Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 AM

628 posts, read 2,070,431 times

Advertisements

Ever heard a passionate, well-constructed, intelligent argument, but then disagreed with it anyway? That's exactly my dilemma after watching this powerful ad. I'm on the fence, which is super uncomfortable. Most of America has yet to be convinced.

Where are you?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
If our ancestors had decided to go vegan, we wouldn't be here.

Meat was and is necessary for the survival of our species. The key is to ensure respectable hunting and methods of mass production. Poaching enforcement must also be strengthened.

We also must abandon our materialistic ways: diamonds and coltan are resulting in human death in Africa. Slaves labor in sweat shops making clothes for western "brand whores". Civilians are dying in drone strikes which are perpetuated by the need to control the oil trade. Our young are dying, coming back limbless, and suffering from psychological issues due to resource-driven conflicts.

All you vegans on your iPhones and iPads need to address the real issues.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:31 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
The animals raised to feed humans need to be killed (slaughtered) before we can cut them up for consumption. With the exception of very few critters that we as a species eat alive (like Koreans who eat those live octopi) it is necessary to kill the animal. As long as it is done humanely there is nothing wrong with that. We've been doing that for 10s of thousands of years. It is natural. Taking a product like soybeans, converting them to unnatural states like 'texturized soy protein' and shaping them into meat-like replicas that taste like ass is entirely not natural.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The animals raised to feed humans need to be killed (slaughtered) before we can cut them up for consumption. With the exception of very few critters that we as a species eat alive (like Koreans who eat those live octopi) it is necessary to kill the animal. As long as it is done humanely there is nothing wrong with that. We've been doing that for 10s of thousands of years. It is natural. Taking a product like soybeans, converting them to unnatural states like 'texturized soy protein' and shaping them into meat-like replicas that taste like ass is entirely not natural.
A rational statement.

What a breath of fresh air.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Comments on video signs are hardly passionate, well-constructed, intelligent arguments. Passionate, yes. Well-constructed, hardly. Intelligent? Not in the least.

My view on the video is someone thinks they are so evolved as to be above other life forms. If a animal eats meat does this person think that it is wrong? How can someone be so much better than another person or another animal? I don't think so.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
If we didn't start eating meat, we would have massive jaws with huge teeth leaving little room for our highly developed brains and forward facing, binocular focusing eyes.

Why are political vegans so anti-evolution/science? I mean, I am anti-industrial slaughterhouse, too, but I understand human biology. The evidence is right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies