Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,730 times

Advertisements

Gahh it sometimes makes we wish that first amendment never existed!! Giving too much freedom to minorities tends to be worse. Only in America this happens...

In Europe and other parts of the world with large percentage of Christians, they have no issues.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So, according to you, it is okay for a church to put up a display that is offensive to the majority of the world but no one can offend this church?

You tell the whole story, your agenda is showing and points out the poorly thought out basis of your claims. Intolerance at its best.
Majority of the world?! What does rest of the world have to do with the U.S.?

Majority of the world get offended by atheists, and does that mean atheists should stop talking?

Focus on the nation you live in, and in America majority of Americans are Christians.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Not a darned thing. Private property and private financing for the display are just fine.
Then Christians should stop pay taxes to the government....

Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No worries, and I'm glad you are able to see the truth in that whole situation - thanks for the interesting info too! For the record, I am Jewish, so will be celebrating Chanukah starting this weekend. Guess what I'm doing on the first night of our holiday? I will be attending a toy drive for children, which the man I'm dating (who is a former pro football player & will be there to greet the children) is helping to run. It should be a fun event! Maybe if the OP spent more time worrying about helping others, and less time worrying about two lousy words, they would learn how fortunate they truly are. Isn't this season supposed to be about giving and sharing, not whining over petty nonsense? That's what I always thought, at least.
How do you know what I'm doing or not? I do charity work at my local every month helping the poor and those in need, including many non-Christians, unlike Jews who only help their own community and people.

The church is the worlds largest charity organization. Especially the Catholic Church have found hospitals, medical places, colleges, schools, charity work, Salvation Army, etc.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And I'm glad you have found a denomination & faith that speaks to you, but it is one that I won't personally be adopting. Just curious (and you may have already told me), were you born a Jew?
Sure you are... I'm sure you are mad and bashing him inside you because a Jewish person found Jesus Christ the blessing messiah. Messianic Jews are growing rapidly in Israel and elsewhere
Soon your people will cry

Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What practices would that be?

Keep your religious stuff off of public property.
My tax dollars should not be supporting your religion.
It's pretty simple.
Having churches and private property isn't enough for you?
Perhaps then, we should tax the churches to increase income for the community.
What about the 80% Christians who pay taxes? So we should suppress the majority to favor the small minority? Most Christmas decorations could be found at dollar stores anyway...

You tax churches and we donate less money for charity work.... And now you need to tax synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
How do you know what I'm doing or not? I do charity work at my local every month helping the poor and those in need, including many non-Christians, unlike Jews who only help their own community and people.
More anti-Semitic nonsense from you... I guess you also failed reading, because I said I'm attending a toy drive for the HOLIDAYS (not Chanukah). It's unlikely any of the children there will be Jewish, since it takes place in a mostly Hispanic neighborhood. Only help our own communities, huh? Did you hear that on Fox News, or is it something your church told you? Oh, but you don't hate Jews - right? If anyone here believes that, I have a bridge in San Francisco to sell them too.

Apparently you also missed my post here, which has photos of events my (Jewish) sister ran recently: http://www.city-data.com/forum/27196785-post120.html

Now if you really want to help the poor, stop whining about things they only WISH were big problems to them. Seriously, do you not realize how petty this stuff is?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Sure you are... I'm sure you are mad and bashing him inside you because a Jewish person found Jesus Christ the blessing messiah. Messianic Jews are growing rapidly in Israel and elsewhere
Don't tell me what I think, please. I am happy for anyone who is happy themselves... and unlike you, I accept and celebrate diversity in our world. Don't you think I would have moved to Israel by now (I certainly have the means & ability to do so), if I really had a problem with non-Jews?

Stop projecting your own bigotries on to me; I am not like that.

Quote:
Soon your people will cry
Nope. We will laugh at petty whiners like you, and continue thriving as we have for thousands of years. You'll be the one crying, when you face Jesus and have to explain your hatred & hurtful words for anyone who isn't like you.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Gahh it sometimes makes we wish that first amendment never existed!! Giving too much freedom to minorities tends to be worse. Only in America this happens...

In Europe and other parts of the world with large percentage of Christians, they have no issues.
Given your anti-American hatred for freedom & the Constitution, I think you probably would be better off in Europe... you keep talking about it, so why not move there already? Can't afford it, or just enjoying your persecution complex too much?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Majority of the world?! What does rest of the world have to do with the U.S.?

Majority of the world get offended by atheists, and does that mean atheists should stop talking?

Focus on the nation you live in, and in America majority of Americans are Christians.
Says the same person who keeps bringing up Israel (and Europe), and comparing their officially religious nation to our secular one. Do you read these posts before hitting send, or are you really that unable to see the hypocrisy that bleeds from every word? I guess you follow the mantra "do as I say, not as I do."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies