Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
BS! Why should ANY OF US have to pay another dime in taxes
Because if the only thing we do is cut spending we will plunge the economy into a deep recession.

Smart people on both sides of the aisle know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Just bury your money and commit suicide so no one can get to it!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Only 50% of us are taxed enough already. The other 50% think we should be taxed more.
Bull****. EVERYONE is over-taxed. Per capita, the US citizen contributes more to the biggest, wasteful, cluster **** budget than any nation on Earth, in history.

There is no revenue problem. There is no need for additional taxation, for individuals or business. Our government taxes 15 trillion dollars of revenue annually, and that is just GDP. Not property, not invested equity, etc.

There is a god damn spending problem. We have trillions invested into the armed forces, department of defense "black projects", and billions upon billions in issued RFP's for companies like Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and even that wasteful money-pit, NASA.

This country bypassed the fiscal cliff in the mid 2000's, and there is ABSOLUTELY no way to pay back the debt we owe. We would literally have to tax our corporations and citizens onto the street before we even make a dent in the debt, and any economic activity at all would be crushed under the burden of the tax code.

The only reason why additional sources of revenue are being sought after right now, is so the US can appease Fitch, Moody's and S&P so our credit rating doesn't tank, and we can continue for fund this sh*thole ponzi scheme we all blindly call "the greatest nation on earth".

It's all a house of cards covered in dogcrap. This country, ten years from now, will be a shell of what it once was, thanks to greedy Americans and politicians who aren't accountable for their actions, and a federal reserve who isn't accountable for their monetary policy.

Enjoy your foodstamps, people.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Tax and eat the wealthy!

Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
We want cuts

We want spending cuts FIRST. Show us you are serious Democrats and Republicans.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:46 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Government steals everyone's money. Nothing you can do but stop supporting them no matter what it takes,it will collapse eventually. People claim its part of the social contract but I didn't sign jack!
In the grown up world,everyone pays taxes but if you know of a tax free country feel free to share that with us.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
In the grown up world,everyone pays taxes but if you know of a tax free country feel free to share that with us.
The irony of Rebel's comment, is that even with this country's oppressive tax code, it's still going to collapse.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Amazing how people "insert words". No one said don't pay taxes did they. We don't need to pay more. Obama needs to learn to live on the money they are getting just like me and you do.

No more Solyndras... The American people don't owe the unions. Stop spending money, we are tired of being their piggy banks.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
This:

Quote:
If someone is stealing your money you should notify law enforcement. As developed countries go,our tax burden is low.

Americans' tax burden is lightest in developed world - USATODAY.com

And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Your right, thats why I am successful. As a person who has been blessed to live in a Country that affords me the opportunity to become educated, practice free enterprise and make a great living without fear of marauding pirates I feel it is my responsibility to pay my fair cut. This Country is only self sustaining if we ask not what our country can do for us, but rather what we can do for it. If I only worried about the moochers and people who didn't contribute I wouldn't be in the position I am in.

Life isn't fair. Not everyone will work as hard as I do. I understand that. However, I know I want my Country to continue to progress in the right direction.

Lets start by cutting Oil subsidies, the Military industrial complex, and crazy loop holes that allow billion dollar corporations the ability to pay zero in taxes. Then we can worry about single moms who receive food stamps.

I agree we need to make cuts, OP, but if you think we're over-taxed as a country, you're just plain mistaken.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM

724 posts, read 593,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Your right, thats why I am successful. As a person who has been blessed to live in a Country that affords me the opportunity to become educated, practice free enterprise and make a great living without fear of marauding pirates I feel it is my responsibility to pay my fair cut. This Country is only self sustaining if we ask not what our country can do for us, but rather what we can do for it. If I only worried about the moochers and people who didn't contribute I wouldn't be in the position I am in.

Life isn't fair. Not everyone will work as hard as I do. I understand that. However, I know I want my Country to continue to progress in the right direction.

Lets start by cutting Oil subsidies, the Military industrial complex, and crazy loop holes that allow billion dollar corporations the ability to pay zero in taxes. Then we can worry about single moms who receive food stamps.
Nice post. I just got done with a 14 hour day operating my own small business. I'm so tired of this BS argument by the right that everybody other than them is lounging around the public housing complex. I've never taken a handout from the government in my life. To talk about improving our country without raising taxes is pure madness, grow tf up and deal with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies