Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That much is painfully obvious but many can't see it for some reason.

Partisan blinders my friend. And the politicians in DC are sitting there laughing their a**es off! Like I said, I try to take everything case by case, you know... actually think for myself. The problem is, too many people are wrapped up in their own little world, and can't wait to catch the next episode of "Dancing With The Stars" to care. So, they let the lamestream media do their thinking for them.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Taxes shouldn't be going to groups of individuals to begin with. You are lost before you even begin with that type of think.

Like I said show me where anyone has proposed stripping citizenship from people who choose not to work? In all these years and all these crazy evil conservatives who have held office there has to be somebody who proposed a bill taking away your citizenship if you are a loser. Or you are just full of poop.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Just to irritate AeroGuyDC. That was my assigned mission. Mission Accomplished.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I don't think that there is a liberal or independent in here that won't admit that there are lazy people.
And lazy folks are losers, so there you go

I'm going to add another adjective: selfish.

I never have been able to figure out why some folks think their own personal decisions/actions
are important enough, to make another citizen pay for it, through forced taxation.

I won't call them losers anymore. I will just call them liars...

Jonny Lang-Lie to me - YouTube

Last edited by pollyrobin; 12-13-2012 at 11:27 AM..

Old 12-13-2012, 11:01 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
YEs, and I need a win over RGIII from your Browns. I need a fired up Dog Pound!!
Never trust a Man who owns hogs (Redskins). They can eat several dogs in 20 minutes. HAIL!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I believe this is called deflection.

Nobody is talking about taking away votes here. But you should know by the way that we are not a mob rule democracy, nor should we be. So in that sense, I guess I am "anti-democratic." And I stand by it.

Before I knew better, I used to be under that blind assumption that we were a democracy, when in fact we are a democratic republic. My neighbor who is also libertarian explained it this way. He said pure democracy is no good, because as you said it's mob rule. His analogy is that in a pure democracy for example if 51% of the population voted to kill all gay people, or those who are left handed, then OH WELL, looks like those who are gay, or left handed are dead. That is not a society I would want to be part of. And being left handed myself in that scenario it would be detrimental to me.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I believe this is called deflection.

Nobody is talking about taking away votes here. But you should know by the way that we are not a mob rule democracy, nor should we be. So in that sense, I guess I am "anti-democratic." And I stand by it.
I have deflected nothing. conservatism at its core is exclusionary and anti-democratic, and I am glad that you stand by it. I just wish more conservatives would be honest.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Before I knew better, I used to be under that blind assumption that we were a democracy, when in fact we are a democratic republic. My neighbor who is also libertarian explained it this way. He said pure democracy is no good, because as you said it's mob rule. His analogy is that in a pure democracy for example if 51% of the population voted to kill all gay people, or those who are left handed, then OH WELL, looks like those who are gay, or left handed are dead. That is not a society I would want to be part of. And being left handed myself in that scenario it would be detrimental to me.
That's what most people think; that's what I thought until I bothered to study it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the problem with pure democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I have deflected nothing. conservatism at its core is exclusionary and anti-democratic, and I am glad that you stand by it. I just wish more conservatives would be honest.
Of course all you can do is spew hyperbole. Don't worry, I didn't expect much more. If you care to argue the benefits of pure democracy as opposed to what we have now, feel free.

Or you can just scream "democracy" and try to shut down the debate. Those one liners are usually very effective on the ignorant and emotionally driven.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
America is absolutely chock -full of losers and deadbeats who'd rather not lift a finger to help themselves and instead rely on the American taxpayer to care for their every need, including food, housing, cell phones, medical care, etc.

Whenever these losers and otherwise useless people are mentioned by conservatives, the first to come to their defense is liberals with a myriad of excuses as to why we shoud all be caring, empathetic, and sympathetic citizens who willingly support the Social Safety Net Juggernaut™.

Hardly ever do we find a liberal who will forthrightly, and honestly, acknowledge that this country is full of deadbeat individuals who do not pay into the American system.

Why is this? Why is it that liberals won't for a moment acknowledge that YES there are millions upon millions of people in this country who are perpetual bad decision-makers and have no desire, will, or ability to change their worthless existence?

Who amongst you will stand up and defend America for once instead of defending the Lowest Common Denominator that's sucking your wallet dry without an ounce of remorse?
Which losers are you talking about?
Do you mean the men and service women who spent a few years in a foreign country defending your freedom while you complained about paying too much taxes and then return home some missing limbs and find the Govt. is not interested in taking care of them.
Or is it the poor that used to have jobs but the rich fat cats thought it was better for their bank accounts to send their low paying jobs to China.

There are many people who work and pay taxes and live in nice homes and yet they are still losers and yet they come on the internet and complain about others.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:13 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Taxes shouldn't be going to groups of individuals to begin with. You are lost before you even begin with that type of think.

Like I said show me where anyone has proposed stripping citizenship from people who choose not to work? In all these years and all these crazy evil conservatives who have held office there has to be somebody who proposed a bill taking away your citizenship if you are a loser. Or you are just full of poop.
Huh, taxes do go to groups. Taxes go to people over 65. Taxes go to homeowners. Taxes go to parents. Taxes go to married couples. Taxes go to the disabled. Taxes go business interests. Doctors, etc and so on.

Taxes do nothing but go to groups. Fantasyland.

This repeated straw man, where have I suggested anything about taking the right to vote away?

Nowhere.

Not being allowed to vote is not the only way the political interests of those deemed worthless can be ignored by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies