Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,053,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We're supposed to have all kinds of pity for Mexican's breaking the law by coming into this country illegally.
I don't.

Quote:
This guy made a simple mistake.
One that carries legal ramifications.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,209,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I don't leave anyone for the wolves to feast. If I see a Coast Guard VET in trouble...I hussle my old ass as fast as it can still go to help. If I saw a Police Officer getting his ass handed to him by a suspect...I'd open a can of whoopass on the perp. Give him a world of hurt he won't forget. If the LEO is outgunned...I'll loan him one of mine and help.

No one is worth less to me..... I'd die for you guys...everyone of you.
Gotta love these internet tough guys!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,303,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'm still giggling over that post.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Are you sure you could handle him? I think he packs heat so maybe you need to be a bit more careful?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A club that can be reassembled and used as a rifle later maybe?

Mexcian signs at the border say anything about Fast and Furious shall be approved if all those machine guns are dismantled before carried across? I didn't read that part of Mexican law I guess.

I have military training but am darned if I can determine of what relevance that would have to taking a shot gun across a border into a foreign country in a dismantled state or not. Even a 12 year old can read the signs prohibiting that and even a 12 year old in some parts of the world would know how to re-assemble a shot gun.

Enlighten me please as to what relevance a poster having military training would have regarding discussing someone of a military background behaving in an obvious retarded fashion brings honour to the corps?
Read the blankety blank links and learn that the man is incarcerated in a jail that the Zetas control and then talk about him rotting in a Mexican jail. I have never seen any signs on the American side of the border talking about who can just walk in or what happens to them if they do.

I have often heard that Mexicans have a tendency to enforce their immigration laws more stringently than we do ours and I am sure that when the Zetas have control and don't want guns like that one turned over to the military things would be different.

I don't think that a .410 shotgun can be reassembled and used as a rifle. Do you not know the difference in a rifle and a shotgun. Maybe your military training was inferior since in mine nearly 60 years ago they did tell us the difference. They even went so far as to point out why as prisoner chasers we were issued shot guns instead of rifles. Do you know that?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Would you be as supportive of him, and as angry at the Mexican government, had he been carrying illegal drugs instead of an illegal weapon?
Hmmmm, now there is a likely leaner analogy.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,346,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let me suggest to the rest of you leaners, since meson doesn't read my posts, that McClatchy said "the man was charged with a serious crime: possession of a weapon restricted for use to Mexico's armed forces."

Now Hammar is sitting in a prison run by the Zetas, one of the most dangerous of the Mexican cartels, and is seemingly getting no reply from the government that represents him.

The best part of the article is that the barrel of the over 60 year old shot gun was less than 25 inches long. I wonder how many here know that the shorter the barrel the wider the pattern up close and the longer the less the shot gets spread out. Also, some could be a bit educated if they knew just how dangerous a 410 shotgun is compared to heavier shot. I wonder who measured that barrel and from where on the gun they did their measuring.
I read that diplomats arranged for him to be removed from the general jail population and that Ileana Ros-Lehtinen is involved in the effort to get him released - they would seemingly be replying for the gov't that represents him. Gotta stop with the hyperbole, Roy.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,089 times
Quote:
Hmmmm, now there is a likely leaner analogy.
Outstanding deflection, Roy, you old boy.

Let me just answer that for you: "Why no, no he would not."

Or, to put it into even greater perspective, would you complain if a Mexican with a green card was caught sneaking in something illegal and was strapped to the floor in Fearless Fife Arpaio's jail?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I read that diplomats arranged for him to be removed from the general jail population and that Ileana Ros-Lehtinen is involved in the effort to get him released - they would seemingly be replying for the gov't that represents him. Gotta stop with the hyperbole, Roy.
Why should he stop now? The only sustenance for his entire side of the spectrum is a heaping, helping does of this kind of daily nonsense.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,440,767 times
Quote:

I don't think that a .410 shotgun can be reassembled and used as a rifle.
No but there is this Roy:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies