Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
This is nothing new. It's been know for years that mostly stupid people watch Fox.

Don't feel bad.

Rhodes Scholar Rachel Maddow doesn't know a fake website when she sees one either...

Rachel Maddow Falls for Fake Story - TVNewser

Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
The average adult IQ is supposed to be 100. Fox owns the news ratings, and yet you claim the average IQ of a Fox viewer is 80. A little algebra and I compute that the average liberal IQ is 163. All them brains and you still haven't figured out how to balance a budget, get out of the ghetto, end racism, or more importantly, discern fake data from fact.

Liberals do make the best baristas, though. The hip gals at Peet's that brew up my coffee do a better job than an old, rich, white guy could ever do...

Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
The ones who think they are so smart got us into this mess. And of course the dems think all is fine with the country and we are headed in the right direction.. the housing bubble and the stock market bubble are a figment of everyones imagination and is no big deal as the liberal media keeps telling the so called smart dems.. what a laugh.

The dems so little character and swelled heads they can't find an answer to our countries problems. Come on dems.. where is all that brain power? Obama keeps kicking the can down the road so the younger generations will all be poor and Obama keeps his smile on his face. Oh , how the dems can paint a pretty picture and our country is is big trouble.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The average adult IQ is supposed to be 100. Fox owns the news ratings, and yet you claim the average IQ of a Fox viewer is 80. A little algebra and I compute that the average liberal IQ is 163. All them brains and you still haven't figured out how to balance a budget, get out of the ghetto, end racism, or more importantly, discern fake data from fact.

Liberals do make the best baristas, though. The hip gals at Peet's that brew up my coffee do a better job than an old, rich, white guy could ever do...
Let's see . . how did Morning Joe, staunch Republican put it today . . . something about how the right wing 'entertainment industry' and the anti-intellectualism of the Republican party for the past 15 years is destroying the party.

Yeah. That's pretty much what he said. Even other Republicans notice it. Fox News is dumbing down your party.

Bummer.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:32 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Let's see . . how did Morning Joe, staunch Republican put it today . . . something about how the right wing 'entertainment industry' and the anti-intellectualism of the Republican party for the past 15 years is destroying the party.

Yeah. That's pretty much what he said. Even other Republicans notice it. Fox News is dumbing down your party.

Bummer.

Have no fear though. They will stop watching Fox when they get close to being as dumb as the Democrats.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
In my town, $50/month plan does not even include HD Fox News. So many people skip it.
However, the $50 plan does include HD CNN, NBC, etc

Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
On the contrary. Facts have a liberal bias.

By definition, conservatives only seek to preserve the status quo. But things are always in flux, by nature. Which is why conservatives always lose out in the end.

Conservatives should adopt the alternative monicker, "Delayers of the inevitable."

"Status quo"?

"Always in flux"?

No.

Not really.

What you believe are new and promising idealogical inventions are really failed and discarded experiments from the past that you don't know about.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Have no fear though. They will stop watching Fox when they get close to being as dumb as the Democrats.
Nice.

Don't shoot the messenger. I like Morning Joe; he is a Republican and that is exactly what he said. He doesn't like what folks like Hannity, Rush, and Coulter are doing for his party. Losing them elections.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So you didn't actually read the results of the study, did you?

First: The study only measured the ability to answer specific questions (which were thought up after watching the news channels so that the questions can easily be tailored towards specific target audiences).

Second: The study did not measure IQ, that was inferred by yahoo news from reading the study.

Third: MSNBC viewers scored very low as well.

Fourth, the organization which conducted the study has not released the methodology by which the questions asked were chosen.

So essentially what we have is a biased study with shaky methodology showing that people who follow hard to a party line on both sides of the isle believe media rhetoric more than actual analytical fact. Right? You believe this and your party are the 'smart ones'? Padcrasher - believing every headline you see without researching where it came from is what makes someone less intelligent. You see the irony here, don't you?

Great post, and great analogy. Any one person who feels that they belong to the more smart Party, are acutally dumber then they think. Real ingorant and dumb.

Both party's have much fault, and both party's come flawed? Both party's lie, and have their own agendas, usually for their own sake, not for the sake truly of the people.

I am now at the point i don't believe anything, unless i know for fact, it is fact, or i have witnessed what i am questioning. And yes i will research, for the right answers, may have to with this also.
Problem one party believes all the lies and rhetoric, and they think they don't have problems!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
[quote=Ringo1;27287967]Let's see . . how did Morning Joe, staunch Republican put it today . . . something about how the right wing 'entertainment industry' and the anti-intellectualism of the Republican party for the past 15 years is destroying the party.

And you are really dumb if you actually believe that Joe is a republican.. ha ha... ever hear of a double agent? Joe is a plant to make people think he is a republican.. anyone who has a brain can figure that one out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies