Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What about the deadbeat winners in the top 1% that live off rents and investments but never do any work? These are the real paracites because the RWNJ do not realize they exist. Note the top 1% amount to around 3 million people. That is a hell of a lot of people permenantly on the "Welfare for the Wealthy" program.
I agree there is too much corporate welfare but those living off rents and investments, as long as they are paying appropriate taxes are not a detriment to the taxpayer.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Who said anything about "rights?" And where is it written that you have a " right" to access to a robust entitlement system? Just because the system exists doesn't mean a "right" has been bestowed upon you.

You clearly have an ignorant view of what "rights' we actually have in this "democracy" that you keep touting.

Are you doing this on purpose, or do you really not understand?
You don't get it do you. If all citizens have worth as recognized by the society/state recognizing their citizenship and their political interests.

Then the state will be responsive to those interests. So if you have a democracy that contains a lot of old people in response to their interests the government creates medicare and social security.

If you have society in which you want to recognize the interests of investment banks, you change you tax policies to favor those investment banks.

This goes on and on, if you believe in a democracy then the recognition that the needs of all Americans will be reflected in government policy is seen as normal.

What you want is the opposite of a democracy. You want only the needs of certain citizens you deem worthy to be reflected in government policies.

You want the government to ignore the needs of people you deem losers. In fact you want the government itself to see these people as losers.

This thinking is exclusionary and anti-democratic, but it is reflective of the core of conservative thought.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Nobody is worthless. Not even the stupid who I NEVER underestimate. They are the ones hell bent on dragging this country backwards.
Even if it is a poor soul who may take food stamps when they clearly can obtain a job or the corrupt ceo who takes corporate handouts at the taxpayer expense; they are still people and should not be called worthless.

Even the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills are not completely worthless.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You don't get it do you. If all citizens have worth as recognized by the society/state recognizing their citizenship and their political interests.

Then the state will be responsive to those interests. So if you have a democracy that contains a lot of old people in response to their interests the government creates medicare and social security.

If you have society in which you want to recognize the interests of investment banks, you change you tax policies to favor those investment banks.

This goes on and on, if you believe in a democracy then the recognition that the needs of all Americans will be reflected in government policy is seen as normal.

What you want is the opposite of a democracy. You want only the needs of certain citizens you deem worthy to be reflected in government policies.

You want the government to ignore the needs of people you deem losers. In fact you want the government itself to see these people as losers.

This thinking is exclusionary and anti-democratic, but it is reflective of the core of conservative thought.
NO. As I've said time and again. I want the lazy to get up off their asses and get a job and contribute to the betterment of the United States of America.

What part of that statement do you not understand?

Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It is obvious you don't care about stealing other folks money. That is what liberals do best. Who said anything about be free from taxation? Not me. I'm just tired of seeing my tax dollars wasted. You need to show me a bill that is trying to strip citizenship from people deemed to be "losers" or put a cork in it. So your entire argument is based on your presumption that conservatives think people are losers. Well quite frankly if the shoe fits.............
Again, this nation collects taxes. This nation will continue to collect taxes. If you have the silly idea that taxes are theft then your only solution is to live in a nation that doesn't collect.

No, my entire premise is based on the idea that conservatism is anti-democratic for the reasons I have given that you have not disputed.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Of course the government shouldn't force anyone to pay higher wages. Bloated government is also to blame for the crap that we're in. I don't disagree with throwing money at programs that go toward job training. The problem is, the lack of jobs. People are sold the pipe dream that college is the end all be all, and that everyone can be a doctor, or a lawyer, or CEO, in which you and I know is BS! So we have a lack of jobs, and college students burdened with student loan that they have to payoff, and unfortunately the only jobs are service industry jobs. Like I said, I don't have all of the answers, but I do feel it's ridiculous that a company like Walmart reaps in sick amounts of profit, and pays their employees crap, so that they have to receive benefits. That makes them an enabler. In fact, there was a time where Walmart was a job for high school and college kids, or a part time job for let's say a mother who wanted to work evenings for extra cash. At any rate, if we don't get a lid on our economic issues, and figure out how to stop bleeding good paying jobs overseas in this country we are truly f***ed! What really needs to happen is get the government out of bed with the mega corps. Both parties pander to them, and are taken in by bribes. That isn't what our government was meant for. The politicians are supposed to represent ALL Americans, and not just those at the top.

As for the Browns, the only thing I'm looking forward to is new ownership restoring the team to it's winning ways.
Well Walmart is still a good job for college or high school kids or mothers who want to work part time for extra dough. That is what it is. Same with any other retail job. It's not a career. The only jobs aren't service jobs unless that is all you have to offer. Going to school for four years is a waste of money if all you are doing is getting a piece of paper with no career path in mind. May as well just go work at Walmart. That is where you will end up and you won't have those loans to pay off like you say. Hell go be a truck driver or a mechanic or what have you. My brother in law has been for like twenty years never wen't to college and he does just fine and is very happy.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
YEs, and I need a win over RGIII from your Browns. I need a fired up Dog Pound!!

Here it's spelled.... Dawg Pound! And given that this is the last home game of the season, a winning streak, and an outside (and I do mean outside) shot of sneaking in as a wild card IF (big IF) they win out... they will be! It should be an interesting game. BTW who is your team?

Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again, this nation collects taxes. This nation will continue to collect taxes. If you have the silly idea that taxes are theft then your only solution is to live in a nation that doesn't collect.

No, my entire premise is based on the idea that conservatism is anti-democratic for the reasons I have given that you have not disputed.
NO the solution is to elect people in office who will spend those tax dollars responsibly. There is that word again.............

Your premise is compete and utter nonsense.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wow...you wrote all that to show that you don't comprehend the OP?

Who said anything about calling those who "work three jobs" worthless individuals? Certainly not me.

All you've done here is deflect to try to diffuse the FACT that there are millions upon millions of lazy, good for nothing losers in this nation who'd will never be convinced to get a job a pay their own way.

We are not talking about those who have fallen on hard times or "fallen through the cracks." But of course you wouldn't recogonize that. You never do. It's always deflection, deflection, deflection masked in some sort of data that you (and only you) think supports your case.

It's clear from reading your post that you have reading comprehension problems, or you're just obtuse beyond the logical definition of obtuse.

Unbelieveable.

And then you come along and second his motion.

Reading comprehension problems times two! Or is it obtusity?

Embarrassing indeed.
Lol. You are the one the makes multiple threads about the poor each week. I don't think that there is a liberal or independent in here that won't admit that there are lazy people. The problem with your threads is that they are in absolutes and meant to obscure any tidbits of truth you might accidentally jot down. Of course this is just par for the course in "Why do (insert group I hate)" threads.

Last edited by btsilver; 12-13-2012 at 10:53 AM..

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
YEs, and I need a win over RGIII from your Browns. I need a fired up Dog Pound!!
RGIII out unless they're idiots and put him out there. He keeps on running around like that he won't last long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies