Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
IDK...Why don't you ask Mark Owen...
You make no sense. First you bash Obama claiming he "doesn't have the stones" to go into Mexico and rescue this Marine; then you change your mind and claim Obama has nothing to do with the subject matter in this thread after all; and then you bring up Mark Owen as if he has any relevance whatsoever to this discussion. Are all Marines as dense as you are, or are you a "special" case?

Old 12-10-2012, 05:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
I wonder what would happen if it were a black, muslim American soldier?

Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I wonder what would happen if it were a black, muslim American soldier?
He'd be sitting in jail for being an idiot and trying to bring a gun into Mexico, just like the idiot who DID try to bring a gun into Mexico is doing right now.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You make no sense. First you bash Obama claiming he "doesn't have the stones" to go into Mexico and rescue this Marine; then you change your mind and claim Obama has nothing to do with the subject matter in this thread after all; and then you bring up Mark Owen as if he has any relevance whatsoever to this discussion. Are all Marines as dense as you are, or are you a "special" case?
Obama won't go in to get him...this is fact.

He has nothing to do with WHY all of us who served want him back.

I know...you missed your fish serving this week.

Get to it...make it fried Bluegill or Catfish.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 PM

222 posts, read 231,760 times
Quote:
I think it's the other way around. The left hasn't got a clue on what being a "soldier" is or means. They're too busy "pulling the race card". What does Obama have to do with one of our brothers down in a rat hole South of the border? Nada.....

I am astounded at your ignorance. The left attracted many genuine war heroes. Most of the Chickenhawks have been right wing armchair warriors.

Even Cindy Sheehan is a Gold Star Mother.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,901 times
Chit, I've been living in AZ for the past 32 years and check my vehicle to make sure I don't have a live 22 round laying on the floorboard before I go into Mexico. And yes, I was in the Marine Corps a long time ago.......but I don't expect my government to rescue me for being stupid.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee2 View Post
People here as elsewhere will hide behind he flag and patriotism while attacking our President and nation.

I've never met a true, decorated combat veteran who play the games I see self-described heroes doing here
My observation also.

How did this morph into the "left" as in Democrats are not now and have never been soldiers. None of them have served their country with distinction?

This misguided irresponsible EX Marine has somehow become the poster boy for everything the right and Repubs hold near and dearest. Strange that ,as from what I read of this kid; he's made a couple of bad choices and now he's sitting in a foreign jail through no fault of anyone but himself.

Those of us challenging the postion offered that he should receive intercession on his behalf from no one less than the President himself are being labelled as everything from disloyal to not knowing a thing about being a soldier. Cripes!

Phrases like "No one left behind" being bandied around by supposed ex-marines or ex-army just make me want to reply with "well how come you're still on here threee days later spouting nonsense and haven't saddled your azzes up to get down there and rescue the kid?" What were you guys while in harness; motor-pool mechanics perhaps?

All this bellicose posturing does nothing but confirm the old adage "talk is cheap."

The real deal would not waste their time in a pissing contest on an internet forum over a topic such as this.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee2 View Post
I am astounded at your ignorance. The left attracted many genuine war heroes. Most of the Chickenhawks have been right wing armchair warriors.

Even Cindy Sheehan is a Gold Star Mother.
My friend would disagree with you if he were still with us.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
My observation also.

How did this morph into the "left" as in Democrats are not now and have never been soldiers. None of them have served their country with distinction?

This misguided irresponsible EX Marine has somehow become the poster boy for everything the right and Repubs hold near and dearest. Strange that ,as from what I read of this kid; he's made a couple of bad choices and now he's sitting in a foreign jail through no fault of anyone but himself.

Those of us challenging the postion offered that he should receive intercession on his behalf from no one less than the President himself are being labelled as everything from disloyal to not knowing a thing about being a soldier. Cripes!

Phrases like "No one left behind" being bandied around by supposed ex-marines or ex-army just make me want to reply with "well how come you're still on here threee days later spouting nonsense and haven't saddled your azzes up to get down there and rescue the kid?" What were you guys while in harness; motor-pool mechanics perhaps?

All this bellicose posturing does nothing but confirm the old adage "talk is cheap."

The real deal would not waste their time in a pissing contest on an internet forum over a topic such as this.
The REAL deal would keep this thread going for ten years fighting off all your smug remarks.....

Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The REAL deal would keep this thread going for ten years fighting off all your smug remarks.....
Wow, from your gibberish response to me to the repeated posting of pictures of your "big knives" (overcompensating, are we? ) to this nonsensical response has convinced me that you definitely ARE "special." I apologize for taking you to task. I don't normally argue with the mentally challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies