Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times

Advertisements

The “Intellectuals”
College Students, especially those in Ivy Leagues
College Professors, especially those in Ivy Leagues
Other teachers, education administrators, and education policymakers
Journalists and Media personalities

The Democratic Playing Card Deck - The Victims
African Americans, Latinos, and other “minorities”
Senior Citizens
The poor and middle class, especially those who live in urban areas
Feminists
Environmentalists

Last edited by eRayP; 11-30-2012 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Which category do you fit into?

This is your thread.

You should go first.

Good manners demand it.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 PM

The “Victims of the Democratic Playing Card Deck”

This group makes up the core of the Democratic voting block. They believe they’ve been wrong or disadvantaged, or even being told to believe so. They’re also being told that the Democrats that (Republicans and conservatives) are out to wrong them and disadvantage them even further.

These are the things commonly referred to as “playing the race/age/gender/class card.” This is used VERY often by liberals and it is why we hear a lot of it. This group of people- the victims- falls for it very easily. As a result, they become slaves of the liberal mindset.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 PM

They also use fear mongering to keep their pawns in line.

Democrats scare African Americans into believing that Republicans are “holding them down”.

Democrats scare middle class into thinking Republicans are “hurting the middle class.

Democrats scare women into thinking Republicans are “against their rights.”

Democrats also frequently try to scare Senior Citizens into thinking Republicans want to “destroy Social Security.”

Look at the key words: accusations; against,holding down, hurting, destroying.

We have seen it used through out the election and now see it used with the fiscal cliff "talks". And as a result, this entire second group is formed- the “victims” of the Democratic Playing Card Deck.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
The “Victims of the Democratic Playing Card Deck”

This group makes up the core of the Democratic voting block. They believe they’ve been wrong or disadvantaged, or even being told to believe so. They’re also being told that the Democrats that (Republicans and conservatives) are out to wrong them and disadvantage them even further.

These are the things commonly referred to as “playing the race/age/gender/class card.” This is used VERY often by liberals and it is why we hear a lot of it. This group of people- the victims- falls for it very easily. As a result, they become slaves of the liberal mindset.
The BS machines are working overtime! Are they unionized?

Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 PM

24 posts, read 24,875 times
Plenty of liberals (like me) don't consider themselves victims, and are solidly middle class. I work full time, own a home, have a family, etc. -- I just happen to believe that humans are supposed to be kind and compassionate. I think you'd see something similar with many of the white people who voted for Obama, even though I'm an independent.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
The thing I have enjoyed most since the election is repeated demonstrations (like this OP) that the American right wing is so willfully intent on not learning a single useful lesson from their drubbing that there should be no fears of them turning it around any time soon.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:10 PM

Obama supporters believe the way they do, because of the liberal spin and fear mongering they hear from Democratic, liberal leaders and left wing media outlets. It is drilled into their heads by left wing media news.

They then vote for Democrats, mostly out of fear and loathing of the other side. They call conservatives “bigots” and “racists” repeating the lies that the liberal left.

The “Victims of the Democratic Playing Card Deck” are fearful, angry, resentful, and therefore has a closed mind towards reality or any other person’s opinions if they differ from their own.

Last edited by eRayP; 11-30-2012 at 03:17 PM..

Old 11-30-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkovar View Post
Plenty of liberals (like me) don't consider themselves victims, and are solidly middle class. I work full time, own a home, have a family, etc. -- I just happen to believe that humans are supposed to be kind and compassionate. I think you'd see something similar with many of the white people who voted for Obama, even though I'm an independent.
Democrats scare middle class into thinking Republicans are “hurting the middle class.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:13 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
The “Intellectuals”
College Students, especially those in Ivy Leagues
College Professors, especially those in Ivy Leagues
Other teachers, education administrators, and education policymakers
Journalists and Media personalities

The Democratic Playing Card Deck - The Victims
African Americans, Latinos, and other “minorities”
Senior Citizens
The poor and middle class, especially those who live in urban areas
Feminists
Environmentalists
Nice try! I'm an "other minority" and I didn't vote for Romney or Obama. Troll!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies