to be in the 1%, they would exhibit the same behavior and approach to politics, economics and life that the 1% do.
I don't know if I totally agree. Part of the reason many of the 1 % or even more so the top 0.1 % got where they are is by being avaricious, power-hungry, being cut-throat. I mean, I don't think anyone becomes a CEO by being a nice, socially conscious, kind person --- you have to be driven by the bottom-line and be willing to ship jobs overseas, pay workers unfair wages and liquidate companies for example.
People who are more ethical are not going to be cut-throat enough. So if you put a bunch of currently middle-class people into the top 1 % I don't think that just being rich and powerful would necessarily turn them into the selfish, greedy, I'm-ok-jack mindset that characterizes many of the current 1 %.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post

A cynical viewpoint but it definitely has merit.

I like to use the sports world in metephor. It is like the fans who complain baseball players make too much money, but if that fan were offered a huge contract from the Yankees I doubt they would do what we think of as best for the sport and not sign the contract.

Here is where free will comes in: after they sign it its up to them how to play- They can dog it like Manny Ramierez, they can have a major attitude problem like A rod or they can play their butts off like Derek Jeter and/or be a model citizen like Mike Piazza.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't know if I totally agree. Part of the reason many of the 1 % or even more so the top 0.1 % got where they are is by being avaricious, power-hungry, being cut-throat. I mean, I don't think anyone becomes a CEO by being a nice, socially conscious, kind person --- you have to be driven by the bottom-line and be willing to ship jobs overseas, pay workers unfair wages and liquidate companies for example.
People who are more ethical are not going to be cut-throat enough. So if you put a bunch of currently middle-class people into the top 1 % I don't think that just being rich and powerful would necessarily turn them into the selfish, greedy, I'm-ok-jack mindset that characterizes many of the current 1 %.
It is partially true, but lets be fair also- not every single person who is powerful, wealthy or super wealthy is a ruthless jerk.
Mark Cuban for example while excentric, to the best of my knowledge is a very fair and rational businessman.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
of course both sides are for war. these eliteist play the public like fools. we march to their drumbeat like brainwashed fools. this is the truth on both sides of the the spectrum. war is a business, and both parties have rich in high places that make money off of dying americans. Dont think for a moment they even care. sure, obama says he wants fairness, but that is not truth. romney was no different than obama once their skins are peeled back.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Thats why its so important not to rock the boat and to keep the status quo as it is. Keep all the major players in office just where they are. The voters can't be trusted to elect the right people, thats why their votes have to be " recounted" again and again.
I guess we won't be having any Wonderbread on the bread lines.....

Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Both parties lie, the only difference is one party lies less (Democrats)
Just keep rationalizing your enslavement to a 2 party system.

P.S. MY friends from the major health insurance companies say thanks for letting them write all that legislation! They were able to kneecap the smaller competitors under the guise of the payout clause and just picked up millions of mandatory new for-profit customers under the guise of "helping people".

God, it's just so easy to control people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies