Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Been doing a lot of that in my mountains as of late Jet Today is was a couple miles in snow shoes... Just got some new to us x-c skis too. need more snow......

How much does that cost?
New Hampshire has a mountain?

By the way, I know a lot of left-wingers who own firearms and are just as supportive of the Second Amendment as you or I. I also know Republicans who vehemently oppose all firearms in the hands of civilians. So this really is not a partisan issue. Although, I can recall no legislation coming from the right-wing in opposition to firearms. They seem to get on board with whatever the left-wing gun-grabbers come up with. Such as Rudy Giuliani giving speeches advocating support for the Brady Bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Law abiding citizens collect stamps.

some folks think they are nice and they tend to appreciate in value.

these are all the reasons a person needs to own what liberals are calling "assault weapons".

conversly, I have in my home a pipe. it was once used to smoke tobacco. it has not been used in 20 years. I have no good reason to hold onto it. However, it is currently still in my posession.

That also is a perfectly good reason for owning what liberals are calling "assault weapons"

any reason, or no reason is a solid constitutional reason to own what liberals are calling "assault weapons"
Do your stamps gain in value like my guns? I am sitting on a gun i bought in the mid 80's for 125 dollars and today it is worth around 800. Another gun I bought for under 100 bucks and have been offered 1,400 for it so far. It's a odd ball gun made for deer sized African game in the 1880's to 1910ish sort of gun.

A while back my wife wanted some art supplies and oh boy have they gone up..... I decided to offer one of my under 100 dollar Ak-47's for sale since I have more and i took 444.00 for it, which later i found i could have asked closer to 900.... of well I made out just fine anyway and she got what she wanted.

Do your stamps do that and fast when you want them too? I sort of doubt it.
I just wish I could break into the $5,000.00 type of collectors guns.

Maybe next year... But at my rate so far it's still better than any stocks or CD in bank could hope to pray..

You must be in excellent shape to be able to lug a cop around where ever you go...

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
we need to close loopholes on undisclosed gun purchases and background checks should be mandatory.
For every single purchase?

What if I've been issued a Concealed Firearm Permit? The state of Nevada does its own background check prior to issuance, and my fingerprints are forwarded to the FBI who in turn does another background check. The CFP is valid for five years, and if I'm disqualified from legally carrying a firearm during that time (e.g. I'm convicted of a disqualifying crime or a restraining order is taken out against me), the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department will show up at my door and take the physical CFP that I carry in my wallet away.

So, what about that? I've had a background check done, and I carry a card that proves as much. Since that card was issued, I've committed no crime or otherwise disqualified myself from legally buying/owning/carrying a firearm. If I ever do, the card will be taken from me. Should I be able to buy a gun without a superfluous background check?

By the way, exactly what did you mean by "undisclosed gun purchases"? Can you expound on that?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
New Hampshire has a mountain?

By the way, I know a lot of left-wingers who own firearms and are just as supportive of the Second Amendment as you or I. I also know Republicans who vehemently oppose all firearms in the hands of civilians. So this really is not a partisan issue. Although, I can recall no legislation coming from the right-wing in opposition to firearms. They seem to get on board with whatever the left-wing gun-grabbers come up with. Such as Rudy Giuliani giving speeches advocating support for the Brady Bill.

Leedle one's Glitch These are old.. The ossipee mts were taller than Everest once... apx 44,000 ft as i understand it, but that was a while back.

I get confused easy these days with the left and the grabbers....

This is a map of all that's left of that 44,000 footer now......

Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Again,
It is the disarmed that empower the criminal.
It doesn't matter what the tool is, be it truth, or an atomic bomb, it is the obvious presence of working tools that provide security , not the illusion of some sibstatute that clearly is non functional.
A police force is non functional during the moment of truth .They are a mop up team at best .
Secondly it is quite clear that the american communist party is fully involved in this disarmiment issue, so by reason of siding with this issue, one is in full alignment with the communist ajenda, guilt by association, period .
It is no secrit Obama is a Marxsist, it is also evident that liberals are prefiring this ajenda as well , so it is time to decide whom it is you are siding with .
Here we go, another wing nut conspire agenda driven propaganda crap ! whats next, my guess you are a birth er too .
With people like this how can anyone take the right wing thinking serious about anything.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
For every single purchase?

What if I've been issued a Concealed Firearm Permit? The state of Nevada does its own background check prior to issuance, and my fingerprints are forwarded to the FBI who in turn does another background check. The CFP is valid for five years, and if I'm disqualified from legally carrying a firearm during that time (e.g. I'm convicted of a disqualifying crime or a restraining order is taken out against me), the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department will show up at my door and take the physical CFP that I carry in my wallet away.

So, what about that? I've had a background check done, and I carry a card that proves as much. Since that card was issued, I've committed no crime or otherwise disqualified myself from legally buying/owning/carrying a firearm. If I ever do, the card will be taken from me. Should I be able to buy a gun without a superfluous background check?

By the way, exactly what did you mean by "undisclosed gun purchases"? Can you expound on that?
We are dealing with people who have no idea what the law is and or what we have passed paid or other infringement..

I can tell you that if i could prove cell phones confused the honey bee, I would be demanding all cell phone be banned....

You would hear a loud wailing then.... I suspect it's true.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Leedle one's Glitch These are old.. The ossipee mts were taller than Everest once... apx 44,000 ft as i understand it, but that was a while back.

I get confused easy these days with the left and the grabbers....

This is a map of all that's left of that 44,000 footer now......
Oh please, I have run over speed-bumps taller than the Ossipee "Mountains." If it is under 3,000 feet tall, it hardly qualifies as a mountain.

You need to turn your old mountain in for a new one. All of our mountains (except for the Brooks Range) are less than 56 million years old.

Technically speaking, the Ossipee Mountains are not actually mountains. It is an old, long extinct volcanic vent. Geologically they are referred to as a "Ring D.i.k.e." At its tallest, they estimated the volcanic vent was as tall as 24,120 feet.

Source: Ossipee Mountain Star Gate Activation

Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM

662 posts, read 1,049,241 times
No True Scotsman....

Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
No True Scotsman....
Owns waders

Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times
Holy mother of pearls. Look what became of this thread. It has to be a CD legend.

Anyways, as the original poster, let me reiterate my original point: No true law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. After all the discussion, I am even more convinced that I am correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies